Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Spinning the tires in 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spinning the tires in 2nd

this will be the 2nd time ive posted this cause the first one dissappeared ??????? well when i spin the tires off the line both tires will smoke and and spin when i go into 2nd gear the both spin smoke the squeel. then when i go into third the both chirp. i dont have LSD so please tell me this is ok. i thought both tires will only lock up and go if you get LSD. also when i let go of the steering wheel and dump the clutch it doesnt pull one way or the other either. hmmmm im comfused please help.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rallylanceroz03
this will be the 2nd time ive posted this cause the first one dissappeared ??????? well when i spin the tires off the line both tires will smoke and and spin when i go into 2nd gear the both spin smoke the squeel. then when i go into third the both chirp. i dont have LSD so please tell me this is ok. i thought both tires will only lock up and go if you get LSD. also when i let go of the steering wheel and dump the clutch it doesnt pull one way or the other either. hmmmm im comfused please help.
I'm confused after reading your post, please post clearer on what is going on and you might get a response.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

^+1
collect your thoughts and type
Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you mean your worried becuause both tires are spinning? I assume your not stock...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

correct me if im wrong but i dont see a problem...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

SOOO lost!!!

your car is so powerful it cant handle just 2 wheel drive ...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jchangsta2six
SOOO lost!!!

your car is so powerful it cant handle just 2 wheel drive ...
I would like to know whats under that hood though? turbo im guessing...and whats the condition of your tires?
Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No wonder your first thread was deleted.

You must of got the magical 1 of 1 series OZ that has 300whp that can bark the tires in third that came with the factory LSD. Good luck with dumping the clutch and not holding on to the wheel.

Last edited by GPTourer; Apr 10, 2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

The usual newb mistake.

Your first thread is a few lines down. That's how it works here. NEW threads or recently replied threads are bumped up to the top.

WADAD
Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:53 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

I don't see a problem. Are you absolutely sure both tires are spinning? If you're inside the car, it will be almost impossible to tell. Aside from that, a non LSD car could spin both tires on level ground, it's just not very likely. You're chirping in 2nd and 3rd because you're holding the gas down while shifting, though. Try letting up on the gas while shifting.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:25 PM

sorry

no my some of my keys on the keyboard were stuck so thats why it doesnt make any sense. Im sure the tires are both spinning cause ive asked my firends and the tires are brand new too. and no its not turbo. its really weird.

1st gear - both tires smoke
2nd gear - both tires smoke then screach
3rd gear - both tires chirp

All that is under the hood is
Intake
OBX header, DP
OBX test pipe
thermal R&D cat back
2.5" drop
short throw i mean really short i bought a short throw and then cut another 3 inches off that and then rethreaded it
Bored out fuel rail
Injectors
Fuel pump upgrade

That is it so i dont know why it does that and no i dont hold down the gas when giong into 3rd i power shift through it when i race and it still gets a chirp into 3rd almost everytime
Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

zomg!! teh fastest non-turbo lancer in existence!!! go get that thing dyno'd.. LOL.

No, it sound like you are inexperienced at driving a manual transmission? heh.. traction is a GOOD thing when you are trying to race or just take off at all. You are dumping the clutch way to high, then shifting right away without letting the tires stop spinning.. then it just keeps spinning faster and faster until you hit 3rd, then finally the engine doesn't have enough power to keep them going. Its fairly easy to do in almost any manual transmission car if you try it and it works out just right.. especially in the rain.

But try this next time. Just let out the clutch smoothly at about 2000 rpms and once you start to take off, just go from there. lol. If you are on a stock clutch and keep it up, expect it to go out pretty soon. The stocker is wimpy. =/ But if you are racing, most guys find out that dropping the clutch around 2500 rpms give or take a few, works pretty well. Don't be spinning the tires off the car though. You will lose the race, and just wear out the clutch and tires. =((((((
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

release your e-brake.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by arnold16890
release your e-brake.
LOL give the guy some credit
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:19 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

I'd say the super short throw shifter has something to do with it. You're not used to the short throw, so you're shifting so fast the revs don't have a chance to match. Once again, let off the gas long enough to let the revs match when shifting. I had that problem with I installed a B&M, can't imagine how different it would be with 3 more inches off of that.

Quick Reply: Spinning the tires in 2nd