Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Traded in my lancer for an rx8 but....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Traded in my lancer for an rx8 but....

thank god they tried to raise the interest rate. I had the rx8 for 10 days and its a nice car and everything, but i went in not knowing much about the car and based it on looks.......the car has about 4 diffrent recalls on it that i wasnt aware of, including the engine which is not good at all......i was almost stuck with a nice car, but not knowing if the car will be reliable in a couple years is not worth any money, so the moral of the story is, really do your homework on whatever car your going to get next or you could regret it in the longrun,

i dont suggest buying an rx8 to anybody, nice car and gets alot of attention and people reving at you, but just too many problems with the rotary engine and its not all that fast and cracked up to be, this is why the car is so cheap these days, dealers are trying to get rid of them and not let people know the real problems with them

im glad to have my baby back and i was getting tired of not having some HP, but when you take something stock and build it up to something respectable, no new car with tons of hp can give you that feeling of you building it up and making it that way

now back to the drawing board
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

rotary engines are nice. but they require frequent maintenance. they handle nice...but they're not a fast car.

why did you go from a RX8 to a lancer es? why not evo =P
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

thats crazy.. so they simply took the rx8 back and gave you your lancer back?

I love them rx8. Rotarys can make huge power and even tho they arnt reliable they are fun. haha
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

haha if it was that easy to get fiananced for an evo believe me man i would do it, but i got the rx8 for 16,999 , now if there was an evo for that price i would of been all over it.......

i dont have the best credit, so i will just have to save for another year and get what i really want

one way or another, the day will come unless i die or some crap
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

have you looked at a used s2k?
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

really thats what i thought mitzo, but according to people over at rx8club.com its just too much money for no bang on this specific rotary, unless of course you go greddy turbo, but if you have a faulty engine and you turbo, you are #$@$ OUTTA LUCK if something goes wrong, yes thats with pretty much all cars, but atleast the evo is factory turbo'd so its all good with the warranty

its just not worth it and im glad they gave me back my lancer for now.....

by the way the new sti limited looks pretty sick
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

ooh. okay. thats cool. just take that lancer and slap a fat turbo on it. lol
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

your lancer is going to be PISSED you traded it in. make sure it doesn't try to kill you the next time you drive it.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

well i had to put down 1500 for the rx8, so i guess i can use that money for a turbo, but im going to trade this car in regardless, because i want a real evo so i might just save the money towards a down payment and hope the prices go down a bit within the next year
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

""your lancer is going to be PISSED you traded it in. make sure it doesn't try to kill you the next time you drive it. ""

haha yes i already asked for her out most forgiveness, but shes still ignoring me
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

i would save if I was you. Remember, you can find great deals on evos on this site. although... mabey not in oregon. lol
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

ahh man why u gotta bash oregon like that haha

its probably a good thing i dont see too many evos or they would probably egg my car while flying by me
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

haha. no worrys.. I live in Maine... go figure.. only like 2 evos in this whole state... lol.

like was said. a s2k is also a great alternative if your looking for a 2 door car.
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

You could meet halfway and get a Ralliart. Little more "umph" I hear. (Personally, I'm looking for an RX-7 for abusing on the race track.)
Old Oct 31, 2006 | 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsaneswhocares
well i had to put down 1500 for the rx8, so i guess i can use that money for a turbo, but im going to trade this car in regardless, because i want a real evo so i might just save the money towards a down payment and hope the prices go down a bit within the next year
If that's the case you should've held on to the lancer a bit longer and gotten an Evo. And I wouldn't turbo charge the RX8 (if thats your option) cause it's not worth the money for the power you get and it's just going to be more maintenance and shop time in the long run.

Quick Reply: Traded in my lancer for an rx8 but....