Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

RIPP Long Tube Headers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^Nice
Old Jan 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
Account Disabled

no offense, but this is BS. don't get me wrong, i'm glad someone posted these up, but these same shots were posted by greenpsycho like a month ago (before i joined, but i still read the boards) and the thread got deleted shortly after.

you can find the ripp thread here:

clicky

and here is what green said:

As we all know, long tube headers are better for n/a and supercharged applications than the "shorty" short dump headers (like kamikaze or RRM headers). Until recently, our only option for really high class headers were RPW's

Well, RIPP took it upon themselves to make some sweet lancer headers. I don't have all the facts, as this is just a sneak peek at some prototypes, but here is what I do know:

-full stainless steel, no combination, no need to ceramic coat, no rusting
-thick 16g steel piping. most other people use thinner 18g
-thick flanges prevent warping due to extreme hot/cold cycles
-equal radius tubing. bends are madrel bent, not crimp bent like other headers, meaning the runner size is the same throughout, allowing for even, more efficient flow
-long equal length runners. Only one of its kind for the 4g94. not just long runners, which increase the torque curve tremendously over shorty headers, but also equal length which offer even higher gains. most headers will cause loss of torque, this will most likely cause a gain in torque all across the powerband
-bolts directly up to stock cat converter, no bending, no welding, complete replacement of exhaust manifold and stock downpipe

These are just prototypes and I've been told the flanges will be the same polished stainless steel as the runners with no discoloration on the full production models. But you can see from the pics, these are super high quality headers, you can even tell the curves are mandrel bent from the pics
more info in the thread, but to clear up confusion, these are SIMILAR to rpw headers in that they are long tube, but not the same being equal length runners etc. also, most guys already know, but in n/a and sc apps, shorty headers just don't compare with the long tube equal length ones
Old Jan 18, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Hmmmm I may just have to keep my eye on these, maybe replace my current headers with a set (depending on price of course).
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by what
no offense, but this is BS. don't get me wrong, i'm glad someone posted these up, but these same shots were posted by greenpsycho like a month ago (before i joined, but i still read the boards) and the thread got deleted shortly after.
Not sure what you're calling BS on. Ross told me about the headers and then sent me these pictures. I noticed that GP posted them on the Ripp boards, I'm sure he got them from Ross as well.

I wasn't aware that there had been a thread on this before, wonder why it would have gotten deleted.

Jim
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

are you sure RPW's arent equal length?

paging WAD!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a reason GreenPsycho's thread got deleted. And it wasn't because we don't like him. He was violating the rules.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03RallyLancer
are you sure RPW's arent equal length?

paging WAD!
I'm quite sure they are!!!!

To be honest when I saw the pics I thought someone had jet coated the RPW headers.

Looks really similar to me, too similar.

WADAD
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Hmmmm I may just have to keep my eye on these, maybe replace my current headers with a set (depending on price of course).
Nice, then you can sell me your old set cheap!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Hahahaha maybe, I got to see what I want to do next (suspension, engine, etc. wise).
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
I'm quite sure they are!!!!

To be honest when I saw the pics I thought someone had jet coated the RPW headers.

Looks really similar to me, too similar.

WADAD
thats what i thought....
Old Jan 18, 2006, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

u guys say that this hasnt been released yet ... because yea theyre already on the website with price listed and seems like theyre selling it now
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Moofahsah
u guys say that this hasnt been released yet ... because yea theyre already on the website with price listed and seems like theyre selling it now
+1

Originally Posted by http://rippmods.com/products/products_list_details.asp?menuid=3&productId=278
For 2006 RIPP has a set of long tube headers designed to scavenge heat and give you the maximum horsepower out of your Supercharger Drive System or NA plateform.

The RIPPMODS header program is the best. These are the only headers designed to work specifically with the engine and its electronics, no other header on the market that can make this claim.

You can easily see from its unique design the RIPP header incorporates a full-length primary system, long collector and mating center section. So essentially, you are purchasing two very precise systems. They a include a stainless steel flex section all made from quality 16 gauge T304 stainless steel that is precisely mandrel bent and hand assembled and TIG welded. Additional features the 3/8 inch flanges and a fully polished look everyone will appreciate.

The RIPP header program is always strong, and the Lancer OZ did not let us down, the power is very impressive and is being tested independently. Our in house testing was very positive, DYNO sheets soon.

Last edited by blaze_125; Jan 19, 2006 at 07:00 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

those are pretty sweet, if they are much less than rpw, then i think i will be trading out my kamikaze
Old Jan 19, 2006, 07:24 AM
Account Disabled

500 seems high though... you can get long tubes for most other cars for a little over 400 with jet coating. Hopefully the dyno's justify the cost...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

I just got this from Ross:

"Yes, in fact they will have an O2 bung for the stock O2's and a supplemental O2 bung and cap for a wide band.

They also will have an EGT spot."

Nice.

Quick Reply: RIPP Long Tube Headers!