Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

My Lancer is in the shop. need advices ^.^"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2006, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Lancer is in the shop. need advices ^.^"

i recently crashed my car, and you can see pics and the story in the link in my sig. i went to a shop called reliance autobody shop today, the manager told me i can choose aftermarket parts with the insurance money. Because I crashed the front bumper and effed up 2 wheels, i get to decide what aftermarket bumper and rims to get.

im thinking evo8 conversion just the front bumper maybe? or should i just jump to the 06 oem ralliart bumper? are accolade and rrm the only companies that make body kits for 04 lancers? i looked the the accolade site, the best looking one is the evo8 wanna-be kit... im not sure i'll be flamed or watever if i get that... but the rest of the kits really arent thatttt good looking...

and as for rims, may i ask for some advices on what brand i can get within my $500 budget (used or new rims)? thank you in advance

i actually have another question... if i already called insurance and its sending an adjuster to the body shop next week, can i still change my mind and not let the insurance pay for it? i mean, if the repair is like $4000, but i have to pay like $1000 more for insurance every 6 months for 3 years.... it might not be worth it. any clue how high my insurance might go?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
street concept makes kits for our cars as well:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...light=body+kit

so it's really all up to you, im not interested in body kits anymore, I'd rather just get the front lip from RRM. And if your just getting the front bumper of whichever kit you want, I think your front end will look wierd considering its prolly going to be lower since you have an ES and you don't have the sideskirts that the OZ has, or the rear lip that the RA has, so I dunno, I think it's gonna look wierd IMO.

as for rims, I think it will depend on what size you want I guess.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 06:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rims - go to SubyDude's thread in the Lancer Vendor forums. They sell Rota wheels - good wheels and great prices. You should be able to find something you like and stay close to $500 for the set.

Insurance - can't help ya on that, as I've never claimed anything (sad but true, since I've had a few accidents). Best option - ASK YOUR AGENT. They'll be able to honestly guesstimate how much your rates will go up. Just remember one thing - you pay him/her. So if they're less than helpful, remind them you can take your payments elsewhere...
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

let the insurance pay for it.. its already claimed and they know about it.. so if there goin to raise your rates they will weather they pay out for it or not
Old Jun 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

i found a local guy selling a set of 4 of these 17" konigs with no tires for $230. All wheels are straight, one of them has scratches. Is that a good deal? Or should i settle with one of the ones in the following link http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/174989404.html
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by arnold16890
i recently crashed my car, and you can see pics and the story in the link in my sig. i went to a shop called reliance autobody shop today, the manager told me i can choose aftermarket parts with the insurance money. Because I crashed the front bumper and effed up 2 wheels, i get to decide what aftermarket bumper and rims to get.

im thinking evo8 conversion just the front bumper maybe? or should i just jump to the 06 oem ralliart bumper? are accolade and rrm the only companies that make body kits for 04 lancers? i looked the the accolade site, the best looking one is the evo8 wanna-be kit... im not sure i'll be flamed or watever if i get that... but the rest of the kits really arent thatttt good looking...

and as for rims, may i ask for some advices on what brand i can get within my $500 budget (used or new rims)? thank you in advance

i actually have another question... if i already called insurance and its sending an adjuster to the body shop next week, can i still change my mind and not let the insurance pay for it? i mean, if the repair is like $4000, but i have to pay like $1000 more for insurance every 6 months for 3 years.... it might not be worth it. any clue how high my insurance might go?
Sorry to hear about the crash.

I personally hate the 06 RA bumper so i wouldnt recommend that. You can go with the RRM body kit which has some nice reviews from other members. Accolade also has some nice kits but they take forever to ship so i am not sure if u want to wait that long. I personally wouldnt just get the aftermarket bumper becuase it will look really ugly without any ground effects such as side skirts or a rear bumper lip. You can just get the OEM 04 ES bumper and get a front lip form the RRM which will be easiet to do at this moment.

As far as rims go, i dont really know which ones will look good on your car since ur car is blue. The best ones i can think of are probalby glossy black w/ silver polished lip. I would recommend searching on HONDA/ACURA forums for the wheels since ur budget is less than $500.

As far as dealing with the insurance companies, it all depends on how the crash occured. If the crash involved other party (other car & people) and u are at fault than your insurance rates will still go up due to the fact that other party will file claims against u which might involve bodily injury and property damage to them. Your insurance company would be responsible for paying those damages. If your crash did not involve other party than u can fix it with ur money and ur rates will more likely stay the same. As a side note, i wouldn't recommend dealing without the insurance company becuase u never know when the other party will file a bodily injury claim against u (remember they have 2 years to file it......so u never know). Insurance companies exist for a reason so that u dont have to go thru the hassle of hiring ur own attorney and settling those injury claims on ur own.

Good luck !!!

Last edited by 04lancerEsGuy; Jun 24, 2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

there was no other party involved, just me my car and the curb.

and hmm yea im still deciding on the bumper... probably just gonna stick with oem no lip no nothing...
but what you guys think about the konig rims? are they good for the price?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 08:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get the Konigs. Good deal.