Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

do i rev or give thumbs up wen i see a felow lancer??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Danno
I give a 2 finger wave to Lancers. I hardly get a wave back though....
same here. i had someone try to race me the other day...which i think is silly.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have my windows tinted dark so people can't see me.. lol. But if I do have the windows down I usually give the old thumbs up.. but now that my header is installed I can rev b/c it can actually be heard now.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

i usually try to race themm....lol.. the i realize i have a stock alncer auto and i start to cry...
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

^ i wave at pete
Old Mar 28, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

much love

Originally Posted by modelchris
yeah man, revving up like a maniac causes negative attention - if the lancer is stock, i dont do anything, but if it's like a work in progress or an evo, i'll nod, or thumbs up! the evo owners intimidate me. they have the REAL lancer and we have the fake.
I got love for all lancers/evos, we're all family in my book...I say peace, two fingers.
there are plenty of other cars to rev on if you feel like it.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I saw a someone today in a lowered Lancer with 17" rims, darting through busy mid-day traffic just to pull over into a Lowes parking lot with an Acura Integra beind him. (if you are that fool and happen to be reading this I was the TG Lancer with tinted windows and you need to learn to dive your car buddy) What's worse is that it was raining out and he would skid a bit when he accelerated at every stop light, like he was trying to race a non existant competitor. What a moron.

^ he, and those like him, are the reason I don't wave to other Lancer owners... he might think I was trying to race him. And I'm totally against racing on the streets.

I'll talk to a person about cars in a parking lot or at a meet but on the streets I'm busy tring to concentrate on where I am going and driving.

Fox

PS- when I used to drive a Jeep Wrangler you'd wave to other Wrangler drivers. That was cool cause you never had one of them trying to race your *** to a stop light.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

i just give a heads up to lancers that are modified. sometimes ill stop next to them(if possible) and tell them whats up and conversate alil.

I have a thing against "racing" or revving fellow Mitsu owners cuz i feel like theyre family. call me crazy.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 06:03 PM
Account Disabled

i always give the recognition to other mitsu owners especially mirage lancer and evos....

i think most lancer owners are chill thoug, not like str4 owners...
Old Mar 28, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

i ususally don't even pay attention to someone else in a lancer unless i know them. Don't see the need to wave or anything.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pgmike
if another lancer owner waved at me i would just think they were some loser that found their self-worth and identity in the machine they use to get around.

So if someone with a evolutionm.net sticker on his lancer sees u in gainsville and waves because he recognizes your turbo red lancer from the site, you would just ignore him or would you talk to him? They all just stare w/ a huge smile when they see my car they all want to race.

Last edited by Melaz425; Mar 28, 2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pgmike
i dont wave, rev, nod, or give a thumbs up. i dont acknowledge them bc i dont know them. there isnt some special bond bc we have a similar car.
+1

I don't get these so called camaraderie on the streets. When I had my LS coupe, people would flash their highbeam (day time) in the oppose traffic going from Tampa to West Palm. I would get all paranoid thinking highway patrol hiding out or running over and dragging some sort of animal being stuck to the chassis or running on flat tires.

The strangest: I was going home from work during rush hour traffic (evening). This body kitted 95-96 prelude (unknown mods) got behind me and flashed the high beam a lot at me. I didn't know what was up w/ the person. Then he slowed down giving me 3 car length - 5 car lengths to beyond 10 car lengths. Funny thing, no one wanted to go around the prelude slowing traffic behind me. Were they afraid of him trying to race them if they tried to pass?
Old Mar 29, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

honk my horn and wave
Old Mar 29, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

When i see a lancer on the highway and I race to catch up to see if they have any mods, etc, it's usually an old fat lady or an old school geek. I hardly ever see any modded lancers. If and when I do, I nod and keep it movin'.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Melaz425
So if someone with a evolutionm.net sticker on his lancer sees u in gainsville and waves because he recognizes your turbo red lancer from the site, you would just ignore him or would you talk to him? They all just stare w/ a huge smile when they see my car they all want to race.
nah i wouldnt ignore somebody that wanted to talk, i have hung out with purecoda a few times after all.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

pnly modded ones get my attention... ic ould just see pgmike pulling up next to a lancer with a park bench on it and laughing at themm ROFL mike ur a funni guy.