Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Kamikaze Header

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well the spinning of the tires in and of itself is enough to create the difference.. heavier rims will also make a decent difference... and extra weight could also add some difference. So there are enough factors that I'd guess added up to the difference. Best way to be really sure is to run each car like 5 times and time them specifically over a certain distance. or run them several times varying your approaches and seeing what differences you get. Also where you shift or so forth will make a diff. Shift just shy of 6K on each shift. You should also do the cars from a roll.. that will help the issues with traction. do a 10 mph roll and go once you hit a certain point.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

yeah thats what we should do, do a 10mph roll and then run. Thanks man, just thought my car had a little advantage coz of the Catback over his stock exhaust but 1/2 a car length tells me that it didnt. Surprised and worried i might have lost low end power coz of too much air free flow. Anyway he'll strap on a DC twin Canister Catback today, and its raining like **** today so maybe when it gets dry. Last night was damp, a lil over 30 degrees but when we got to the spot our tires were already wet. so might have cost some problems there also
Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

also we tried 5 times and my car just couldnt hang.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

it is possible that you lost some low end, but i'd kind of doubt it. It's not real common to have that problem even though everyone thinks that it happens all the time etc... Be interesting to see what happens once he puts on his exhaust.

Good luck and be safe!

Later.

Steve
Old Feb 20, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

well race again once he puts it on.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:15 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Punk8981
well race again once he puts it on.
i smoked you sucka' . j/k now dont get us wrong guys..... we're not going out there street racing at every stop light. its actually an industrial back road that is absolutely DEAD at night, so no worries. anyways we're simply conducting an experiment with bolt on's.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:30 AM
Account Disabled

with an N/A setup ...if a car has an inatke and header...and coparing it to the saame car with intake header and catback... the car witout the catback will usually be faster...you should take your catback off and see if ster...it usually will... your car will run faster...i cant really explain why it just does has something to do with back pressue or soething like that....try it out and find out for ur self
Old Feb 20, 2004, 10:37 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by TeamNeXusOz
with an N/A setup ...if a car has an inatke and header...and coparing it to the saame car with intake header and catback... the car witout the catback will usually be faster...you should take your catback off and see if ster...it usually will... your car will run faster...i cant really explain why it just does has something to do with back pressue or soething like that....try it out and find out for ur self
yeah thats why punk8981 is eager to compare. he wants to see if the magnaflow is comparable to the dc twin cannister design. i'm not sure, but maybe the design will yeild different results. i guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by TeamNeXusOz
in that case, why bother spending money and making the car only sounds louder? .L. smoked me? u would have if it wasnt a 1/2 a car length
Old Feb 20, 2004, 11:51 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Punk8981

in that case, why bother spending money and making the car only sounds louder? .L. smoked me? u would have if it wasnt a 1/2 a car length
calm down brotha'. we need to do some more reasearch on the subject. by the way, does anyone know what kind of gains are stated by magnaflow?
Old Feb 20, 2004, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

where do i purchase a kamikaze header? i want one
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

www.bigjoshracing.com

the header is nice but it makes it loud as hell.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 01:37 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Originally posted by IILANCERII02
www.bigjoshracing.com

the header is nice but it makes it loud as hell.
yeah it should be around $260 shipped. also, as far as the sound goes...... it all depends on the setup. my buddy's got intake, kamikaze header, and magnaflow catback exhaust. his exahaust tone is medium (on a scale from low, medium, high, ear-bleed-high ). some people with custom pipping setups, universal mufflers have had a high/ear-bleed-high result. so it all depends on what you choose.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 02:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The biggest determining factors in sound are your muffler and catalytic converter followed in 3rd by piping diameter.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

i think ill just go buy the magnaflow catback and then the headers

Quick Reply: Kamikaze Header