Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4G93E (All-Motor) Build

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time no update lol.

Thething about the DOHC head isn't that it necessarily gives you a boat load of power, but that it gives the motor more potential. Everything you listed, I've already done. Now it's just the case of putting it all together. It's an expensive and time consuming route that may not give you as much power as going turbo, but for me, I prefer consistant power especially since I do road racing and autocross. I am getting the motor tuned, but for economy rather than performance.

After I break the engine in, I'm gonna throw in Stage 1 cams and get it run two different maps, an economy and a performance one. I'll stick with the stock ECU for now, but in the near future, will switch out to a stand-alone system. I just feel I've spent way too much at this point. Depending on how it runs and feels, I might skip the cams and jsu call the build done.

Now the bad news... When I got the head, one of the pieces (I can't recall off the top of my head, but it holds the cam down) snapped in half... No biggie. I did bring it up to Luis with LLC and it was gonna be a straight swap, broken piece for a new one... Again, no biggie. But stupid me wasn't tracking that situation til it was too late. The engine is pretty much ready to go, it's in the car, everythings installed, etc, but it's missing that broken piece. By the time Luis shipped it, my leave was over and here I am now back in Afghanistan.

So with that said, if everything wraps up neatly, my car should be done by next week, but I won't be the first one to drive her =(. I'll post up pics that my brother posts in a bit, but as for how it feels and how much improvement there... we'll have to wait until I go back home towards the end of 2011/beginning 2012. Yup...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:24 PM

i have a 2002 oz rally and im havin the hardest time finding any performance parts. my plan is to buy a new 4g94 and tranny and build it. ported, polished, bored out, raise compression and itbs, so on and so on. but i cant find s*** for it. can you hook me up with a website that does performance parts for the 4g94 single cam please?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

most of the parts you are going to find are going to have to do with FI.

Hit up RPW and LLT-Racing. They are from Australia though so shipping will be a pretty penny.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Lover
can you hook me up with a website that does performance parts for the 4g94 single cam please?
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Lover
i have a 2002 oz rally and im havin the hardest time finding any performance parts. my plan is to buy a new 4g94 and tranny and build it. ported, polished, bored out, raise compression and itbs, so on and so on. but i cant find s*** for it. can you hook me up with a website that does performance parts for the 4g94 single cam please?
www.speedcorps.com
Old Oct 11, 2011, 08:06 PM

thanks guy. still aint really findin **** on my car though
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:02 PM

good stuff, and you could still daily a car that has ITBs, ive done it. It sounds badass! you should do it!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

Who manufactures ITB for the 4G93/94 though. I might look into it, but I've already had the head portmatched to the RRM Intake Manifold I have.

But yeah, I got in contact with LLT-Racing. That replacement part I'm missing should be in sometime next week. Hopefully my car will be done by the end of the month... Hopefully... lol
Old Oct 21, 2011, 01:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
About how much hp would this setup make when all is said and done? I've always liked the idea of an N/A motor.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Midnightkid
Who manufactures ITB for the 4G93/94 though. I might look into it, but I've already had the head portmatched to the RRM Intake Manifold I have.

But yeah, I got in contact with LLT-Racing. That replacement part I'm missing should be in sometime next week. Hopefully my car will be done by the end of the month... Hopefully... lol
I don't know of anyone but what I was planning on doing was maybe using the throttle bodies from a GSXR 1000. Get a manifold made up so it would mate up with the ITBS and you would need to make up a throttle cable bracket.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
About how much hp would this setup make when all is said and done? I've always liked the idea of an N/A motor.
The DOHC swap alone will put you at around 120-130 WHP. Keep in mind the 4G94 is advertised at 120 HP, but thats to the crank. They dyno anywhere from 80 WHP-100 WHP. On top of that, it isn't necessarily the horsepower gains that make the swap appealing, but the unleashed potential. N/A mods will definitely be more reactive than the minute' gains you'd see with the SOHC set up. With all the N/A mods I've done, on top the new mods: Higher compression pistons, bored block, head port matched to the intake manifold, etc, I'm hoping to be 180-200WHP area. Not much considering how much I've invested in this build; however, that's 200WHP at any time I want. No need to worry about turbo lag or losing boost pressure after I come out of a corner (I do road racing and autocross ).

I imagine with the cam profiles of the 4G93E as well as the higher compression I'm running, I'll see better performance from a roll. Before the swap, I could hang with a turbo'd lancer from cruising speeds. I won't beat him or anything, but he'll only take me by maybe two cars lengths. We'll see what happens when I get back
Old Nov 28, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

The missing part arrived and is at the shop. As long as there's no other foul-ups, car should be done in a week. Pix when it's done and vids as well as reviews when I get back to the States.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so.. 11:1.. u adding nitrous? thats not really what allmotor guys consider high compression.. 12.5:1 is fine on pump gas.. 13:1 on e85.. 14:1-15:1 on race gas only..

120-130hp at the wheels will outrun most hondas on the street. exspecially a nice allaround powerban... ive been thinkin about doin a 12.5:1 allmotor 2.4 evo head setup.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Fair enough, but given the profile of the 4G94, I'd say 11.0 is a lower-high compression lol. I considered a higher compression, but opted to play it safe since the block got bored, that and the strains autocrossing/Road Racing cause. I'd rather stay within the realms of the known than take the plunge. As for nitrous, it's a possibility. I'll see how the cylinder walls take the abuse since even that's up in the air at the moment.

As for a 2.4 Evo head swap, you mean the whole mating a 63 head and 64 bottom? Given the nature of your builds, I'd say you'd be pretty successful making it happen. Would you do the All-wheel drive conversion or just have an insane amount of torque in the front tires? lol
Old Dec 2, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes i did mean a 63/64 build. being a 2.4 build or a 2.1 destroker build for a big 10k rpm powerban.. and i would definately stay with fwd. on the street, the power doesnt matter(i drive responsibly to avoid cop troubles).. and at the track, slicks make all the difference. Id been thinkin about doing an all motor car for a while as my new DD. If i give up on boost, ill use my current lancer and turn it into an all motor pro car with a wheelie bar.. if i use a new lancer ill keep it as a DD, going highcompression would really just be my simple way of putting a fresh motor in the car since i cant find one with low miles to be my little beater car..

Quick Reply: 4G93E (All-Motor) Build