Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

RIPP Long Tube Headers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sweet_bucket22
It looks to me like non eliminate the second cat... they just meet up where the second cat flange is. Am i missing something?
Yeah but that's not exactly what they say in the description.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is amazing isn't it how similiar these units are to the RPW units.

Hmm makes you think .. funny how I remember that a customer of ours left a set of our headers with someone for several months whilst he was waiting on getting them hpc coated

Unfortunatly not the first time - just take a look sometime at the 4cyl kits that several companies manafacture now for the galant eclipse range and compare then to the RPW units.

very interesting - but unfortunatly nothing we can do about it other than to say - if everyone else is copying our design - that must be saying something about it..........................
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:30 AM
Account Disabled

well said...
Old Jan 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

^+1
Old Jan 23, 2006, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mitsiman
It is amazing isn't it how similiar these units are to the RPW units..
granted, they do look similar, but i wouldn't go as far as to say straight up copy. i mean, you are given 4 cylinders, the location of where it has to hook into the second cat and available engine room. combine that with principles of building a good long tube header system (equal length runners merging into a collector pipe, etc) and i don't think there are many ways headers can differ

not to go off topic, but look at kamikazes and rrm, they are similar as well (well, the upper portion), and the kamikaze has its own dp setup that doesn't work with the stock dp. the point is, i think when the givens are so restrictive, there isn't much room for creativity or differences.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that's a slick looking piece. I'd buy one.

I need to quit hanging out in OT.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe they did copy the RPW headers, maybe they didn't. What's your point? Maybe this will push RPW to make a better product. Maybe this will push RPW to lower their price...oh wait, that's what they're doing! Competition is good.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

so anything happening with this yet?
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

^ I was actually looking into this yesterday and I would like to know as well.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

What exactly do you guys want to know? I imagine they haven't sold many because of the RPW/Accolade sale. I'm also pretty sure there have been no dynos. RIPP is not particularly good at providing dynos for their products, but they are getting an in-house dyno this month, so hopefully that will change.

They have been pretty busy designing a 2nd piggyback which supposedly works better with the stock ECU and their Black Box. It will be ready for the lancer later this month. So they haven't been posting here, or even on their own boards that much. That's a little annoying, but you can always just call them up and ask what's going on. I think in general they don't feel like evom is a great place to post because of all the fighting that goes on in here. I'm not sure this is the greatest marketing strategy, but it is what it is.

At any rate, now that the RPW/Accolade sale is over, these are probably worth looking into, especially since they are basically the same design as RPW but are stainless steel.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 04:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cleaned posts. Let's keep the libel to a minimum, OK folks?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

header looks awesome. bottom line for me is how the dyno will look look for this header vs RPW, Kamikaze, and RRM's
Old Apr 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to hear about an update as well. Does anyone here frequent the RIPP boards?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by N1te
I would like to hear about an update as well. Does anyone here frequent the RIPP boards?
Yeah, the update is, there is no update.

My question:
Are the headers in production? Do you know when you will have dynos on them? I might be willing to serve as a dyno guinea pig if you need one.

Their response:
We just got our prototype set in the shop… so as soon as we find out whether or not we fit, we find out whether or not we’ll have them soon. We have a dyno here now so if they do fit we’ll know what kind of power they make. They looking sweet though…

I don't know how long this will take, but if the developments up to this point have been any indication, full production is still some time away. This is a bit of a bummer, it looks like a great product, and since I have sold my piggyback I am in the market for some LT headers.

Jim
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Well since we know they are copies of RPW long tube header design, why don't you contact one of RPW dealers, or RPW direct and purchase a set of those instead. You can get them coated locally, they are already proven performance options in the market. You can buy them with or without a high flowing cat converter. They are in stock and you could have them on yuor door within 10 days of ordering.

Quick Reply: RIPP Long Tube Headers!