Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

So how did your fateful encounter with your Lancer happen?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nov 2003, went to Carmax had a 2003 OZ with 2000 mile for $13,000.
2003 model with 2000 mile with all the factory warrenty for $13,000, It was way cheaper than dealer price. Basically almost brand New..... Bought it. Till this day i think i bought my car really cheap
Old Dec 24, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

I was going to buy an evo, then the dealer was like "that's illegal in canada".. And i was like, forget legality, get me a freaking evo.... and said we have "lancers" that are the base model of the evo... he said that you could "mod it" to an evo....

Yup... So much for that. What a jerk. Alwell, I'm happy with it, good bang for the buck.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

it was august of 03 and my 98 Vw golf had so many electrical bugs i thought i was gonna get shocked. drove every car i ever wanted to test drive, a civic, a celica (little girly), another golf, a regular impreza, never owned any sedans before my lancer and my mom was working at the mitsu dealer. She said just drive it and see if you like it, if not no big deal. I drove it about 10 or 15 minutes and never looked back. And in August of 09 it will be paid off
Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
april 06. moved back to florida and needed a car to get to work, i went to a tent sale, asked what they had in the way of econo cars. they guy listed of some hyundais, civic's etc. then he said, oh yeh over there we got a lancer. and thats when my ears perked up. i took it for a drive, loved the way it handled. then bought it the next day $11k. probably gonna have it paid of by next year.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

My first car was a 1993 Mitsubishi Galant, problem is that it wasnt really used for about 5 years (at all), so i got it and the transmission blew out a few months later. I was a big Mitsubishi fan and my parents' friend was selling one privately for $10,000 with only 11,000 miles. I got that, drove it for a few months, then some moron didnt bother yielding oncoming traffic (myself) and totalled the car, sending me to the hospital. The guy was an idiot on many levels too, didnt even have insurance and avoided police after a couple days. We got i believe like $15,000ish back for the car among other payments. I was still in physical therapy and such, but my parents searched for a new car. The car itself really saved my life, im sure if i was driving many other cars it would have turned out much worse, so i was hoping for another Lancer or something along the lines. Three weeks after the accident we bought a 2003 Lancer OZ. 30,000 miles, one owner, amazing condition, for about $12,500.

But really guys, i know not everyone buys a car because its safe. The Lancer is one insanely safe car when it comes to car accidents.
So since tha
Old Jan 4, 2007, 07:27 PM

Starts out with me wanting to stick out from the rest of the cars so in 2001 heard that mitsubishi was coming out with the lancer so in september of that year I went to Vineland Mitsubishi when they were renting out the space across from team nissian and told them that I wanted a lancer they didn't have any on the lot so they looked around for a OZ in Thunder Grey Metallic and the closest one was in allentown Pa so within 2 days they had my car the only one in south jersey at that point. I had them install a red carbon fiber trim kit RMR strut bar and a RMR SRI. At that time the only way you could get products from rmr was if you were a dealer, so I was pumped about that friday I got my car and haven't looked back since.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

It was fall of '04 when I started looking for a car, after a few days of unsuccessfully hunting the dealer mentioned that they just got a used '03 Lancer OZ. Took her out on a test drive, talked the dealer down to $10k for the car (she had 35k miles on her when I bought her), and drove home in her the next day.

Two years and 20k miles later I still have the car.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

june 06.. got my license and went looking for a car. wanted a 2 door car like a prelude. Parents said no, only a 4 door car =( so i said the only 4 door car i want is a Lancer...and we went to look at one.. bought it the same day.. still wish i got a prelude though =( lol but i love my lancerr!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

to make a long story short i was pissed one night and went driving on a windey road (bad idea) and tried to take a curve at 80 that was posted for 25 in my focus and ended up flipping it. so when i got the money from that it jus so happened that my cousin needed money so he could pay off his new bike that he bought soi kind of got my lancer as a steal. but he's happy with his 650 and his honda and im loving my lancer. so that jus goes to show u if u want to up grade find some one desperate to sell there car, flip urs and buy theirs. i think thats how it works right
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lazer77
But really guys, i know not everyone buys a car because its safe. The Lancer is one insanely safe car when it comes to car accidents.
So since tha
ha, i wasnt going to post this but the other day a mustang rear ended me at a red light, he scared the **** out of me but the only damage done was to my plates, wow

i got mine in feb of 06 from my uncle, it had 45k miles, it was in crappy condition so i feel like i saved the car, dashboard was sprayed blue, there was a metal ricey spoiler that made big holes in the center of the trunk, no hubcaps/really dull tires, and the cd player was torn out. lol it could be worse (or not) but besides the speed (which isn't needed for a 1st car) i'm really satisifed and i get many (good) looks (now)
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:36 AM

Well, the lancer I joined the forums for is not mine. It is my ex/girl I am dating again's but she has no knowledge of cars. I got into the when I bought a 2003 RSX new but traded in a couple months ago for a truck. anyway...

She was driving around in a 97 chevy cavalier with 175000 miles on it and really wanted to get out of it. We went test driving and it came down to a Carolla S or a Lancer ES. the lancer had 20k miles less, and was in better shape. She wanted the Carolla because it was "pretty". well, needless to say, I talked some sense into her and she bought the Lancer with a little help from me. Once we got back to my place, I started showing her the potential of the Lancer visually (its just an ES and she doesn't need performance mods since her driving isnt great to begin with) and she fell in love. so, here I am doin research for stuff for her car.

Oh yeah, and it is an 04 ES w/74k miles on it which she paid $9,500 for with a 2 year, 24k mile powertrain warranty
Old Jan 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor

I got a lancer cuz I liked mitsus and Couldnt find an Evo (this was before they came to AZ mid 03) and I was impatient so I bought a LY OZ a few months later I had some choice mods, the usual intake swaybars Exhaust Wheels etc etc. I then got the Boost bug and had a turbo kit installed (only one in AZ at the time) but as with all NA boosted cars she blew up on me...... a couple times so I moved on to the Ralliart had that for a few weeks it was very nice but meh not what I wanted so I took it back fixed the lancer up drove it for a while then decided to go with the Evo and here I am today My lancer last time I heard is in Phoenix Az somewhere so if your outthere send me a shout I wanna see how the old girls doin

Gabe
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dewood*
ha, i wasnt going to post this but the other day a mustang rear ended me at a red light, he scared the **** out of me but the only damage done was to my plates, wow

i got mine in feb of 06 from my uncle, it had 45k miles, it was in crappy condition so i feel like i saved the car, dashboard was sprayed blue, there was a metal ricey spoiler that made big holes in the center of the trunk, no hubcaps/really dull tires, and the cd player was torn out. lol it could be worse (or not) but besides the speed (which isn't needed for a 1st car) i'm really satisifed and i get many (good) looks (now)
Have any pics of it?
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lazer77
Have any pics of it?
the poor paint job

notice on some parts "he" didn't bother you use masking tape
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

omg i'm gonna puke.

Quick Reply: So how did your fateful encounter with your Lancer happen?