Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

PZEV..... what to do?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PZEV..... what to do?

hey guys, unfortunatley my 11' lancer gts is a pzev. i have the greddy ti-c axle-back exhaust and im rlly tired of it still being redicilousy quiet. im looking to make it louder and gain that extra 10hp that the fed spec lancers have. i kno that rrm makes the pzev header but im more interested in replacing other part before putting a header on. i would like to remove both stock cats and replace it with one high flow cat. im having trouble finding any kind of aftermarket exhaust for pzev spec cars besides axle back exhaust. i kno that injen make a FULL cat back exhaust which includes a hi flow cat, resonator, mid pipe and muffler, but i still want to get rid of that cat that comes down off the stock header. any suggestions would be great guys bc im kinda lost. thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Hi, I'm in california, so does that mean my GTS is PZEV? Whats the pro and con compare to the normal ones?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All GTS models sold in California (and a couple other stringent states) are PZEV. The con is you have 7 less horsepower vs. federal and about the only pro is that is runs cleaner.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:33 AM

yeah but honestly i dont care about running cleaner. i want that 7 hp and a louder exhaust. here in pa i dont need to have 2 cats to pass inspection. anyone kno how to delete the warm up cat without sending a CEL or without having buying the rrm headers? i kno rrm used to make a test pipe but they discontinued it.