Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Anyone have pillar gauges without turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have pillar gauges without turbo?

Like , does anyone have gauges for other stuff (besides boost) on their pillars?!? ANif so - what are the gauges for!? I'd like to see - would be kind of nice to have some gauges. Post pics if you have any...
Old Jun 3, 2006, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Only gauge you might want on an NA application is an AF gauge. I guess you could add things like oil pressure, water temperature, exhaust gas temperature but they aren't really necessary on a mildly modded engine.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A/F gauge with a wideband could be useful, oil pressure, water temp, volts, oil temp. Those would be nice to have since the lancer gauge cluster is really lacking. EGT and Boost gauges really are only necessary/useful for turbo cars.

But as far as clusters/pods go, there are a variety available. You have the RRM a-pillar, RRM single a-pillar pod, RRM double cf pod, RMR steering wheel pod, RRM cf 3-pod radio kit, Mitsu OEM 1DIN pod, glovebox pod, universal dash mount, universal steering wheel hub mount, etc. There are plenty of possibilities.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i did on my elipse. i got one for sale if you need one. look below
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wiretap
But as far as clusters/pods go, there are a variety available. You have the RRM a-pillar, RRM single a-pillar pod, RRM double cf pod, RMR steering wheel pod, RRM cf 3-pod radio kit, Mitsu OEM 1DIN pod There are plenty of possibilities.

just asking some valid questions to the thread. About the RRM cf 3-pod radio kit, where do you buy the radio relocation kit for that. I want to get that but not sure how easy it is to move the radio, like do you have to extend wires?

If I were to do it id go AF, Oil pressure, volts
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
id say water temp, volt , and wideband.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

You can get the relocation kit from the dealership. Realistically you don't have enough mods to justify any gauges. At most get an AF gauge. If you're doing it for show, get as many as you can get.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

I got a pic it's of the whole interior but you can see my Pod.

Old Jun 3, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Here's some examples I found (don't work today so I can actually waste my time)

Old Jun 3, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

I'll put together a little compilation of the stuff.. I'm not going to spend the time to find the lowest prices, but I'll just show what different designs there are, and where to find them.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/lancer.htm
-- $65

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/dressup.htm
-- $139

www.roadracemotorsports.com/dressup.htm
-- $229

-- $69

-- $49

-- $49

-- $89

-- $99

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/661
-- $94

http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...roducts_id=859
-- $65
Old Jun 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

wow. thanks guys for the responses. i'm a newbie to gauges, so whats an AF gauge?! and yes this is only for show....some other form of cool lighting in my car's interior. Would get the gauges on ebay and probably a pillar from there or rrm...its not for performance. and is it hard to hook them up?! Like wiring ?!?
Old Jun 3, 2006, 05:09 PM
Account Disabled

Air to Fuel ratio.. measures the amount of air to fuel in the mixture detonating.

volts- especially usefull if your a sound guy and have multiple amps.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:11 AM

Hummm I have a quetsion and i hope SOMEONE can answer. I bought a Air to Fuel Ratio and an Oil Temp Gauge for my lancer. The Engine Oil temp seems to Run fine but the air to fuel ratio seems to freak out. Then some kid across the street asked if the air to fuel had 3 or 4 wires and Mine only has 3 and he said i might need a wideband... Can anyone tell me if i am doing something wrong with the wiring? and What is the diff between wideband and Narrow band? And are the Lancer Es's Wideband Required or NarrowBand Required? So i dont have to go buy a new one if i dont have too. Thanks ( oh and the Oil Temp does not read like it should. But we have never ran it in drive ) ANY HELP would be appreciated! THANKS
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled

pm responded too ghast.

buy a wideband here

roadracemotorsports.com
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:12 AM

ok so now that i know the diff between the two. Who wants to offer some trouble shooting on what i May be doing wrong? I have a "AutoMeter Narrow Band Air/Fuel " and "Auto meter fll sweep Oil Temp Gauge " Now as far as power and makin the light turn on everything seems fine. on the gauges. But the Words Lean,stoich,rich do not light up on the gauge! i wanna know if only the red yellow and green lights are supposed to or do all i need is the red yellow and green lights? ( it would be cool if they lit up ) Oil temp lights up fine. Now apon start up i thought full sweep gauges were supposed to turn there dial all the way over and then return back to present position. Seeing as how it does not do that and after 5 minutes of idleing the temp reading does not leave 140 Degrees. I do not think its reading correctly. I may have some wiring wrong iono. I installed all of this along with my Cf gauge pillars and my light weight crank pully. If anyone has ever had to wire gauges it wold be greatly appreciated if u would help me out! If u have pictures to help or need pictures of my work to maybe see what i did ASK!.

Now i have the sensor for the Oil temp going to that screw above the Oil Filter. And the air to fuel is hooked up right onto the harness to the first Cat. Now there are 4 wires on the harness and then theres 3 wires that come out of the Air/fuel! Anyways help please!

Quick Reply: Anyone have pillar gauges without turbo?