Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Kamikaze Header

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but putting split washers (pressure washers/lock washers) on IS a good extra idea though Never can have too much redundancy.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by sdhotwn
The nuts do actually fit. They are lock threaded though. At least the ones I had were. They will thread on about 4 or 5 turns before binding up. After that they are difficult to turn but will go all the way on, and you'll notice the threads are still in good condition (not chewed up like there was a wrong size nut). That prevents them from coming back off. I have had no problem with mine at all. But I'll double check tonight, I have about 2,000 miles on so far.

Later.

Steve
not on ours, believe me those nuts dont work. I replaced it with a longer nut which securly hugs the bolts all the way down till the tip of course with a lock washer. This shouldnt have anymore problems.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Man I swear I got a different header or something

I got a solid copper gasket.. no way that could disintegrate (another thread on here)

I got good locking nuts, that worked just fine.. just hard to tighten because that's the way they are... They were a b***h to get started though...

I have an O2 bung on my header.. IILancerO2II didn't have one at all...

No fitment or install or quality issues at all...

Got any pics of the bad nuts? I'm curious to see what they look like compared to mine.

Later.

Steve
Old Feb 3, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

I will take pics of the only remaining nut hanging for his dear life while two of them fell off on god knows where they at now, I will have it tomorrow
Old Feb 3, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

The only thing i got screwed outta so far was the o2 hole. i hope nothing else or else im going to be pissed!
Old Feb 3, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

well guys, i cant stand the noise anymore. im takin it off and going back to stock. probably be selling the header and DP. i cant believe it, that F%&^%^ noise is ugly and wont go away. sorry guys, but it must be done.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Man.. don't do that.. just go buy the 4" x 14" round magnaflow and get that put inline.. you'll like the sound and the muffler will cost about 50 or 60 bucks.. husker exhaust online... yahoo store...
Old Feb 3, 2004, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

thats what i have! its a custom magnaflow exhaust catback.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

so you run two mufflers in line and yet you still have issues???

Something else may be weird then.. mine is very quiet and smooth and clean running that exhaust setup.... Kamikaze header and dp, stock cat, 2.25" piping all the way back. 4"x14" round "resonator" and then 6"x9"x14" muffler.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

ah.. that's right you have the hissing/crackling issue... You could always have them cut out that flex pipe and replace it with a different flex joint that may be different enough to get rid of the issue. That is definitely strange though. You and IILancer02II are the only ones that seem to have that problem, but there may be more as well. I just don't remember seeing it in any other Kamikaze threads... and I've read most/all of them.

I'd try experimenting more and see if you can isolate it... will it do it if someone revs the car up high in neutral? Try and poke around some and see what you find. Otherwise... who knows I guess.

Good luck man.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by archangelite
well guys, i cant stand the noise anymore. im takin it off and going back to stock. probably be selling the header and DP. i cant believe it, that F%&^%^ noise is ugly and wont go away. sorry guys, but it must be done.
Well sucks to hear that. You should try a few things before you get rid of it. If not I would be very interested in buying it otherwise. Let me know.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

it makes it in nuetral when it relindes or is about to redline.

Like i said earlier - it only really happens when the gears are about to shift. LIke when just going at medium throttle the gears shift around 3100rpm so thats when it makes the noise but at WOT it makes it at 6200rpm or whenever the redline is when it shifts.

Since im home today, im going to check a few things. I think maybe the bolts from the DP to my test pipe might be loose or something. who knows.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

I am about to buy the MIL Eliminator. I cant ... ahh its hard to say if i should or shouldnt . IF i do, shd - will this make my gas mileage go back up?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I've said it like 4 times .. you NEED to put your O2 sensor back into the header. You NEED to get an O2 bung installed by an exhaust shop on the header so you can screw that thing back in and reconnect it to the car. Without that no MIL Eliminator will get you ANYWHERE no matter what. Once you do that your gas mileage will go back up.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Check your headers to Downpipe Bolts and Nuts...may be where the problem is, I experienced the same thing and be posting a pic of the nut NOT TO USE for this header. Pic coming up...

Quick Reply: Kamikaze Header