Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Worth $100, or not...ebay electric turbo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
remember guys, it means taking off and replacing both belts, so you have to deal with the serpentine tensioner and the tensioner on the alternator, which means getting underneath the car (duh) so you'll need some ramps or stands for this one
rrm says that u can reuse the belt u have on their website.

ROAD///RACE Light Aluminum Crank Pulley

NEW for 02-05 Lancers- 4G94 engines.

This is a custom ROAD/RACE CNC machined crank pulley. It is made of aircraft grade aluminum and weighs just 1 lb. Stock pulley weighs more than 4 lbs. and robs h.p. from the engine to spin it. Just like a light flywheel, throttle response will be greatly improved!Installs in minutes and uses original belts.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Kid Lancer 7
who is acutally running with the rrm pulley?? how does it feel?? any noticable gain??
i am check my thread, its in this forum. $99 dollar pulley is the best bang for the buck out of the three.

Green the tensionors for the belts are really easy. all u need is like a 12 or 14mm rachet. the bolts for the tensioners are easily accessible under the hood.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, two things: uses original belts as in uses the original SIZED belts, inferring its not an underdrive.

but i meant "replace" as in take belt off, put new pulley on, re-place old belt back on pulley

hell, as long as you have the belts off, if there are a little worn, might as well replace 'em

edit:
Green the tensionors for the belts are really easy. all u need is like a 12 or 14mm rachet. the bolts for the tensioners are easily accessible under the hood.

you didn't do the install, did ya? there is no way you could reach the alternator tensioner from the hood, you have to go under, same with looping the belts. i can't speak for the tensioner cause ripp relocated mine, so its in a slightly different spot than your guys', but still

look i'm not trying to make this sound impossible, I just want people to realize its not a simple lunch break install like an intake or something. this is going to take some tools, some ramps (or stands) and some know how. thats it

Last edited by GreenPsycho; Nov 15, 2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:22 PM

i thank you for the advice.

right now, I have header, downpipe, and cold air. so from that, pulley or TB?
...since everything works together, what can I expect the best throttle response and HP gains?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

I'd say you've already improved heavily on your cars breathing... Getting a catback would help your midrange power a bit more, maybe 2-5whp. The pulley will give you good gains from the low end and help to eliminate some powerloss, maybe 5whp from best estimates. I'd finish off your I/H/E setup and get a catback eventually... but for the money I'd say get the pully...

Fox
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:30 PM

thanx FOX
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:34 PM
Account Disabled

well, two things: uses original belts as in uses the original SIZED belts, inferring its not an underdrive.

but i meant "replace" as in take belt off, put new pulley on, re-place old belt back on pulley

hell, as long as you have the belts off, if there are a little worn, might as well replace 'em

edit:

you didn't do the install, did ya? there is no way you could reach the alternator tensioner from the hood, you have to go under, same with looping the belts. i can't speak for the tensioner cause ripp relocated mine, so its in a slightly different spot than your guys', but still

look i'm not trying to make this sound impossible, I just want people to realize its not a simple lunch break install like an intake or something. this is going to take some tools, some ramps (or stands) and some know how. thats it
opps yea i for got about that other bolt under the car still with a jack u can get to it easily. i was thinking about the alternator tensioner directly to the above left of the alternator.with the right tools it's less than an hour. i actually sat there and watched the install. it doesn't take much skill just the right tools. i didn't replace my belt, it was actually in pretty good condition, my car is an 04

Marco M. Duarte

Last edited by twisty1251; Nov 15, 2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry i was jsut a lil confused. Thanx for clarifying. That makes everything clearer to me now.