Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

4G93E (All-Motor) Build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012 | 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bones_OZ
God Damn are you a negitive nancy, seriously its annoying. I read all six pages of this thread and all I could do was shake my head at your post.
When you have more experience on here, you'll realize I'm being realistic. Do you honestly think a 1.8 L motor made 170+ WHP with the stock camshaft? If he's saying camshaft, that suggests to me it's a dyno of the SOHC motor, not the DOHC. Plus, that 170+ WHP would equate to well over 200 HP at the crank. I call BS. Oh and lets not forget the dyno even says EngHP.

Last edited by ambystom01; Jan 25, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012 | 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

I read the thread and I have to say nice build I wanted to try that for myself but went turbo route then got tired of replacing transmissions. So 4g63 for me. But something is off with the dyno I’m not calling you out or saying its false info but dyno hp and TQ are the same at the rpm 5252 and yours cross later. So they have something messed up on your dyno. And with that being skewed I would put money on that your hp and tq numbers are false.
Old Jan 27, 2012 | 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I think that's crank HP, unless the car is extremely modified, which with stock cams, I doubt.

Yes 176HP on crank , Jun 280° cam´s on shipping ;-)
Old Mar 4, 2012 | 04:20 PM

Hey by chance doany of you happen to know the Part number for the Valve/Rocker cover gasket for that 4g93 head? Its hard to get ahold of Luis, and i have a shop that can order mitsu parts...but were unsure of what year/model this 4g93 head came from...its the only thing holding me back from installing this build...and ive been waiting a year to have it all gathered together
Old Mar 25, 2012 | 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

96+ Lancer GSR (CM5A)
Old May 22, 2012 | 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Long time no update!! lol. I've been driving my car since I got back Mid-January, trying to break it in. During that time, I picked up Firearms as a hobby and much of my money and attention has been focused on that. But my tuner buddies got me out of that daze and now I'm back at it, kinda sorta. Anyway, the news:

The head swapped in without any Major issues running the factory ecu; however, untuned I'm seeing Mid-High teens tops for gas mileage. With that said, first time in the driver's seat, I instantly noticed significant increase in performance with this swap. I can't give hard numbers or figures since I haven't been to the Dyno or track yet. But to put it in perspective, I did a quick night time run, on a level "Drag Strip", from a 30 MPH roll with my buddy's Stock 2003 S2000 (He's a pretty good driver and my car's still automatic). (Stock 03 S2000: 230/240 bhp and weigh around 2800 lbs **internet numbers**)

Through his third, he didn't pull away at all. When he shifted into fourth, he pulled a few feet ahead while my car was stuck around 5-6K RPMs waiting to shift (I was in Third). When it finally did go into fourth, I pulled forward and we were about even. When he went into fifth, he wasn't pulling ahead by car lengths like in the past, he was inching forward. We shut it down around 85-90 MPH. Long story short, my car in the past would've been blown away long before then and would've lost by several car lengths.

You can definitely count on pictures and videos coming up sometime soon. I also plan on taking my car to get tuned mid-june/early-july for sure. The gas mileage is absolutely killing me lol
Old May 22, 2012 | 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Finally someone that believes in a N/A 4G94 (frankenstein 4G94 but still a 4G94)!
Props to you
are you going to Mitsubishi owners day this year?

Last edited by jujukiller; May 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old May 22, 2012 | 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Man! It. Took you all this time to give an update?!

Grats on getting it running. What are you going to use to get the tune correct? The 93e has Mivec right? Doesn't that have to be ecu controlled? I swear I'm going to get that head sooner or later. If you go to get rid of it or part out hit me first.
Old May 22, 2012 | 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Videos or it didn't happen!! LOL...just playin. Definitely glad this car is running and we have an update. I had put it as someone giving up on it.

Def get some vids up though. Def want to see this car running.
Old May 22, 2012 | 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jujukiller
Finally someone that believes in a N/A 4G94 (frankenstein 4G94 but still a 4G94)!
Props to you
are you going to Mitsubishi owners day this year?
Appreciate it. When is MOD this year? I'd need to get tuned or else I'll have to gas up like... 5 times to get there lol.

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
Man! It. Took you all this time to give an update?!

Grats on getting it running. What are you going to use to get the tune correct? The 93e has Mivec right? Doesn't that have to be ecu controlled? I swear I'm going to get that head sooner or later. If you go to get rid of it or part out hit me first.
I'm gonna use ecuflash for now and see if that'll be sufficient without getting an stand-alone ecu. The 93E comes in MIVEC but I ended up picking up the non-mivec version. Luis was telling me that with the approach I was taking on the platform I have, I'd be better off with the non-MIVEC since the gains wouldn't be signigicant (at least, thats what I think he told me or what not, it's been 3 years lol) I'll let you know if I ever get rid of it. My tranny is starting to hate me and depending on how much it is to rebuild or do a manual swap will depend on whether or not I call this build done (Doubt it, I've gone too far to call it quits )

Originally Posted by slatermvp
Videos or it didn't happen!! LOL...just playin. Definitely glad this car is running and we have an update. I had put it as someone giving up on it.

Def get some vids up though. Def want to see this car running.
That's what my 350Z friends keep telling me lol. They didn't believe me 'til my bud with the S2K told them so I'll do a thorough vid to show the nitty gritty, and I'll definitely post a vid after the tune to see what happens.
Old May 22, 2012 | 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

MOD is July 14 th
Old May 23, 2012 | 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

I ended up looking it up online, I'll more than likely be going to MOD this year.
Old May 24, 2012 | 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

NICE! See you there!
Old May 24, 2012 | 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

I say we try and find out who's all gonna go Lancer wise, meet up that morning somewhere, then roll deep lol
Old May 24, 2012 | 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

for sure, lol!
let's start a thread for a roll call of all of the 02-03 lancers going to MOD
I know OZR_Lancer and a couple guys from sclc.net are going.

Last edited by jujukiller; May 24, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 4G93E (All-Motor) Build