Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer owners - I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
put them in photobucket, or anywhere else online you can post pics, then just get the link to the pics and put them in your post in the image thing
Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with this idea 100%. Ive been on here a while now, daily. and It doesnt change (us lancer section) anyhow.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Been here for 2 years and yes i do agree that we are loosing the quality of the content in Lancers sections. I see the increasing number of threads with same kind of questions instead of less number of threads with more qualitative responses.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Doug, this means that next time we put something on my car we have to make sure take the time to take a lot of good pics. It is definitley a good idea. I've noticed the Lancer section generally lacking. I hope this brings it back to life!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

i'm all for any and all additions to the lancer part of this site, i stumbled upon evom a little while ago and i love it. there's tons of information here and the more information we can put up the better!

i should have written up an article on dealing with snapped bolts and the drilling and re-tapping that followed when i had issues with my sway bar perches. then again i snap so many bolts on my car thanks to the new england winters i am surprised that's ALL i have had to drill and re-tap so far.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

I believe the problem is that the lancer section is full of teenagers and most (not all) have immature attitudes and would rather make jokes to get attention rather than help out. The evo section on the other hand is full of more mature adults who can afford the car and make more meaningful posts and threads most of the time. The immaturity really needs to stop. Also I'm all for more technical discussions here. I love reading new stuff and actually gaining knowledge about the car I will be messing with for probably a good part of the rest of my life.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

^^

I agree. A tech section of some sort would be great... *as long as* like was said, vendors become active in conversations, with pics of products and actually help.

Half the time questions are asked towards vendors and they respond but dont actually answer questons. Half the issue is the vendors I think. They put their product out there but dont explain much about it. A2 designs which isnt a vendor but the owner is actually in threads answering questions. I know more about A2's products then I do RRM's........

Last edited by mitsuozboi; Nov 30, 2006 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

very true, most vendors only pop in to tell people to check out their site or give them a call or make comments trying to put down other companies. No real advice or help publicly from them. this whole sections maturity is just going down the drain.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I disagree on the maturity thing, the age demographic is pretty similar in both the evo and the lancer forums and the same style of responses come up for certain questions (like how do I make my BOV louder or why can't I do a burnout).
I think the big difference is that people are doing new (or somewhat new) things still while in the lancer boards it's pretty much the same thing over and over again. How often does someone ask about a basic catback exhaust, or an intake or headers (should be header)? These are things that have been around for years and for the members that have been around for a while it just gets monotonous. I really like the idea of lancer articles, it might help to make new members aware of whats out there, what works and the different styles they can go for rather than simply rely on what they saw in magazines or heard about from a friend.
A possible idea would be to have an article about different kinds of lancers, ie. the show lancers (like Kontradiction back in the days of yore or OZlancer1), the turbo lancers (like Boe, Z_Lancer_Man), NA lancers (WADAD, Drucea if he ever gets that damn TB installed), etc..
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

haha that damn manifold will get on eventually. I went running in shorts and a T-shirt late last night, then this morning I was freezing even with jeans and a hoodie on, and it was pooring. So as long as its nice and sunny I will try to get it on soon. And yeah, those repeat questions come up a lot and get annoying. Here's an idea, could we maybe (if we know the answer definately) delete the thread and PM the OP the answer?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

^^^+1 Amby, same posts all the time get way old sometimes. That usually leads to the sarcasm. Thats why if we care, unless it's between friends, we shouldn't joke so much and keep the personal stuff in PM's. The anger isn't good either, and I don't want to step on toes here, but, sometime the mods come off a little harsh when they respond to a newb post and it kinda sets the tone for the whole thread.

Also, I think the vendors need to be more involved with helping people with their products. I mean I know Rock from RRM is on here quite often telling people to give him a call, and, or giving tips, but I know more about RRM's products than say A2's. So maybe vendors could be somewhat more available and thorough when they post. They might get tired of it, but without us their not selling too many products.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

deleting a thread a pm'ing an answer to a "noob" thread is a great idea.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

I think i'll be taking over as suspension guy around here. Replacing Brian (UrbanKnight) from back in the days, I have a WHOLE line of things ready to install.

Things to be installed:
- Tein SuperStreet Coilovers
- Progress Anti-Sway bar w/ autocross perches
- Front K bar

(non-suspension plans)
Already purchased a set of Evo HID headlights complete with everything. Im going to tear it up and retrofit the projector into my Lancer's headlights as well as the HID's.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Totally agree. The "tech forums" need a few more technical threads. Especially in the lancer engine management section. I'm in the process of making a nice tuning guide. Look for it in the next month or so.

Definatly like to see some new life brought to these forums!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 08:57 PM

i hear ya

yeah i know what you mean by use bein the first here and we are here to stay, just to show them evo boys what we are made of, but the unfortenate thing is its to late for me to post pics cause i just recently decide to sell my lancer sorry bout that but its time for a change

Quick Reply: Lancer owners - I'm calling you out