Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

The Mitsubishi Lancer - or the next-generation Neon

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares... neons suck, srts are fine but look at our big brother... evo.vs srt we win.... lancer base versus whatever neon.... well i guess thats up to interpretation... i like a car with some handling and some pep... torque.... and a nice look... none of which are qualitys neons possess.... and we now have 2 engine types, with the ralliart. then theirs always an evo... i dunno where this convo is goin so im just adding some random bs to the pile..
Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by akasirlancerlot
who cares... neons suck, srts are fine but look at our big brother... evo.vs srt we win.... lancer base versus whatever neon.... well i guess thats up to interpretation... i like a car with some handling and some pep... torque.... and a nice look... none of which are qualitys neons possess.... and we now have 2 engine types, with the ralliart. then theirs always an evo... i dunno where this convo is goin so im just adding some random bs to the pile..

Thanks. I'm not even going to bother though. Use facts to support your arguments, like how the Evolution is only 7-10k more then a SRT-4 or how the Ralliart which is price the same as a SRT-4 is short 50 some horse power. Does the Ralliart have a LSD?

I'm done.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:45 AM

Good Thing

Chrysler and Dodge have already spent alot of time and money on the merging of the new Dodge compact and the Lancer. It will not be badged as a neon, the neon will be gone, Allpar.com is going with Rebel as the old Nash's Ramblers and some AMC small cars. I doubt seriously if Chrysler is trying to dump Mitsu with all the research and developement going on. Especially since Mitsu will be supplying the engines.
The Evo guys and the SRT guys are in development with each other to create Dodge's two door and the EVO 4 door. Why ask SRT to help with the EVO? Look at the new Charger SRT8(400hp), Magnum, Neon SRT4(250hp), RamSRT10(500hp), Viper, and the Grand Cherokee SRT 8 (415hp). Not to mention the award winning 300C Hemi. Dodge SRT guys know what's up and the SRT4 has done great things in just the short time it's been out, especially in Rallys. Where's the EVO in the Rallys???? Lagging in the back.
I think interesting things will be happening here. Plus if they share motors......more aftermarket for us.
I say it's a good thing.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jozilla69
I doubt seriously if Chrysler is trying to dump Mitsu with all the research and developement going on.
Daimler already stopped giving mitsu money months ago. The parent company has bailed them out recently. Check it out http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8059
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by airlinevomitbag
Daimler already stopped giving mitsu money months ago. The parent company has bailed them out recently. Check it out http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=8059
IIRC I've also heard that DC has put Mitsubishi's stock the hold up for sale as well. Maybe GM will buy them.

Also I'm pretty sure Dodge was working on this engine with Hyundai as well, it was a combination of the three companies efforts with Hyundai leading the charge. I've heard it will incoroporate a large percentage of plastic as well and be good for 300k miles just like most engines today are good for 100k.

I surely hope they don't call it a "Rebel" though.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Garand

Please use factual information to support your arguments. Cause I just saw a R/T go for like $39 billion dollars!

i guess you drive a neon or did previously... and everything i said was factual... just b/c edmunds lists the resale value of the sxt for 10k doesnt mean the r/ts around here dont go for the same price. If you want i can give you links to the ones for sale... but im just gonna stop now back on topic.

srt should never be asked to help with the next evo... yes they are making some nice numbers... but when i have a vid of a hyundai (4g63 swap) beating a ram srt10 on the highway, i would have to say mitsu is doing just fine on their own.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jozilla69
the SRT4 has done great things in just the short time it's been out, especially in Rallys. Where's the EVO in the Rallys???? Lagging in the back.
LMAO! hahahha ur kidding right? evo lagging in the rallys? do you have factual evidence to prove that, because i sure don't believe it.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Evo + Chrysler = Sebring Evolution IX
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adotwhite
LMAO! hahahha ur kidding right? evo lagging in the rallys? do you have factual evidence to prove that, because i sure don't believe it.
actually in wrc they did... but in the lower levels of wrc and in the scca they were doin good.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by adotwhite
They said it themselves. In a recent interview they claimed that they prolly won't be back on the podium intill the 2nd half of the next season at the earliest. WRC season, that is. The car they use for that is still, how do you say, working out quite a few bugs? There have been picks of it on the forum.

Last edited by jozilla69; Apr 12, 2005 at 04:48 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

at least my interior in the oz resembles an evo...

while neon's interior was done by rubbermaid
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Not all engines are created equal. The 130hp base SOHC Neon engine has a lot of "slap" but is sturdy and decent on gas. When mated to the old bullet-proof 3spd auto (up till 02) it gets about 24mpg. The nicer Neon engine is the R/T with the Magnum head. 150hp and it sounds great with a nice cat-back. Neons also has an excellent update for 2003, which put in a much nicer interior witha 3-spoke wheel.

I don't think anyone in the modern times so be suffer to drive any 3 spd auto tranny.

Hemi-designed 4g63T = Evo owners got to be killing themselves w/ cyanide, a little redneck, NASCAR (stereotpying) engineering and some pulses of Neon in the family tree.

Last edited by bahamut; Apr 13, 2005 at 07:33 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:21 PM

IIRC I've also heard that DC has put Mitsubishi's stock the hold up for sale as well. Maybe GM will buy them.

Also I'm pretty sure Dodge was working on this engine with Hyundai as well, it was a combination of the three companies efforts with Hyundai leading the charge. I've heard it will incoroporate a large percentage of plastic as well and be good for 300k miles just like most engines today are good for 100k.

I surely hope they don't call it a "Rebel" though.
Dodge/Chrysler, Hyandai (sp?) and Mitsu are all working together to build a world motor. Meaning the motor will be used in all three manufacturers cars with different flavors (turbos and such). From what I hear with the techniques and equipment being used you might see 200k miles before your first major checkup.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Centrylancer
at least my interior in the oz resembles an evo...

while neon's interior was done by rubbermaid
hahaha....hahahaha...hahahaha....My side....hahaha. Sad part is your the joke....hahahahaha
Old Apr 13, 2005, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

gay?