Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

taking the car in for 15K maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taking the car in for 15K maintenance

I just went to mitsu and i made an appointment for my 15k maintenance. They told me that the work was covered under my warranty, which seems odd considering other people on the boards have had to pay for this. First of all I'm running an rrm sri so should i worry about it voiding any warranty (i doubt it but just to be sure). also i am running mobil 1 synthetic and should i ask them to put mobil 1 in for an oil change instead of the regular stuff (i know it isn't good to switch back to regular so they better!).

also what are the things that i need to ask them to look at/change? If it is free i'm worried they are not going to do everything that should be done to give it the best maintenance. I know i'm going to ask about spark plugs, but other than that what should i do? thanks everyone
Old Feb 20, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

It's free because you are on the factory free maintenance program. Not everybody has that program. It was only offered for a short period of time. On that program you will get exactly what the factory says should be done under the program. They will not put synthetic oil in it unless you pay for the oil because the factory doesn't specify synthetic. They will only do what the factory says is due at that mileage. They can provide you with the list that shows you what they pay for. It's a sweet deal because of the savings.
Old Feb 20, 2006, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a lot that clears up a lot. i was wondering why it was free. I bought the car used too so I didn't even know that I had it. Worry about the sri?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

depends on how up tight your dealer is. Mine wont bat an eye b/c the guy knows im ok, but it all depends on the guy. Ive heard HORROR stories about dealers trying to blame dumb **** on your mods . . . " You dont have OEM blinker fluid, thats why your rear shocks blew. Youre not covered!"
Old Feb 21, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mtags24
Thanks a lot that clears up a lot. i was wondering why it was free. I bought the car used too so I didn't even know that I had it. Worry about the sri?
Bummer. I didn't realize that you bought it used. The factory maintenance program DOES NOT carry over to the second owner. You had better tell the dealerhip that you are the second owner or else they will get stiffed by Mitsu for making a claim on the program. Unless they are covering it for you any way??
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

weird cause i totally told them it was used and that i had no idea of its maintenance history. the guy there made a point of checking my VIN and showing me that i was covered for this maintenance so hopefully they follow through! i'll post back after i go in. thanks