Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

tachometer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2002, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
agreed.

and I don't think the tach is hard to see, I usually know from the sound when I hit 5500 and that is my shift point usually, sometimes go up to 6,000 try moving the wheel down shift light would be such rice if you don't have turbo or (gulp) nawz to warrant the quick shifting.
Old Jul 16, 2002, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All autometer one's are ok...or if u hve anything like the Apexi RSM, u can hook a light up to one of the wires and get the shift light...and probably more flexible than the autometer shiftlight cos u don't need the yellow pills for different shift points...

they all jst tap into the tacho sensor of your ECU...nice and easy to do...jst need 2 find the correct pin for it

I hve an autometer shift light, mounted discretely cos they bright enough already...but still i think they're too big..and mounting it on my dash a while ago almost blinded me.

Cusco Japan or Razo japan makes a cool one, whereby you simply plug it into your cigarrette lighter and it'll measure off your engine pulse.

Just my 2 cents worth

Isaac Li
Greddy/TRUST New Zealand
Advanced Imports Ltd. Workshop Staff
www.advan.co.nz