Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer and EVO interiors Identical??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer and EVO interiors Identical??

Does anyone know if the regular Lancer and the EVO's interiors are identical as far as the dimensions and sizes? I know that most of the interior is the same except for the steering wheel, seats and all that little stuff. But I'm curious about the overall size and dimensions. I ask this because I'm looking to get a Cusco cage and they're only made for EVO's. I didn't know if it would bolt right into a Lancer or not. If the dimensions are the same, it should work. But if they aren't, then depending on how different they are I may try to make it fit. But it all depends on how different they are, if they are different at all. So if anyone knows the answer to this that would be a huge help. Oh, and I tried searching for other threads about this but the search function doesn't seem to be working right now.

Thanks everyone!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Well, it'd be hard for me to believe that "all" mounting points for this Evo cage would fit into our Lancers. Of course that's dependant on where all the mounting points are... Maybe find an Evo owner with that cage and ask where are the mounting points are and match the locations up to the Lancer's?

Just a thought...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

I would suggest calling up the manufacturer and asking for the technical documentation. im sure they have a schematic showing the proper mount points and dimensions.

the other option is to ask them when you call if they know about the interchangeability between them. Also, if the cage fits, but the mount points are off, you could get a local machine shop to fabricate you an adapter of some sort.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Even the mounting points aren't a huge issue because I can always have something custom made up, but my main concern is clearance issues. I don't want to get the cage and have it not even fit into the car because the roof isn't as high as an EVO's or something like that. I was hoping someone would know off the top of their head wether or not our interiors are the same dimensions. If no one knows, I'll have to start getting measurements from cusco and inside my car and see if it will fit that way.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't read about anything measurements for either cars interior, but I can't image their being to much of a difference. For starters, if the OEM vortex gen fits both versions then the widith of the top is the same...
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Should be the same.