Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Takeda SRI information?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takeda SRI information?

Id first like to say hi to the community, HI!

I just bought a new 2010 Lancer GTS sportback and am loving it!

I have been reading alot on different mods and just general changes to the stock gts and i realize that getting huge gains is not possible with just swapping a few parts nor keeping the warranty which is one reason i bought the car new.

I have seen some threads regarding different intakes and i was trying to compare the injen SRI to the Takeda SRI but i cant seem to find any links for the Takeda for the 2.4L. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

The takeda system can cause check engine lights. Personally I would go with a Injen CAI, or SRI if u cant afford the CAI.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:28 AM

Interesting, i have not heard that.

Well i was deciding between the SRI and CAI, but sense neither really gives any real gains and is more a mod/sound thing i was gonna save some money, to me the extra 100 isnt worth the 1-2 hp i MAY get with a CAI over an SRI.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:49 AM

There is a Takeda 2.4L intake out that uses the stock intake box... not sure on throwing off a CEL yet but it's all over the www.9glancers.com forums
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:13 PM

not sure abt CEL going off... i had mine for over a year now no problem what so ever...additionally all the takeda SRI with its logo on the heatshield has given no problem... people reporting problems have reported that the logo is on the piping not on the heat shield
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:45 PM

here you go
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...L4&&brandID=78

You just missed a GB over at 9glancers
No CEL from any users as of yet
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the link, it was exactly what i was looking for.

What are the gains people are seeing from it? i find it hard to believe the 20hp claim lol.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M@verik
The takeda system can cause check engine lights. Personally I would go with a Injen CAI, or SRI if u cant afford the CAI.
you are referring to the 2.0 engine sri from takeda which was designed by a different engineer than the current one.

the current design has 0 performance issues, the only issue might be with the box fitment but that is being addressed currently.

overall its the best SRI out for the lancer. wouldnt go injen CAI for the 2.4l i had it, it was ok but i didnt like the design.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancer0220
you are referring to the 2.0 engine sri from takeda which was designed by a different engineer than the current one.

the current design has 0 performance issues, the only issue might be with the box fitment but that is being addressed currently.

overall its the best SRI out for the lancer. wouldnt go injen CAI for the 2.4l i had it, it was ok but i didnt like the design.
Oh ok
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by unkSauce
Interesting, i have not heard that.

Well i was deciding between the SRI and CAI, but sense neither really gives any real gains and is more a mod/sound thing i was gonna save some money, to me the extra 100 isnt worth the 1-2 hp i MAY get with a CAI over an SRI.

Dont listen to anyone who says there arnt gains. Now my car is loud already so I cant hear the intake at all, but ill tell u the car is a lot more responsive with my Injen CAI. A decent torque boost at low revs and a decent power boost from around 4000rpm. And in addition its even better for gas. Now maybe this is because my car already has a full exhaust and tune, but there are gains, and for the money im happy.