Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Kamikaze header

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2004, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya you can get it there for like 260 shipped to you, or u can look on these forums for a used one for cheaper. your call.

Just a heads up - i might be selling mine soon b/c i will need the RRM header when i go turbo.
Old Apr 19, 2004, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think I vaguely remember RRM saying it didn't matter and you didn't need the DP. But I have a real hard time believing that. Seems completely idiotic as well to run a nice larger bore header and run a nice catback exhaust but leave a bottlenecked pipe in between the header and that exhaust. Makes 0 sense. I'd be real curious to see what kind of dynoing they did and what configurations etc that would lead them to say what they had. I personally can't see that being all that possible. But I guess you never know.

Later.

Steve
Old Apr 19, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

i am buying mine for 150 sorry IILANCERII02... already in an agreement too
Old Apr 21, 2004, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

haha im not selling mine for 260$ used - and not selling yet - but thanks for thinking of me

** ps. if u buy one used for 260$ u should be taken away by men in white suits lol **

and 150$ is an awesome price for that bad boy, i believe i paid 170$ a few months ago for mine used, shipped
Old Apr 21, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Im know for a fact that rrm made a few dp and they didnt do **** so they quit making them, so they at leats gave it a shot. And if you really wanted a dp bushur would be glad to take your money for a dp but it cost $250!!! Waist of money for something that has been dynoed and proved little to no gains. So for you guys not sure what headers to get dont look at the dp for your reason to get one or the other. And rrm has upgraded their headers quality. But the kam is still cheaper so it is a split decision.

Peace!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Ok! so, what's the solution to get rid of CEL? Just in case I might buy a header.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kitus66
Ok! so, what's the solution to get rid of CEL? Just in case I might buy a header.
The solution is somewhere in there. I'm just too lazy to read through the whole thing. Don't read the first page, cause you won't find the answer on it(I did read that one)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=cel+fix
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by blaze_125

The solution is somewhere in there. I'm just too lazy to read through the whole thing. Don't read the first page, cause you won't find the answer on it(I did read that one)

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=cel+fix
There isn't any proven solution for Lancer's in there.. the only "solution" listed was one guy was succesful on an Eclipse... Not on a Lancer... I tried the same resistance as he listed, but was not successful.. but I did used a single resistor etc etc... just read the thread.

As far as the DP... I have issue with any statement saying there is no gain based purely off whatever RRM did. It could have been a flaw in their header, it could have been poor dynoing or any number of factors. You can't tell me that there is not a flow restriction existing from that pipe. Addtionally from my mechanical engineering studies/background I can guarantee you that squashing a pipe is not only intuitively bad, it's terrible for your flow characteristics.

So for once people need to stop taking RRM as the bible on performance parts for our cars and actually check around and look at the theory. Yes it's possible that they didn't see a gain or saw a rather small gain when they put a DP with their header, but we don't know what the DP was like, and it could simply be a flaw in their header as well that it did not benefit.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

bigjoshracing.com sells a cel fixer for 15 buck if you do the splicing right it should work for you.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Most people that I know that tried the fix from what I remember did not have any luck. I also built the exact same circuitry and it did not work.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to fix it... the most likely/best solution that is used by others is often to simply plug up the stock O2 bung (have it welded shut) and then put a new one in after the big main cat under the car. Then the O2's "see" a cat in between them and everything works out and you shouldn't get a MIL... no one has tried that on these board yet though as far as I know... and I'm selling my Lancer so no go for me to give it a run (I already sold my header anyway. )
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

how do u extend the o2 wires sdhottown?
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

just get some wire that is rated for 100C or better and just go under neath.. .cut the wires.. and solder in an extra foot of wire. No biggee... pretty simple . the O2 sensor can be removed from the car if you want as well... the clip is inside the car in the passenger foot well where the little side piece pops off the longer center console plastic. It's under the carpet right there. Easy to get at. But there is enough room etc under the car to do the soldering there. Just add in about a foot of extra wire... put a sheath on it if you can get some (fiberglass loom or even heat shrink) and you'll be in great shape.

Later.

Steve
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear you like the header. I got a RRM header and buschur DP. I ran the RRM header for about 2 weeks on stock DP, then got my buschur DP. Believe me, there IS a difference there. Just cause RRM says DP doesn't make a difference on the lancer doesn't mean its true.. it could be how they designed it. I DO feel a difference with buschur DP vs. stock DP. I did notice that after I put on the buschur DP while running a straight pipe and catback, not only was my car HELLA loud, but I had low end loss. I put the 2nd cat back in and the car sounds EXCELLT and there is NO low end loss. Actually, with RRM header, buschur 2.5" DP, stock 2nd cat and buschur 2.5" catback, the car is TOO QUIET!

RRM header causes a CEL in 100% of the cases. Mine comes on about 50 miles after resetting the ecu.

sdhotwn - I sure hope you stick around after you get your new car. You have some great comments and excellent technical knowledge.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Last weekend, I went to Vero Beach to help a lancer owner to tune his mods w/ Kam header. This was the first time that I had taken a good gander at the header design.

I noticed the diameter size of the piping was smaller than my past OBX for the G93. The kam header was bigger than the stock G93 header no more than 15% while the OBX was approx 25% bigger than stock. Can the header runner distort its size? I don't think so since I have seen 2 RPW headers personally and know its size proportion. Of course, the Kam header had a bigger DP than the OBX . . . don't know how much bigger since I didn't drop myself to the ground.

Quick Reply: Kamikaze header