Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

From 0-60 mph

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MIA2FASLANCER
you see what i mean 11 seconds there is actually aperson who finally tested now im running low 9's so for being automatic not bad and all the mods i have who ever said that lancers ES can do 8's without turbo doesnt know anything. i mean with turbo it does about 7's to 8's and a ralliart AUTO not stickshift does like 8's to 9's
you are a flat out retard. bring me your car and i will run it in the 8s for you. just because someone can't do it doesn't make true for every driver and car.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerman360
Actually I was looking at the rotas. Here is a pic of the rota attack in gold. Thats what I am planning on getting in 17"s, but getting the superleggeras would be cool to stay with the oz theme.
those are some pretty good looking wheels, i would definitely suggest you get them, a guy around my area had those on his wrx, and they were quite nice. since i got graduation money, i am buying some 16" gram lights 57s in bronze-set myself apart from the crowd.

Last edited by oz4g94; Jun 5, 2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2006, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All right, representing with the bronze on black. Gram Lights are the shiznit. I am jelous. yeah about my 11 sec. run. I have an auto, 2 12's in the trunk with a 50 pound box, I have super heavy 18's, it was pouring down rain, I had another guy in the car with me, I have not tuned in my afr, and It was really hot outside. I will do another next week. Have to keep my wheels on until a show I am going to this weekend, then I am selling my 18's. and rollin on the oz's until I can buy the rotas.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerman360
All right, representing with the bronze on black. Gram Lights are the shiznit. I am jelous. yeah about my 11 sec. run. I have an auto, 2 12's in the trunk with a 50 pound box, I have super heavy 18's, it was pouring down rain, I had another guy in the car with me, I have not tuned in my afr, and It was really hot outside. I will do another next week. Have to keep my wheels on until a show I am going to this weekend, then I am selling my 18's. and rollin on the oz's until I can buy the rotas.
yeah i've been wanting the 57s for over a year now, and i finally decided that i would go ahead and get them with some bfg g-force sports. you do have quite a bit of stuff that will slow you down, thats why i sold all of my audio euipment, but it really all depends on what you want out of your car.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by oz4g94
you are a flat out retard. bring me your car and i will run it in the 8s for you. just because someone can't do it doesn't make true for every driver and car.
omg u must be an idiot... its an automatic car and with the mods i have it runs high 8's low 9's its not stick shift manual so i dont know how youre going to change the way it runs just because you get in the car unless you weigth 100 pounds less than me...ure funny
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MIA2FASLANCER
omg u must be an idiot... its an automatic car and with the mods i have it runs high 8's low 9's its not stick shift manual so i dont know how youre going to change the way it runs just because you get in the car unless you weigth 100 pounds less than me...ure funny
if you are running high 8's then im doing high 5's, your not boosted and you think you are running 8's
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:28 PM

i ran mine today just to compare..flat road...i ran a 9.87 and then i let my friend who's been driving stick longer go at it and he gat it at 8.86...and all i have is the oz rally 5speed sri...it was good times
Old Jun 6, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

i hate to break it to you but your buddy cant drive if you can beat him. that car should be doing 0-60 in no more than 6.8. you OZ is nowhere near that unless you have some serious mods.

by 03 SI you mean the hatch right?

and a close race would be a SI hatch vs. a Ralliart both good drivers. an SI should destroy an OZ rally

not necessarily, my friend has an 03 si with exhaust and i tear him up everytime. it is more of a drivers race when it comes to cars that are that close.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SocalES
i hate to break it to you but your buddy cant drive if you can beat him. that car should be doing 0-60 in no more than 6.8. you OZ is nowhere near that unless you have some serious mods.

by 03 SI you mean the hatch right?

and a close race would be a SI hatch vs. a Ralliart both good drivers. an SI should destroy an OZ rally
yeah an 03 si, the ugly van looking one. hes not the best driver, i've had my car for almost 3 years and have learned to drive it very well. mods do help, but don't necessarily mean anything. a pro driver dusted all of his students around road atlanta in a regular n/a neon and they were driving a brand new viper srt-10. its a drivers race.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

ok for that, think of it like this. if someone has never driven that viper then they dont know how to handle the 500hp that thing has and being RWD not many people can control that.

the SI even with a not so good driver should be able to beat you with ease.

on a track is completely different than in a straight line. if im not mistaken 0-60 is in a line not around some corners... the SI is a quick little car, and if he has exhaust and if he gets intake then that VTEC will be a whole lot more noticable. the only reason i know this stuff is because i drove one before i bought my RA
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

the steelies don't weigh more than the enkei 15s on the OZ.
theyre O-Zs, not enkeis
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by t3lancer2003
theyre O-Zs, not enkeis
NOOB! NOOB! NOOB!

OK, I get to tell you the story.
Enkei owns OZ. The wheels on the Lancer are MADE by Enkei but they are the OZ design. It was cheaper to do that than to ship the OZ wheels from Italy to Japan. Remove the OZ wheels, and they say Enkei on the back.

Now you know.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SocalES
ok for that, think of it like this. if someone has never driven that viper then they dont know how to handle the 500hp that thing has and being RWD not many people can control that.

the SI even with a not so good driver should be able to beat you with ease.

on a track is completely different than in a straight line. if im not mistaken 0-60 is in a line not around some corners... the SI is a quick little car, and if he has exhaust and if he gets intake then that VTEC will be a whole lot more noticable. the only reason i know this stuff is because i drove one before i bought my RA
i know how quick those cars are, i have driven plenty of them. i had many more mods than he did. all he had was the spoon axle back exhaust. i have a tuned afc, headers, cat-back, intake, pulley, short-throw, some suspension, and some pretty nice tires. i have also had a bit more driving experience than he did, with a better driver, i should have lost. he doesn't drive that too hard anymore because he just bought a new toy to have fun in.