Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

i almost died because of my lancer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:40 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow......... scary stuff. i'm speechless. glad you're ok.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah never ever heard of that happening, hopefully they will cover that for you because that is a pretty crazy thing and that could of been far worse than it was. As said before glad you are ok. Good luck.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Honni414
the frame f##kin snapped under my right front wheel and sent me out of controll....then the tow truck came and couldnt get my car on the truck without cracking my bumper which was needed cause i was on the freeway onramp....
and i was going the speed limit and driving straight so it couldnt have been my driving.... im sooo P/O'ed.... my cars not under warranty anymore but do you think they will cover theyre defective piece!
Woahhh man, where did that happen. I distinctly remember the sales guy saying that the frame warranty would be an issue with our winters here and any rust wouldn't be covered, some b.s if you ask me! Thats crazy! A frame on a 4 year old car breaking is juunk.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

should've gotten an OZ...juss jokin...that sucks
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it happened on 35th street ...i was in the turning lane to get on I-94....thank god i didnt make it on, i wouldnt be here now... and thanks to the guys who said theyre glad im ok....it sucks though seeing your investment do something like that...and when i get it back ill probably be sketched to drive it. hopefully mitsu covers it though cause that just sucks.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Honni414
it happened on 35th street ...i was in the turning lane to get on I-94....thank god i didnt make it on, i wouldnt be here now... and thanks to the guys who said theyre glad im ok....it sucks though seeing your investment do something like that...and when i get it back ill probably be sketched to drive it. hopefully mitsu covers it though cause that just sucks.
Wow man, ya definately any time in the day breaking down on I-94 would be insanely dangerous. Glad your okay bro, I think I've seen you acouple of times on the streets around here.

It's probibly time to upgrade, maybe even try to get it on the lemon law after you look into what exaclty happened. A friend of mine just got his for his speakers rattling and some other misc. stuff, maybe you could be lucky. I know that if that happened to me I would only drive it I got a new one.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

what's the update on the pics?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 04:30 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Originally Posted by Xshieldsx
What the hell kind of decision is that? Buy a lancer or an evo? Hmmm.
My thoughts exactly. If you can afford an Evo, why tinker with an econobox? Most of the people on here have a Lancer because they can't afford payments and/or insurance on an Evo. Of course, if I could afford to drive a sportscar, it wouldn't have 4 doors, but that's just me.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

i cant really afford one....i mean i might be able to swing it by taking rediculous hours at work and not buying ANYTHING and saving all my money for car payments.. but i like to eat and buy things so im thinking im sticking with my lancer now.... and rezonate you probably have seen me driving around.....im always in my damn car and i go all over...mabye once my cars on all 4 wheels we can get togeather or something... and my girlfriend is looking for the cable so i can get pics up, sorry about the delay guys
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:01 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

yeah, stick with the Lancer then. Even my choice to buy a new car 3 years ago is making things slightly difficult now. I recently financed a $4500 engagement ring and ran up a $2200 credit car bill while switching jobs, and now I'm trying to figure out how to save for a $20,000 wedding while maybe buying a house! At my age, I realize that I don't know what I will need onle 3 years from now, so making a 4 year commitment did affect future choices.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

thats what i was afraid of... thanks for the heads up though.... as long as i can get my car faster than a WRX ill be fine
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:58 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

now there's a relative term you have to be careful with. Sure you can get faster than a STOCK wrx, but keep in mind that any car that starts out faster, can probably continue to be faster with comparible mods. Anyway, sorry to go off topic. I hope they fix that for you, you should threaten to sue if they don't.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

i know the WRX could smoke me with some mods but nobody mods anything around here accept honda's...they buy a WRX and think theyre god on wheels.... and yeah if they dont want to fix it ill sue..... and i have the pics on my pc... only 2 turned out, ones really good though but idk how to host them and post them on here so if someone would do that for me just PM me your email address and ill send you the pics
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

BUMP....if anyone knows how to post pics and is willing to do so for me please pm me your email address
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:01 AM

I either use http://photobucket.com/ or http://public.fotki.com/ for hosting pictures. I prefer photobucket though

Quick Reply: i almost died because of my lancer