Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Group Buy On Rmr Intakes!!

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone can convince me that this is better than an AEM CAI, put my name in... But if no one can't.. Then im sorry... I got cash right now and im just waiting for Rob to reply... But if someone can convince me, then i may save money, which is better... And by the way, i dont have a credit card and i live somewhere in the Pacific.. Guam USA to be specific... PM me pls. whoever is handling the GB.. Thank you..
Old May 26, 2003, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

whats the count up too, and current price?
Old May 26, 2003, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

alright: to import speedzz:
If you drive an automatic, this is worth it. it eliminates the junky filter you have now along with that giant black box that circulates the air around the filter taking the air longer to get to the engine. this one uses the front air scoop but gets rid of the box and also uses the original piping from the engine to the filter.

the aem cai is better, but for manual transmission. the automatic transmission blocks the opening underneath the car where the aem cai needs to come out. the only way to get around it would be to spend more money and get the piping custom bent which will just make it a longer more dificult route for the air to travel to the engine. so for automatics, short ram is the way to go and at the moment the best one out there is the RMR short ram intake. For manuals, i would say go with the aem cai. Hope that helped you out!

To psionic98:
The count of people that gave me info is only 9. we need 15 people in total to be able to get the price to $132 w/o shipping. the more people we get the cheaper we could possibly go.
Old May 26, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

sorry guys, ive decided not to get an intake..i have other things i have to use my money on
Old May 26, 2003, 10:41 PM

Come on only 6 more people needed
Old May 26, 2003, 10:44 PM

Oops wrong face
Old May 27, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Is the status still only 9 people? Damn, waiting sucks big goat nuts... if I have to wait any longer I might as well start saving for a CAI or the cat back exhaust I was looking at... Who all is in right now?

I never did a confirm PM from you rklancer, you did get my PM right? cause I'm in so long as we can get the price down... PM me if you need me to resend my info...

Shingen

PS- If the price doesn't get down to the 132 price, before shipping, then I'm going to just get out... sorry, I'm a college student and the 132 bucks is begging to be spent on women and drinks...
Old May 27, 2003, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in!!!!!!! I'll pm you my info.
Old May 28, 2003, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

To shingen:
we got 8 people now, i'm really hope the number magincally jumps to 15 people real soon cause i to am growing impatient. i want that for $132, hope it works out soon
and yes i did receive your info thanks!

As for the rest of you....hurry up and send in your INFO!!!! Pm so we can get this group buy underway
Old May 29, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Old May 30, 2003, 12:38 AM

Yo man im dwn, i have been looking at this intake and it looks best. and to all of you out there doing the cai thing. I say ditch that, it doesn't offer that must more hp, plus this you never have to worry bout the water intake thing. and then, for those of us who are daring and bold, im down to put a functional hood scoop, yeah that **** is tight. That will by far blow cai out of the water. just got to be able to cut a hole in your hood and then cover i up in the rain and snow, but in my opinion defiantely original and definately the ****. so yeah put me in, pm me for any info and let me know where we stand in terms of numbers. peace!@
Old May 31, 2003, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

topperoo

we need more!
Old May 31, 2003, 10:47 PM

how many people do we got now?
Old Jun 1, 2003, 05:23 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by import_speedzz
If someone can convince me that this is better than an AEM CAI, put my name in... But if no one can't.. Then im sorry... I got cash right now and im just waiting for Rob to reply... But if someone can convince me, then i may save money, which is better... And by the way, i dont have a credit card and i live somewhere in the Pacific.. Guam USA to be specific... PM me pls. whoever is handling the GB.. Thank you..
I did a lot of research before buying an intake, and I found the RMR one to be the intake to post the best hp gain. I talked to people with the AEM and Injen ones who experienced minor parts breaking, leaving them to mickey mouse a little. You also need to open the side grill in order to get fresh air to those CAIs. The RMR one uses the stock scoop, which is high and safer from water, although a little small (I found an alternative to this if you check my registry). RRM one is very similar to the RMR one, so if you're considering that one, it's a toss as long as you can route fresh air to the RRM one somehow (either secure the stock scoop in place or build your own). There, that's my .02
Old Jun 1, 2003, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

count me in... keep me updated on how many people

Quick Reply: Group Buy On Rmr Intakes!!