Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Saved up some money, now thinking about a GTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to determine what it is you are going to want out of the car in the future. If you are looking for an affordable daily driver, that will allow for moderate spirited driving here and there I would say the Gts is the way to go. If you plan on modding a lot or are looking for performance I strongly suggest you look into the ralliart or an evo.

You don't necessarily need to get an X, there are plenty of well cared for VIII's and IX's with relatively low mileage that would be fantastic buys. When I bought my Gts I was looking to own something outright, that could be my daily driver as I already have my "fun" car. Despite that, I am already considering selling it and picking up an evo. For me personally, its hard not to work on my cars and want to mod them

All in all the Gts is a fantastic car, and if its the type of car you are looking for, you will be very happy. Just bee sure it is what you want
Old Nov 5, 2011, 06:07 PM

like what everybody have been trying to explain, if you are planning to track the car in the future or do some "serious" engine mods then i would sugget that you save up some more and get an evo. i thought about the monthly payments,insurance, and maintenance and made 0 regregrets with my gts. goodluck!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 01:11 PM

hey guys,
Thanks for all the feedback. After reading everyone's opinions i've decided to just save my money and hopefully later in life purchase an evo haha but seriously, i don't want to make a wrong decision by just buying a GTS to have a "new" car. i'll stick with a beater until i have enough for an EVO!!! Thanks Again
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by lloyd03oz
hey guys,
Thanks for all the feedback. After reading everyone's opinions i've decided to just save my money and hopefully later in life purchase an evo haha but seriously, i don't want to make a wrong decision by just buying a GTS to have a "new" car. i'll stick with a beater until i have enough for an EVO!!! Thanks Again
Not many ppl can do that, congrats and g/l.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:37 AM

Yea, too many people get the "new car itch" and just buy what they can instead of what they're really after. Congrats, keep saving! =)