Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Buy specs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy specs

Okay so im about to get some new stuff for my car and i need some help on finding some stuff. 1st off im getting some Denso Spark plugs for my 02 0z lancer and i searched their site for new spark plug wires but havent found any so i need help for that. Next i am getting the K&N air typhoon SRI, i have heard that the AEM is better from a local aftermarket shop near by but im still getting the K&N for help on this one i found the 1 i want (its red) but it cost like freaking $255 was wondering if there was another place you guys know of that is cheaper that sells the red tyhpoon. Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, where in VA do you live? Anyway, the spark plugs you can get from anywhere that's easy, just make sure you get the right gap.

For the air intake try RRM they make a SRI for our cars that sells for 149? I'm not sure... or you can go with an ebay intake, and swap out a K&N for the cheapo one they give you... those are some options.

Fox
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

you can get the sparks plugs from pretty much any place that sells car parts. for the ignition wires, you might as well just get the 8.5mm magnacor wires heres a link to the cheapest that i know of: http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...delDesc=Lancer . as for the k&n sri, everywhere i have seen them advertised they are about that price, you might as well get a cai for the same price (aem is a little cheaper).
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Denso is way too expensive get the NGK iridium. I dont care what spark plus you have there not going to make you go faster or burn better that is until you go turbo. Wires are not necessary until you go turbo but look better. Any intake will work as long as the mas will fit, the filter is what you want to be good.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:04 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree on the spark plugs. Also, everybody I know that got the Denso ones had them burn out in less than 15k. I'm at 25k and my NGK Iridiums are doing great.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 05:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I've smoked 3 sets of NGK iridiums myself. Copper is great.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

K&N SRI for $165 shipped right here ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-T...89244767QQrdZ1 ).
Old Jul 30, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the respones guys. O and shingen i live in manassas. Still wondering on the spark plug wires though i think im gonna get me some NGKs they look nicer lol.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The only reasons to change spark plug wires are 1. your stock wires are failing or 2. you have extra money and think the colors are pretty.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Personally, I would stay away from the short ram intakes. They add almost no power...I would do custom plastic tubing (dissipates heat faster) and run it down behind the front fender for cold air. Make sure to put a bypass valve before the MAF otherwise you will run the risk of sucking water into your engine and seriously mess something up. Good luck...
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If you seriously think a CAI gives you significantly more power, you should step on a dyno.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

well the reason im getting the spark wires is for reason #2 i have some extra cash and i think they look purty lol. but i really dont wanna deal with a CAI i have a auto tranny to much custom work.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I have them too, and I'm not gonna lie...that's why I bought them too. No shame in it, just no real gains in it either. And honestly, you'll have about the same gains with a SRI as a CAI, so don't fool yourself into feeling like you're being cheated either. I've said it at least a few times, and I'll say it again. The biggest difference between the two is the sound.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

If you seriously think a CAI gives you significantly more power, you should step on a dyno.
FYI...I HAVE. I go to a school with a Dyno Jet. I am not saying they make significantly more power ALONE...you have to add a throttle body and port-matched intake manifold, a FULL exhaust system and a new cam to experience that much more power. I had to work with a 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T and with all of this done...we had 30LB./FT. more torque and 35 more HP. My Street Legal performance teacher used to work for SVT in Florida and told our class the exact same thing...

Last edited by utiheadbanger; Jul 30, 2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It is not the same on a 2.0l Lancer.

Quick Reply: Buy specs