Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Another 4g64 Swap/Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010 | 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Seems to be running better with the proper 4G64 tables flashed in. Now go get it tuned so you can extract some real power from that motor.
Old Jun 8, 2010 | 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

this looks good, I wish I swapped motors. prob better in the long run
Old Jun 8, 2010 | 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

can you tell a difference.
Old Jul 5, 2010 | 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Okay so i found a way to disable the eclipse immobilizer.

NO need to buy an evo ecu or use an evo rom unless you want to go turbo, the car seems to run alot more like a stock car now. Ill be taking it out to the track as soon as it is open again. Next i want to do some suspension work, or possibly some cedias. Ill probably hold off on the wideband, idk if i want to go turbo on this motor, or spend the same amount of money and just do the 4g63 swap next time around.
Old Jul 7, 2010 | 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Go 4g63boost
Old Jul 7, 2010 | 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by japordie
Go 4g63boost
if i can manage to fit the 2g dsm manifold and turbo on this thing, ill probably boost it pretty soon. i have quite a few 2g dsm parts in my garage
Old Aug 10, 2010 | 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Just read through your thread. Nice swap! You should look into swapping either an Evo DOHC head or the KIA DOHC head. It will make it a good bit snappier and can be used on the 4G64 stock tune. Even in NA form, the Evo head will make a noticable difference in power and it's pretty much bolt-on. Just a recommendation before you get it tuned.
Old Aug 10, 2010 | 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

thansk for the props!
yea the only problem with the evo head is that its EXPENSIVE, haha, its about 500 just for the head, then i need the intake mani, the throttle body, the sensors, and adjustable cam gears.

i was lookin on the 3g forum and it doesnt make much of an NA difference, and its good for boost when going over 300whp. but im planning on keeping it below those numbers, ive decided to pick up another 4g64 and rebuild it for boost, then run about 15psi, and swap the head later when i decide i want more power and a tranny rebuild.
Old Aug 11, 2010 | 02:25 AM
Evolving Member

Cool, sounds like a plan then.
Old Aug 12, 2010 | 09:33 PM

Evo head raises compression, Kia head lowers compression. For NA, it's better to swap the G4JS with Evo IM, valve springs, and cams OR swap the Evo head on the G4JS with the Evo IM, valve springs, and bigger cams.

Kia head is good for boosted: 1)They are cheap and easier to find 2)They lower compression to allow a safer tune.
Old Aug 13, 2010 | 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

nice, thanks for the info mystic, ill probably build my engine throughout the next 2 school semesters, and then drop it in during the summer or spring break next year. Now im having issues with my damn power steerign pump, the high pressure bolt doesnt want to tighten all the way, this happened with the pump that came with the engine, it was leaking all over the place so i tightened it more and it ended up stripping it and cauisng it to make a constant hissing noise. now this is the second pump and i have the same problem. its really annoying me and making me consider ditching the power steering.
Old Aug 13, 2010 | 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
nice, thanks for the info mystic, ill probably build my engine throughout the next 2 school semesters, and then drop it in during the summer or spring break next year. Now im having issues with my damn power steerign pump, the high pressure bolt doesnt want to tighten all the way, this happened with the pump that came with the engine, it was leaking all over the place so i tightened it more and it ended up stripping it and cauisng it to make a constant hissing noise. now this is the second pump and i have the same problem. its really annoying me and making me consider ditching the power steering.
Powered by armstrong baby!!! Lol When I swapped my buddys sr20det into his couple shell he was helping me and stripped one of the power steering line connections so he has had to armstrong it ever since the swap. Where he stripped it is a ***** to get to when the engine is in and I didnt know until after it was done
Old Aug 13, 2010 | 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

lol so what do you think man, should i just pull out the power steering and ac, until i can get a new pump or maybe get this one rethreaded?

Only thing is, i always made fun of the honda guys for not having ac and power steering, now i feel like one of them
Old Aug 13, 2010 | 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvasquez12
lol so what do you think man, should i just pull out the power steering and ac, until i can get a new pump or maybe get this one rethreaded?

Only thing is, i always made fun of the honda guys for not having ac and power steering, now i feel like one of them
Me personally I am all about keeping as many of the creature comforts as possible, I say get it fixed but thats just me I like having PS and AC
Old Aug 13, 2010 | 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

me too. do you think it can be rethreaded? i have SO MUCH trouble getting the line to bolt down without stripping it, it just wont catch. maybe it was somethign to do with how the pressure line sits on teh 4g64 power steering pump. should i order a new ps pump along with a 4g64 pressure line and see if they will fit.

Quick Reply: Another 4g64 Swap/Build Thread