Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

How do i clean newly tinted windows?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't roll my windows down for weeks. I had no need to though. Why test it if you don't need to? Just leave them up until you absolutly have to put them down for something. OH, and i just didn't clean the windows for a long long time, but now i just windex it up.
Old May 18, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

sounds to me like the little bubbles you are talking about are squeege patterns basically there is a little bit of moisture under the tint I would def bring the car back to the shop where you had it done if the bubles are big or do not go away in the next few days..... I would hold off on rolling the windows down.... you don't happen to know what kind of film they used do you?
Old May 18, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
I didn't roll my windows down for weeks. I had no need to though. Why test it if you don't need to? Just leave them up until you absolutly have to put them down for something. OH, and i just didn't clean the windows for a long long time, but now i just windex it up.
I wouldent advise using windex
Old May 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

how hot is it in hilton head? it feels like 80+ here and you're farther south so you probably feeling it more than we do.
Old May 18, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah its ridiculously hot, but im sure you're feeling the same exact thing we are down here, maybe just a little cooler, but its just so humid and sticky, ugh.

And i have no idea what film they used, most of the bubbles seem to be going away, but as for there being no need to have the windows down, there is where i live lol.
Old May 18, 2006, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

if the bubbles are really small and in the center of the window you should be ok to roll them down....... if they are close to the edge I would just tough it out and wait another day.... do you have any pics of the bubbles?
Old May 18, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

They are really small and in the middle of the glass, i tried to take pictures but i cant get the camera to focus on the bubble, it focuses on whats outside.

I waited another day anyway, tomorrow i might just start rolling them down.
Old May 19, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

If the bubbles are pretty noticeable it is due to cheap tint or a bad job on applying the tint overall. I have a couple dust size bubbles on my tint but their barely noticeable unless your face is almost on the glass. If the bubbles are in the middle, I would roll down the window, and if they don't go away I'd go back to where you got it done and show them where they F*ct up.
Old May 19, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PhonyEvo_1
If the bubbles are pretty noticeable it is due to cheap tint or a bad job on applying the tint overall. I have a couple dust size bubbles on my tint but their barely noticeable unless your face is almost on the glass. If the bubbles are in the middle, I would roll down the window, and if they don't go away I'd go back to where you got it done and show them where they F*ct up.
there is no such thing as a flawless tint job!!!! it is very easy to get contamination in the tint it is very common it doesn't mean the person who tinted the windows is a hack by any means..... if the bubbles don't go away I would go to the shop and MAKE SURE there are no other customers around at least try to get the guy away from the customers so that they don't over hear and cause the company to lose business show the company what you are concerned about most company's are more than happy to remove the film and re tint if it is a bad install job don't go in there and tell them they F*ct up because that will get you nowhere be calm and professional about it and they will return the favor
Old May 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah i just rolled them down today, and damn dude, they did a really good job besides the few bubbles that are still there (not major at all, i have to search to actually point them out), and no new bubbles showed up from rolling them down. But they cut the tint to about 1 or 2 millimeters from the edge of the glass, very impressive. Tomorrow i might clean them with the cleaner stuff.
Old May 20, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

glad to hear everything worked out for you
Old May 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

how come they recommend that you dont roll the window down for days afterwards? when i got mine done, i picked it up and all he told me was not to clean them till tomorrow and when i do use anything but steel wool.. i asked him if i can roll them down and he said it was fine to roll them down, just not to clean them for a day.. also all the bubbles were out of it by that night
Old May 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

you should give the adheasive a few days to cure so that the film doesn't move or peel sometimes its not needed but the tint shops don't want you to mess up their work and come back if this happens that way (you can tell when someone has rolled down a window to soon if you wait the full 4-5 days the tint WILL NOT PEAL) the tint shop can say well I told you not to roll the windows down..... as for the bubbles a lot of times there is a little bit of moisture that doesn't get squeegeed out which causes these tiny bubbles in the film that go away once the moisture dries