Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Please help me convince my parents to let me buy a turbo kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can compete in SCCA autox events, if that all you want... just slap on some r compounds on some stock wheels and go to town lancer does pretty well in stock class with real race tires on it (at least around here)
Old Oct 31, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

first off....if you gotta beg daddy to use your own money....chances are..he's doin the right thing by not letting you use it....trust me...when i was 16-17 i used some money in my bank for dj equipment (2000 bucks)....i used the set for 3 months and now im trying to sell it...lesson being...save ya money....like someone mentioned before....keep ya car the way it is...pay for college....and take some fly shorties out on dates and get some booty. <--now thas money well spent...
Old Oct 31, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nextgenerationx
yea, listen to everyone here on this thread. they are all right, they know from experience. you should just save that money and buy a new car or used car. i would recommend the eclipse gsx, awd and turbo. everything there for you after that its all up too you on what you want to do.. and the lancer is not yours of you said its your fathers, but if you put like 2k you can make your car look real nice . i'm not going to say anything about your age cause i'm 17 as well and i have RIPP sds kit in my lancer. but save your money and buy something stronger later on.. its all worth the waait
if you do then get a 1g!
Old Oct 31, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

this phrase always works, " better gas milage!! "
Old Oct 31, 2004, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Why do you need us to convince your dad? A good chance that he doesn't get any hoot about us or our opinion on things.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 08:12 PM

ha ha ha. true story
Old Nov 1, 2004, 03:09 AM

Anyway i could convince your dad to buy me a turbo? Hey, can't say i didn't try I think you should make your own money, and then you can spend it as you please..
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

a turbo is a lot of work, i thot of selling mine like numerous times, and in the end, i still need some cash, but o well, i'll survive. trust me, make shure u can even take care of a turbo first, its expensive.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Save your money for something worthwhile, like chicks and beer.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

convince your dad it will make you go faster and you'll acquire more tickets thus making your insurance sky high!!!!
Old Nov 1, 2004, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

by something with a v6...shoot dude...buy a ecplise or something...they made me early 90s with AWD.....or maybe a 3000GT, or even an older like 328i or something.....dont turbo your car tho..........pgmike s right.....you willl jsut sit and roast your tires when the light goes green and still get killed by somehting thats tock.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 09:47 PM
Account Disabled

Get a car that comes from the factory with some *****.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

save your money, open a e-trade acount, get in on a upcoming ipo double your money then ask
Old Nov 2, 2004, 02:32 PM

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have decided not to buy the turbo and to wait until I buy a car after college that comes with a lot of horsepower. I'll probably just buy a few other, less expensive, upgrades and maybe a body kit. Thanks again.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
no offense, but you're 17, no turbo, especially in a FWD vehicle, loads of power and you don't have a lot of driving experience yet. I'm 21 and I wouldn't trust myself in a turboed FWD car, and I drive pretty damn well (ask Sentinal and Evolved04). It's just a ton of power and not enough grip.
I would have to agree with TwardOZ.. I have seen him drive and I have feel the same way, I am 20 and I wouldnt trust my self driving a Front wheel drive turbo lancer.. Would kill my self before I got any good use out of it.. Its better to look nice then to look bad because you cant drive your car... Cosmetics first.

Quick Reply: Please help me convince my parents to let me buy a turbo kit!!!