Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Fuel Injector INFO?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and the 4g64 injectors work, just a direct swap then?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

My take on the whole injector argument.

My car is just about to be boosted as well. Some of the Mirage guys and some of the Honda guys are running the low impedance injectors from DSM's, some with the resistor box and some without. Those without are either (a) throwing CELs and long term damage is unknown or (b) running full standalone and then it does not matter. As to where you can get this resistor box, I dont know, I haven't the foggiest of ideas.

What I did for my setup is use the RX-7 460cc injectors. Nice for my setup and HIG impedance so I dont have to fight those impedance wars. However, the price tag on them is significantly higher than DSM ones. Let's just say that you could get DSM 450cc for about 45 - 50 bucks for a set of four, and RX-7 ones ALMOST cost that much per injector.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we are not sure if the 4g64 work

Hobie is trying in spring.

he said they compared and are a VERY similar size.

yeah im a lil poor and can't afford that much for the injectors, im almost positive some place in Vegas knows how to bore out injectors...its Vegas for the love of god lol.

i think im just gonna get the 2g walbro pump, a rising rate fpr(boost sensitive fpr)...wherever i can find of those..if u could tell me would be appreciated, and than some bored out/replaced injectors.

that will get me running rich enough for 5-6 intercooled psi...than either the vortech 12:1 FMU...or an s-afc 1/2 whichever i can find.

i think if i get an FMU i need the FPR...still blurry on diff between a FPR and the Vortech FMU and an S-afc....lol
Old Feb 18, 2004, 11:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by pickleknock
and the 4g64 injectors work, just a direct swap then?
The 4g64 has the same stock injectors, so it argues to reason that it has the same aftermarket ones as well.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh sweet, i didn't know they were the same, where can u get aftermarket injectors fro the 4g64??
Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

The main difference between a "regular" FPR and the ortech FMU is that the FMU is a rising rate FPR, meaning that for each pound of positive pressure the unit sees, it increases the fuel pressure by whatever the calibration you have (i.e. 2:1, 4:1, 20:1 etc)... basically it makes your injectors act like bigger injectors. However, at high boost levels, you would be pushing the stockers past their useful limits and stressing them out too much. I personally do not like this route. Alternately, most other FPRS just have a 1:1 ratio.

Essentially a Vortech FMU and stock injectors theoretically does the job of a regular FPR and bigger injectors. Theoretcially. Of course you have to take into account boost level, and max. injector duty cycle and all that goodness. I would just get bigger injectors and call it a day.