Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.
View Poll Results: Sell show mods and go F/I
Do it man, You wont regret it.
57.89%
your car looks find the way it is. Don't ruin it.
42.11%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Ditch it all for Go?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditch it all for Go?

Im in a bind here guys... Im really contemplating selling all my "show mods" and just getting a F/I kit...or should I just leave the car the way it is? The most i can get for all my mods including body kit ( painted new) evo 8 oem wing, rims, tires, cf hood, intake, grill is about 2grand. That means id have to save about another 2gs to get some speed. Is it worth it? Im not sure and I need some help.

Last edited by Melaz425; Jun 21, 2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

That's really a question you have to answer for yourself man. There's plenty of info on the boards about Turboed/Supercharged Lancers that you should already have a good indication of where you want to go with your car.

Fox
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

That would be a tough one for me. Sounds like your getting a speed itch. It looks like youve spent alot of $ on show. I would say yes... get the turbo. You're car would look better with the turbo than all the show stuff made for our car.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

I know, but its real hard because i think once everything is said and done, im gonna miss all my bling. Im so ****ing slow though and I feel like im not using this car to its full potential. Id be loosing alot of money doing this but Will it be worth it? I think it is but when I read PGmike's posts on saying how it wasnt worth spending all his money on a turbo because of the hastle it caused him and that his lancer wasnt as fast as he thought, really puts a damper on things.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

You don't have to sell everything. You can just start saving for the FI and then when you have the money decide whether or not you really want it.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I hear you on the turbo and trouble. Acctually I change my vote. If your going to loose money dont do it. Start buiulding up n/a. I am saving my bling for last. I say make your car look as fast as it looks. But since you did your bling, start with boltons and if your good mechanicaly your going to save yourself a bunch.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

nah man...when you start on the Lancer and the budget in mind you have to say to yourself, should I go for show or should i go for go. Obviously you've went for show first. Do not sell all your mods just for the turbo. The turbo serves as both go and show. By getting the turbo not only will you gain crazy speed but you'll gain show points as well. What would you rather have a stock oz w/ turbo, or a really hot looking lancer w/ turbo? Remember Qtlancer's ride...exactly... a beautiful car with the speed to back it up.

on the note with PGmike...he didn't have Stage II, he didn't even have stage I....he had a non-intercooled set up. Look at Hotshot and imapunkclaimer...they got their stage II and they're loving every minute of it.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the advice so far guys. The thing is, I don't have the money to go show and go. I have to choose. and I think its the worst feeling in the world when you have a HOT looking car but NYC taxi or mini van can keep up with you.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

How about sell some show for some go. Even it out a bit. Definitly keep your bodykit and rims. The rest sell for some go.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pick_a_Fro
nah man...when you start on the Lancer and the budget in mind you have to say to yourself, should I go for show or should i go for go. Obviously you've went for show first. Do not sell all your mods just for the turbo. The turbo serves as both go and show. By getting the turbo not only will you gain crazy speed but you'll gain show points as well. What would you rather have a stock oz w/ turbo, or a really hot looking lancer w/ turbo? Remember Qtlancer's ride...exactly... a beautiful car with the speed to back it up.

on the note with PGmike...he didn't have Stage II, he didn't even have stage I....he had a non-intercooled set up. Look at Hotshot and imapunkclaimer...they got their stage II and they're loving every minute of it.
I'd rather be stock with turbo...

I say go for it, sell the show crap and go turbo.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

well you've already put all the time and money into the show so why waste what you've done so far and start all over? I would keep the show mods and just save for the turbo or like somebody else said start with just some bolt-ons and work up to turbo. I definitely would not just trash all the progress you've made and start back at square one.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, now that I look at your car, I'd just get rid of the hood and wing.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I say keep everything you have. Start saving for the turbo from scratch. The time it takes you to save all the money needed should give you adequate time to decide whether or not you really want it.

I think if you decide to sell all of your current mods and buy a turbo, you will soon want your old mods back, and end up rebuying things you already had (rims, hood, etc).

Don't worry if there are faster cars on the road than yours. That will most likely always be the case! Even if you throw on a turbo, faster cars will still pass you by.

Just be happy with your car and remember the time and money you spent on it.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I like to think of it this way, my neighbor is really into ferraris. He's so into them, that he built one out of a fiero. Sure the car isn't as fast as a real ferrari, but it looks ****in' amazing! It's the best conversion I've ever seen.

All show and no go isn't necessarily a bad thing.

... this might not be a good example because he still rapes me in a 1/4 mile. Ha!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Keep your show mods, just start buying more go stuff. That is what I am doing now.

Quick Reply: Ditch it all for Go?