Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

So how did your fateful encounter with your Lancer happen?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanted a lancer before it was released in the states, and when I saw it at the auto show I said "I'll have one of these bad boys soon enough"

I drove a 93' Grand AM SE before I got my ES. It was faster being a 3.3 V6 and all. I was just sick of the body being messed up and the weird issues it had that were unfixable. The car woulda lasted another 100k miles if I would have kept it but for some reason I decided to get the lancer.

The ES didn't last too long, I got a bug up my *** for the lack of features and how slow it was but I still loved to drive it. The evo was just unpracticle, I can afford it but I want to do other things before I get stuck with $1000/month for a car, so I decided on the ralliart. Payments barely went up and insurance didn't budge. Its on hell of a car.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

My lancer is my first car, bought it all myself after having my first fulltime job for only a few months. I've been a huge evo fan since the evo 4. Back in highschool I wanted a mirage (GST engine swap isnt too bad, just gotta remove ya know, most of the firewall, lol) but then the lancer came out and I've loved it ever since. Can't afford an evo (first job and all) so I knew that an oz would have to do for now. Spent 3 weeks checking every newspaper and dealership dailey trying to find an 02-03 oz and finally i found a good one (at a subby dealership no less) 03, 20k miles, 11.2k later its mine.
I know its alot more then some of you pay but you gotta realize how bad it is in hawaii. one mitsu dealer, markup is so bad u can pay over 30k for an 06 eclipse, freakin 4k+ dealer markup on a evo is normal.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

i went out looking for a car, and saw a bright rio red lancer with tinted windows gleaming in the sun. i went back the next day to buy it and they told me that it had already been sold. the dealer told me they had something similar inside so i went in and saw the shiniest black car ever. i bought it that day.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 01:02 PM

My old car went kaput! Always been in love with Mitsu's. Went originally for an eclipse.. mocked the bright yellow lancer... next thing I know I'm driving a yellow lancer on my way to customize the interior.. Just couldn't be without a car until the evo's came out...
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:07 AM

Well I got my 2003 Lancer from the dealer "used" it had 1,300 miles and I payed $11,000 for it I feel that I got a great deal.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

i got sick of drivin around in my 6cyl auto camaro so i went to one of those rental car sales where that have all the used cars for under $3k.. well they were all junk so i was just walkin around and saw a blue 02 ES, but it had a god awful mile high aluminum wing on ot, so i said to the salesman "do you have another one of thoses w/o the wing" so he took me to another and it was auto, so i told him i was really lookin for a stick, and he said hang on, i think our chief mechanic is selling his.. so wouldnt you kno, he was.. a 2002 blue ES 5speed.. had 25k on it in 03 when i bought it for $10,500.. it was about $7500 more then intended to spend, but i got it and loved it ever since.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

It's all I could afford and I thought it looked good. I would fix a few of the power issues (mainly bump the stock HP and Torque up a bit) make the engine all aluminun (it doesn't need to withstand as much power as the Evo, so no need for a cast iron block) and the fuel economy sucks (I average 24MPG, which for a subcompact 2.0L sucks). It's not a bad car, I just would pick a different car if I had my $11,000 back and I can drive stick now.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 07:46 PM

Ebay

Got my lancer on ebay (huge gamble) for $5500. 2002 *25k* tight car, ive had it for a year and its good as new. dont recomend buying cars on ebay tho
Old Nov 8, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

my old car (1987 toyota supra) was pretty much a goner R.I.P. so i saw an ad in the pennysaver for a mitsu dealer ... the first thing that popped in my head was EVO !!!!! so i go to the dealer test drive the damn thing ... went to finance holy crap i realized that i would be only making enough to cover my EVO and not be able to do anything else ... they offered me a honda civic i said F-NO then i said OZ Rally Please !! and it was a wrap ... only if i would have known about the Ralliart model i would have gotten that ... but i love my slOw-Z
Old Nov 8, 2005, 08:33 PM

ive had a huge thing for wanting a yellow car forever, and i saw a yellow oz-rally on autotrader and i fell in love. got it for $10,000. had it for about a year and a half and then i totalled it when i went head on with a tree. suprisingly insurance gave me $9500 for it and i put that as a down payment on a 2004 yellow ralliart with 12000 miles on it. i liked my oz-rally but i LOVE my ralliart
Old Nov 8, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Well I broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years (that itch thing) and she decided to sell her 98 eclipse RS, which I was driving, so I was womanless and car less LOL!!! I was just starting to build credit here as I am from england, so I was sure I would not get financing at all!!! So one monday morning I decided to take a chance . I called a dealer that deals with "special finance cases" and on the phone they said they would finance me!!!!! Yay!! I wanted a Jetta at the time! THe sales man picked me up at my home and drove me to the dealership!! Wich was full of crappy low end american cars! So I was thinking I was out of luck then I saw a 2003 thunder grey lancer ES on a high ramp! It looked cool to me for a first car!! THe sales man read my mind and had it braught down! It took 4 hours but I payed $11000 with 0 down at 29% since I had no credit!!! I was happy Then 2 weeks latter my front brakes wore out $175.00 to fix, I had to flush the tranny since the car sat for a while $160.00 Then the fisrt o2 sensor went bad $200 to fix (payed for by dealership) then warm up CAT went bad $900 fixed uner warranty (whole header had to be replaced said dealership) 1 year latter I refinanced my car at 12% on $8000... much better than 29% ! NOw I have learned all about the lancer and EVO and everything! I have sprint springs from RRM for lowering and chrome muffler tip (realy helps fix that lame stock one) and custom badging and a masssive sound system! I will tint the windows soon! and put some black tails on soon! Audio is my main focus so no speed mods for me!!! BUt I do have the best sounding lancer in the ATL so I am putting lancers on the map!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I had 93' Chevy truck that i loved. I hit a deer going about 80mph and totaled the truck and the deer. used a rental car for a month then I put an add in the local sales paper that I wanted an eclipse. an old guy called me a few days later and talked to my dad about a lancer he had for sale, I was at work. I called the man back the next day and went to look at the car the same day. He had bought it for his daughter but she didnt want it. This was in a Extremley rich part of town. The next day i got a loan and paid $3700 from insurance for my truck and a $4000 I got from the bank. $7700 for a 02 lancer oz rally with 30000 miles sounded good to me. I am glad that I didnt go with an old eclipse because they are everywhere. I have the best looking, fastest, and best sound system of any lancer in East Texas. that I know of anyways.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

summer going into my 11th grade (summer 05) and my mom needed a new car, she had a 96 lumina at the time. i was looking at civics and they were cool and all but everyone has a civic pretty much. so we went to enterprise of all places cuz their cars tend to be alot cheaper then blue books. so we found a graphite gray lancer, 04 es, with 30k miles for 11.5k. first week i drove it everyones like whoa (our magnet school kids never even heard of an evo). worst thing abt this car is that its auto, and some girl coworker mistook it for a corolla once. ever since then its been pretty good. jw but is 11.5k a good price for 30k of mileage? and how much are one of these cars worth, 5 yrs from now with 60k mileage?

10,800 a couple of years from now with 60k miles.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:49 PM

i chose the lancer over the civic. those were my two choices in the price range. i test drove both, but the difference was minimal. i chose the lancer over the civic because it looked better, and cuz i am a fan of the evo.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:05 AM
TEJ
Evolving Member

My dad was buying it for me and he didnt want to spend much so i needed a car in a cheaper price range and I really liked the 02-03 lancers body styles. I also did not want to get a civic. The lancers happened to fall into the price range I was looking for. Only problem is that i wanted a manual but for some reason my dad refused to buy a manual car so I just ended up getting my 03 es auto.

Quick Reply: So how did your fateful encounter with your Lancer happen?