Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: How was your Experience with Accolade?
1 - Horrible, Service Was Worse Than My Kit
29.63%
2 - Bad, But ill live with the destruction
14.81%
3 - Neutral, I dont wanna comment
22.22%
4 - Pretty good, came out of it happy
11.11%
5 - Great, Love Them And Their Service
22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

The truth about Accolade...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truth about Accolade...

Ok, first things first. I truely like accolade for their good concepts and the way they stay towards the lancer.(as im going to still purchase from them) But in reality your not getting much from what you pay. They say that it takes thousands n thousands of dollars to make a mold for our car. no not true. concidering that most of the kits resemble all the other kits. Also they say they make quality kits with great fitment. Also not true reasons why...

1. Quality kits shouldnt be made from pfrp and not have gel coating. for people who live in a city by themselves maybe n have beautiful sunshine everyday. i have seen that the gelcoating falls off and the pfrp also cracks with no flex at all.

2. Fitment is another issue i got their kenstyle front n sides n apex short rear and the fitting was rough. i had no problem tho because i do collision repair n taken school for it for 5 yrs. Also when i spoke to dimantha a while ago with the rear bumper fitment being so bad he asked me 21 questions and did nothing about it said it wasnt his problem.

Ok now for the moment of glory...whats with the customer service. I try to order products from you and you dont email me back for a week or 2 and sometimes i dont get a respond. dont say its emails n spam filters because i know. The true EvoM Members on here who do sell their products give you a straight foward product and ship it out to you with tracking # and all. You recieve the product from them and its mint condition better than you would hope for. With Accolade you got your bumper broken n u guys use PFRP which sux so u gotta take off the gelcoating that paint doesnt rly love and use fiberglass mat n resin n filler then primer to make up for the work when u guys dont wanna take responcibility for n give us a new one.
Now that i got your attention accolade...HOW MUCH FOR THE EXTREME FENDERS SHIPPED TO 01453 THANK YOU!

Anyone with anything to add please do so. i know theres lots of people who got jipped and people who came out satisfied. Oh and yea accolade im one of those people on here who wont keep cryin about it. i took the damaged kit n fixed it. costed me more money but o well. i see how u pick favorates and give some people gifts to make up for it. well u should be helpin everybody out that got a kit damaged cuz they also work hard to get money to spend it on a kit from u .. doubt youd like it if u sent me a kit n said hey its messed up im not payin u its not my problem....my 2 centss(anger is out.)
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad i quit working at accolade... I knew eventually the truth would come out
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

yea, zooracer never recieved his free kit Dimanthia said he will recieve... i personally don't like accolades kit and the way they deal with service
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

im happy with the FB and SS that i got from them...RB im whatever about...its wavy...and it shows in certain light....pfrp is the only way the can make it without drving the costs of the products up our a sses...i really want to buy the true kenstyle so i dont have to deal with craking and chipping as easily...what ever....all dvae is going to is say "look at my trader rating, it speaks for itself..yadayadayada"
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Ahhhhh Dont Get Me Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

you cant really complain about a free kit... it was free so its not like they owe you anything
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

seriously how many more bad stories are we gonna hear
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:38 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
you cant really complain about a free kit... it was free so its not like they owe you anything
Well it's business ethics... if a business promises you something then they should deliver. Imagine if tein said they will send you a free SS coilover kit and it ends up that they never do (they dont even email u to give a justification as to why they didn, they just leave u hanging).
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

there is a reason why i got a free kit

i bought one of there first evo 7 hood...like 2 yrs ago...8 months later...i get it...the molding was horrible...and dat **** cracked like 2 weeks later
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

wow that is crazy
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know why this has to start again. But as a member of the forums I recieved my free kit, no damage to boxes, no cracks, no waves. 1 chip in the corner of the hood, easily fixed with a filler. As for the customer service david is working on that. And the kits really have come a long way. Shipping is getting better, with new boxes, new wrapping and new shipping method. Just Remember you are e-mailing some one 1/2 way across the world, who recieves many e-mails a day. so yours maynot always be first to be awnsered. I am not speaking as a vendor, as i have no vendor status. I am awnsering as a member of evom.net and i personally would like to say, The kit I recieved, is sturdy and intact.

btw, Shipping is a flat rate.

Last edited by TeamAccolade; Jan 24, 2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

I can vouge for what he said^^^.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

even i was promised for a new kit too but i never received anything back from dave.....I even had a business talk with because I owned a shop and i ended up paying 800 for advertising their kits assuming that the kits they promised to ship would come but never came.....theyre nice ppl but when problems arise or when promises are made...they just never came up
Old Jan 24, 2005, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

i will say this...there kits def. did come a long way.... <~~~~ wow a positive coment to accolade...

but i am still waiting for my problems to be fixed
Old Jan 24, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

many dont like accolade, many do...i dont have a say at the moment on that because i havnt recieved my body kit yet, but it has been takin a while. one thing i can say is that whether i like em or dont...they are the only company out there making actual "good" looking body kits for our lancers, and supplying us with a variety of options. may not be best quality but i can appreciate them focusing on mitsubishi and definitly having the best looking body kits out there.

Quick Reply: The truth about Accolade...