Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

RIPP Long Tube Headers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeemybo
I just got this from Ross:

"Yes, in fact they will have an O2 bung for the stock O2's and a supplemental O2 bung and cap for a wide band.

They also will have an EGT spot."

Nice.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow nice.. hmmm. ripp should make a turbo kit.

lol if ripp made supercharger and turbo for lancer you guys would rock...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt that's going to happen^
Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

um yeah, I already purchased my cel eliminator from RRM, but I only bought it to put in my RPW headers! Guess that makes me kinda silly... n/m you can delete this post I'm dumb

Last edited by newbiewonkenobe; Jan 19, 2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$500 + shipping? ridiculous!

their dyno sheet better justify them pretty well. that is an insane price. i bougth RRM header and had the shop fabricate a custom DP w/flex pipe and it wasn't even close to that price. i don't think they will yeild much more power then the RRM set-up w/ a DP. i could be wrong but for the price????? i'll wait for a dyno sheet before i get all excited.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 04:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by comatose721

their dyno sheet better justify them pretty well. that is an insane price. i bougth RRM header and had the shop fabricate a custom DP w/flex pipe and it wasn't even close to that price. i don't think they will yeild much more power then the RRM set-up w/ a DP. i could be wrong but for the price????? i'll wait for a dyno sheet before i get all excited.
well regardless of what you do to the rrm header, the longer runners on the rpw/ripp will always pay power dividends
Old Jan 19, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

^ Yes, but is the '10%' more torque really worth so much?
Old Jan 19, 2006, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregivq
^ Yes, but is the '10%' more torque really worth so much?
thank you. atleast i don't feel like the only person who wouldn't spend $500 for 10 ft lbs of torque and not much of a relative difference. i could see if it yeilds a much higher HP gain but come on....are you that much of a fool to spend $500 on a mod that will be pretty much identical. IMO the RPW's will still be nicer since they have a 4-2-1 design available.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 05:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by comatose721

your a fool. the rrm header is what, like 350 and it doesn't even have a downpipe? lets assume, just ASSUME you got a killer deal on a fabbed downpipe for 50 bucks, your at 400. follow so far? good, now for 100 more than what you wasted, you could have proven higher HP numbers all while gaining torque (where as the shorty headers lose torque).

search around, i believe there are a few rpw header dynos on this board which tromp any other header dynos, and from the looks of it, the ripp ones should be as good if not better.

edit: oh, and your wrong, rpw doesn't offer a 4-2-1 design, its all 4-1. don't know where you got your info, but its on their site right here:

click

Manufactured from 1.6mm and 2.0mm mild steel, Mandrel bent, TIG welded, RPW systems are a 4-1 design at giving performance increases over a wide range of driving conditions, specifically made to suit your engine design.

Last edited by what; Jan 19, 2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

'What', chill out a little bit.......I spent $170 on my used kamikaze and I have been in a car with RPW header. Yes there is a difference but it's really not that dramatic. By spending $50.00 on 4G93 manifold you could make up more than RPW's manifold could give you.
It's all up to you guys if you want to spend the money or not.
I have spent A LOT on high compression pistons, it gave me about 15whp, the price didn't justify the gain but that's not why I got it.
If you want to spend $500.00 on a header........do it.......but don't be suprised if a Lancer with Kamikaze header for $170.00 and $50.00 intake manifold would beat you.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

But that's not comparing apples to apples.

What if we add the G93 manifold?

As soon as I port mine out I'll let you guys know as I don't think anyone else with RPW header has the swap done.

You guys forget that 10ft lbs is a lot of our cars.

I can't wait to see the results of the RIPP headers to get back on topic. The only advantage I can see is the coating which should keep under hood temperatures a little lower. The question is will they dyno test them and when?

WADAD
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

WHAT

calm your testes. my bad i miss read a sentence. you are right it isn't a 4-2-1
"
Independent tests performed in the Perth Street Car magazine show these extractors produce both more torque and horsepower than any 4-2-1 system."

2nd off....do not tell me to search. i have spent more time searching on these boards than you can fathom. maybe when you calm down you can understand that.

3rd...i got my RRM header on SALE. unfortunately for you, my total set-up ended up costing less than $400. and with that extra money...well you do the math.

WAD - you make a very valid point on the 10 ft lbs of torque
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I don't see why people are making a big deal out of this, if someone wants to spend 500$ on a header, good for them but if you're happy with your set up great, its not like they're spending your money.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
Account Disabled

i thougth i read somewhere (maybe on ripp's board, maybe in this thread?) that is would be dyno tested and published to show the gains. don't know anything besides that though
Old Jan 19, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

We're trying to justify if it is worth it to spend that much but until the numbers come out no one will know for sure.

They look nice though

WADAD

Quick Reply: RIPP Long Tube Headers!