Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

my lancer is demolished..... i should be dead

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...so what are you going to do now!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:15 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

^ nothing i can do but wait. i'll have to wait till the insurance company contacts me and lets me know whats going on.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

whoa, i think god would have made every one of those cars hit me....good thing your ok and your girlfriend, thats a loss on the car though, hope everything works out for ya
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

count your lucky stars, i had a stop sign almost rip my head off by 2 inches, so be lucky you and your girl are alive and well
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:36 PM

Glad you're OK. That happened about 15 mins from where I live. The snow was pretty bad that day but it could be worse. We're on the outskirts of the snowbelt and the further north you go it gets worse. I noticed a lancer on the news coverage of the accident, must have been yours.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by qtlancer
if you still want to go with a lancer u can have mine..
dude looks like you may have a car lined up manny!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

whoa I'm really happy to hear you and your girlfriend are alright. That is crazy. That's like some James Bond sh*t boy! Someone was lookin' after you guys.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

thats definitely Final Destination!! I'm very very glad that you and your girl are okay. I heard that you could hear car after car smashing each other from a mile away.. this truely sucks. Nature is a B*tch she's only halfway nice to you on sunny days. god bless you man.... what ever car you get (hopefully a lancer) comeback strong with the modding!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

damn that sounds like a crazy nightmare someone would have did you see it happen before it happened cause that sounds exactly like final destanation 2 the highway scene i think you guys skipped deaths plan
Old Dec 22, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

.L.

That was one crazy story! I'm glad to hear you and your girl are ok!!

Cars can be replaced, people can't. Don't sweat the car, it will work out in the end.

If you end up getting another Lancer or a Subaru, let me know. I'll help you out with parts.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old Dec 22, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

You should feel proud man. I'm sure you're not looking at it this way, but it sounds as if your actions saved your girlfriends life in addition to your own. You'll probably replay those couple of seconds a million times over in your head, and luckily you get to look at all the things you did right. It sounds like it so easily could have gone differently if you handn't kept your wits about you.

Amazing story with a happy ending. I'm amazed no one was killed. Sometimes things just work out. Despite a bunch of destroyed cars, the glass is definitely half full in this situation. Glad you're safe.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:55 AM
.L.
Evolved Member

hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out. does anyone know what happens as far as insurance goes? i'm wondering how everythings going to work out. my car is completely demolished, so i'm wondering what happens next. i've only had the car for 16 months (purchased new with the 60 month payment plan). i havent been able to ask my agent because i guess he's busy investigating what happend. any info?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

well you will prolly be recieving a payment for the car. since they have no idea what was done to the car ( since it is beat up badly ). They will call the truckers insurance and then you will get some money for your car, idk how much or what....
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Please say that you got gap coverage....

If you didn't, they might not give you enough to pay off your car. Ask Fiesty about that. She usually hangs out in OT.

I think you can have either your insurance or the person at fault's insurance pay for a rental car until this gets sorted out. I would get a hold of the police and ask for the responsible party's insurance company's name and policy number. Call them and see whats up.

Also (heartbreaking, but might be worth it) ask them for your car back. They should pay to have it towed back to your place. There must be parts on there that you can sell. I know it looks pretty bad, but if there is stuff to salvage, it could definately help you financially.

If you can't part it out yourself for emotional reasons, I'm sure your friends would help you (I know I would if I was closer).

This was in the press enough that you could probably get people to send donations if you get hosed by the insurance company. That might be worth looking into as well. Just set up a meeting with the press and set up a Paypal account for donations.

If there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to ask.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

i just got off the phone with Manny and boy is it good to hear his voice after reading what happened. Really, all of us here are glad that you are untouched, unlike your poor Lancer (rest in peace..) and all of us at MLC is here to support you Just keep thinking positive man, and appreciate life. That's all I can say to you right now.

Quick Reply: my lancer is demolished..... i should be dead