Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

help me find intake pipe couplers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2003, 02:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help me find intake pipe couplers

hi all. could anyone point me out to a shop that makes intake pipe couplers? looking for a 2 3/4" coupler with a 90 degree bend. and maybe 2 3/4" straight couplers. thanks.

already tried turbohoses.com but they're kinda expensive for the 90 degree coupler. thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

why not get a mandrel pipe that has a 90 bend and some straight couplers to save you some $$$??
Old Dec 22, 2003, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

If you find out, please post it. I have the RMR SRI, and that stupid stock hose has to go. Where could I get something like that made, and how much would I spend? RMR definately should have made that part.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

These hose tend to be a little spendy every where I have looked. You might want to try Ebay too I see them all the time on there. The size you are looking for I dont see alot of. Maily things are in 2 2.5 then jumps up to 3" . to help you out these guys here (I have ordered from them before, good company) They will special order what you need.

http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g2cat/hoses.htm
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:41 PM
EvoM Guru

a 90 degree aluminum pipe is well close to $70. don't feel like going cheap and getting aluminumized steel or stainless steel. from experience, they're pretty heavy. getting straight aluminum piping in conjuction with cheap, but durable, silicone hoses might be a more cost/weight effective way in making a custom intake. i'm just checking it out and doing my homework.

www.turbohoses.com << overpriced in comparison
www.sporthoses.com
http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g2cat/hoses.htm
^ thanks mobius97

also on the rmr site, they say they can get samco to make custom bent hoses, but looking at their prices for generic couplers, it might be a bit too pricey for a single hose to go with the rmr intake, but you can ask rmr. samco also seems to have better prices than turbohoses.com and most others. also, extreme motorsports seems to have good prices. comparable to samco.

Last edited by rhyzin; Dec 23, 2003 at 09:38 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Kris,
I will try and get the info from the new metalshop next to my work.he quoted me $100 for all the custom 3" aluminum pipeing that i want to get done...and yours is a lot smaller project so thinking it will be cheaper...pluss less welds.

O.T. damn...this is the earliest post i have ever done...clocks all haywire due to the earthquake...house a mess too.
how did you hold up??the scaryest thing for me was dodgeing 3 4 foot wide by 30 feet tall metal towers trying to fall on my as i was running outside at work durring the earthquake
Old Dec 23, 2003, 07:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

They're all expensive. I got mine from Baker Precision, but they sucked. I cancelled my order out of frustration after 8 wks of backorder without notification, and then they still sent it 4 weeks later. No complaints on their products however.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 10:08 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone near me used a $6 rubber elbow from Home Depot, but I imagine it won't have nearly the performance as what you're looking for.

And glad to hear you're ok Troie
Old Dec 23, 2003, 10:17 AM

Samco 70mm 90 degree hose in blue or black= $36.17/each
2 blue and 2 black in stock

Samco 70mm straight hose coupler (76mm long)=$9.86/each
Blue and black in stock
Old Dec 23, 2003, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well...the shop by my work is closed for the holidays but i will drop the info as soon as they get back
Old Dec 24, 2003, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

I know this is ghetto but here goes. My 90 degree hose off the compressor is a piece of radiator hose that happened to be 90 degrees. My straight couplers are from NAPA. It is black hydraulic hose (super heavy duty) that they use on semi's and big equipment, need a hacksaw to cut it. 3ft of 2 1/4" ID is like 40 bucks. Cut to fit your needs.
Old Dec 24, 2003, 08:32 PM
EvoM Guru

if troie's shop pulls through, that might be the cheapest. but thanks anyways everybody as i'm sure someone sooner or later is gonna want to know this stuff too...

going either custom or through couplers, a custom cai is gonna run around $100. not bad...