Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

need ideas for new mods

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by engineerboy
Don't lie- you know if you're intrested in a turbo, you're interested in performance and we all know there's no end in sight once you start modding
How true, I was just saying that the best mod to do I think in the early stages (if you want a beast) is that turbo.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Don't forget some people simply don't want to turbo their cars. With a turbo you introduce a host of new potential problems, you have to run a different oil, you have to worry about blowing the motor, temperature becomes a problem, etc.. For some people its simply not practical, for me personally I simply could not rationalize spending 6000$+ all at once on my car, I'd rather put that money towards something better like a ralliart, SRT-4, WRX, etc.. Plus living in Canada makes things interesting, good tuner shops are hard to find and I've heard of people having problems in cold weather with an aftermarket turbo.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More power? You can go faster without making more power.. weight reduction!!! But I don't know if you care about taking people places, or have a family, etc. Strip the interior, put in a racing seat for just the drivers side (passenger if you need a navigator). If you don't want to go that route, I'd just wait and save up for a turbo. You already have a good amount of mods to support it. I'm saving up my money right now.. well after I buy my RRM Stage 2 clutch.

edit: I know you said you don't have enough money.. or didn't want one. But adding onto just a N/A engine takes ALOT of money just to squeeze a LITTLE bit of horsepower out of it.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
But adding onto just a N/A engine takes ALOT of money just to squeeze a LITTLE bit of horsepower out of it.
That was my point
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsfour
Oh btw how are thoes ground crontrol coilovers?
they are what they are...just coil overs without dampers...i'd compare them to the skunk2 coils...they ride much nicer though...easy to adjust ride height......back to what engineerboy was saying...i had researched a lot about the cam and that was the exact reason i chose not to do that set up, to much money, time, and a hassel to get the whole deal up and running properly...maybe further down the line i will look into that once the turbo is assessed.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If you ever plan on going turbo, just start saving now. To tide you over- fuzzy dice and a pine tree air freshener.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jun 13, 2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

another thing i was unable to find on the forums when i searched was: just how much boost can you safely get out of the RRM stage 1 or stage 2 turbo before you need to upgrade to forged internals? i thought i saw somewhere that it was possible to get up to around 9-10psi on stock internals but it is very possible i am wrong...if i decided to change the TB and IM would it be better for me to just wait and get both parts at once and install them together? (i was kind of hoping to do bored fuel rail, fpr, IM, and TB all at once). then is that was enough to support the turbo start saving up for the stage 2...good idea or bad idea? i would really like to get the most supporting mods as i can in the car before i headed in the direction of forced induction...i also wanted to say thanks for all of the input each one of you has given, i really appreciate it.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

does anybody know what the max boost you can get on stock internals without grenading something? i also read that it is possible to fit a 4g63 IM in the G94...is this really possible?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4G93 IM fits.. and careful about running to much boost.. I think the internals give way on the non-ic kit at 9psi.. not sure about the IC kit.. it might be a little higher.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the boost info...i was looking into stage II turbo w/IC...i know the g93 fits and you need to port match it...the g63 IM is a lot more aesthetically pleasing though and i would imagine if it did fit you would see larger gains with it.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HobieKopek
If you ever plan on going turbo, just start saving now. To tide you over- fuzzy dice and a pine tree air freshener.
Hobie we all know that this never holds true. He can buy and fuel rail and install it all in one day and in a couple days want a bigger one! Or at least that is how it is over here.

Also, there have been numerous people on the forum that have used the G63 IM in the cars. I was planning on buying kareems but someone got to it before I had the money. I'm pretty sure if you ask around someone in the forum will even have it ported out for you.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

do you think that the g63 IM would be worth the extra time and possibly price to get it set up for the g94?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

...by that i meant, i am will to spend the money but will the gains compared to the RRM IM be noticable or should i be seeing the same results?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

i forgot this in the last post...if anybody has used a g63 IM on their lancer can you please PM me..i had a few questions about how you managed to make it all work, fit with an aftermarket intake, where/how did you relocate the vacuum lines, etc... i would really appreciate it...thanks again guys.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you try a search?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ntake+manifold

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ntake+manifold

Quick Reply: need ideas for new mods