Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

vin #

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
answered

I put in an RRM header and I'm looking to replace the header gaskets as well. One was in especially bad shape. Where can I find the vin # for this part? Dealership said they couldn't look up the part any other way

Last edited by WangMan; Oct 20, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

All you really need is the VIN # for your car.... They'll give you any part from there. Look on your dash towards the edge on the drivers side. Look at your Title. Look on your registration card or insurance card. Look on the side of the door.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WangMan
I put in an RRM header and I'm looking to replace the header gaskets as well. One was in especially bad shape. Where can I find the vin # for this part? Dealership said they couldn't look up the part any other way
Hate to break it to ya, but he was just being lazy . Anyway, part numbers you are looking for are MR497557 and MB687002. I have both of them in stock, cost ya just under $20 plus shipping if you are still looking.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

thanks, i was just bein stupid. I was thinking of the part number when the dealer told me i needed the vin #. If they have the parts in stock, I'll buy them locally to avoid shipping, otherwise i'll send ya a message.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

thanks, i was just bein stupid. I was thinking of the part number when the dealer told me i needed the vin #. If they have the parts in stock, I'll buy them locally to avoid shipping, otherwise i'll send ya a message.
No prob man!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just from what I recall, Spins4's price may be cheaper. Most online dealerships make their money from not gouging you as bad as your home dealership (which thrives off people like you coming in for parts). But I could be wrong.

Still nice to see a helpful vendor...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Just from what I recall, Spins4's price may be cheaper. Most online dealerships make their money from not gouging you as bad as your home dealership (which thrives off people like you coming in for parts). But I could be wrong.

Still nice to see a helpful vendor...
Exactly! Its pricing matrix BS. Say I did no discount, and he walked in asking for those same parts, the "retail" price would have cost him just over $40! Where as here, I set up both Club DSM and EVOM members discounts. How good is the discount, well, I give you guys 25% off list , which is actually better than the majority of my wholesale customers get.

And Blacksheepdj, thanks for the compliment. Even if he didn't buy it from me, it's all good. I just like being the helpful vendor..lol Thats why I'm ALWAYS on the "part number request" threads
Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

well if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have ever known about Spins4 being a legit-Mitsu-Part-Vendor!
Old Oct 20, 2006, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
well if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have ever known about Spins4 being a legit-Mitsu-Part-Vendor!
I know, I need to get my **** in gear and get up the big intro/advertisement this weekend. Tough trying to juggle 80 things at once lately..lol
Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
I know, I need to get my **** in gear and get up the big intro/advertisement this weekend. Tough trying to juggle 80 things at once lately..lol

Haha o man, I live in Worcester, your service department looking for Any techs =P I work for Ford. BAH. The Mitsu dealer closes to me is a dick (Westboro)

Dident know there was a Mitsu dealer in walpole, you'll be hearing from me for parts =P
Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Synthrocker
Haha o man, I live in Worcester, your service department looking for Any techs =P I work for Ford. BAH. The Mitsu dealer closes to me is a dick (Westboro)

Dident know there was a Mitsu dealer in walpole, you'll be hearing from me for parts =P

Haha..ya I hear that alot about them. As for if they are looking for techs, I couldn't tell ya, but wouldn't hurt if ya even stopped in to inquire.