Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

i almost died because of my lancer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry i almost died because of my lancer

the frame f##kin snapped under my right front wheel and sent me out of controll....then the tow truck came and couldnt get my car on the truck without cracking my bumper which was needed cause i was on the freeway onramp....
and i was going the speed limit and driving straight so it couldnt have been my driving.... im sooo P/O'ed.... my cars not under warranty anymore but do you think they will cover theyre defective piece!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:39 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

If it is a safety issue, they might have to look into it and do a recall. But I suppose at that mileage they could say something else might have cracked the frame. But this looks like something they should cover in order to avoid a lawsuit or bad publicity.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your cars modified so it looks like your screwed
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

ouch, that's scary stuff ! I hope they will do something about it, and let us know what the cause was, if you ever find out.
Good luck !
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

damn, that sucks. i think if you ***** enough they will cover it under warranty,
Old Aug 22, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

your car is a unibody, therefor it doesnt have a "frame"....if you lost a wheel, a balljoint could be a reason, and if so, Mitsubishi will likely repair your damage if that is the case. I know of 2 other mitsubishi's whose wheels have collapsed due to the ball joints...
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

naw...the ball joint is fine...it looked like part of the frame to me and the tow truck driver....im going to the dealership tommorrow first thing in the morning and ill take pics but it sucked and was horribly scary to know i was like 100 feet from being on the freeway and dieng
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

lets get some specifics please like

what kind of springs were you on, how many miles on your car? previous accidents? do you abuse your car(not like you would admit to that?) doesnt seem like a daily driven car would just go and break like htat
Old Aug 22, 2005, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

64,000 miles, im on stock springs....everything in the suspension is stock, no previous accidents, im the second owner, i dont abuse the car...its too slow to even try... my car is just all show and no go, i was saving up for the RIPP stage 2 supercharger but now i think i want to trade this in and get an evo.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 01:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Honni414
64,000 miles, im on stock springs....everything in the suspension is stock, no previous accidents, im the second owner, i dont abuse the car...its too slow to even try... my car is just all show and no go, i was saving up for the RIPP stage 2 supercharger but now i think i want to trade this in and get an evo.
What the hell kind of decision is that? Buy a lancer or an evo? Hmmm.

Even though that Stage 2 would put out some pretty good numbers, you still don't have the handling or all wheel drive of the evo. Seems like an obvious decision to me.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

sry to hear about the accident. I got into a couple of accidents myself but the lancer save me many times >.>.... there must've been some kind of a fluke... I mean my lancer took a lot of beating that I almost cry ; ; Not to mention that I hit non moving objects while driving recklessly: ie stop signs, yield sign, curb. So maybe you got the worst kind of lancer if it breaks like that... anyway I hope your not selling it away... if you wanna part it out pm lol... I need door shells since the damage is so severe it doesn't look like a door anymore and cannot be fixed by the bodyshop. well good luck
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:55 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Honni414
im the second owner....
there you go! unless you know the previous owner, you really don't know.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Could it be that the bolt on your control arm came out and the control arm moved?? I had that happen once... dont know how the bolt came out, but the wheel moved forward and back in the wheel well quite far.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Definitely take some pics...we're all interested into looking into that same general area where your "frame" gave way. Especially myself, since my Lancer already has had a pretty good impact into a concrete barrier.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

ok i got some pics that i need to upload but my girlfriend has my cable at her apartment...anyways it was the controll arm that snapped clear in half...the break is sooo clean it almost looks like a cut but there was road dust on the inside of some of the cracks which means this problem has been developing slowly....the dealership said theyll talk to the mistu rep and see what they can do about it....the estimatec cost of the fix from the dealership bodyshop is $1,195.96 but hopefully theyll cover all this...they also said they have no records of this happening to any other car. ill get up the pics asap

Quick Reply: i almost died because of my lancer