Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer owners - I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'd be happy to help with NA mods, I'm hoping to get a ported cylinder head, camshaft and such from A2 designs relatively soon. First comes coilovers though.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
deleting a thread a pm'ing an answer to a "noob" thread is a great idea.
^^I agree with this, just as long as the mod is sure he knows what he is talking about and not just giving his opinion.

I know I need to straighten up some, I have been giving a lot of useless responses here latley. I hope that we can clean things up in here. I will try.

I will also try and treat all the noobs a little better and not just make fun of them. I remember when I was new to this site and I was kind of afraid to post anything cause I didnt want to get flammed. I think we (including myself) should make the newbs feel welcome and try to keep them here.

And the article thing would be nice too. When (if) I get my wheel situation with my spacers and all the powder coating done I will post all the info on offset with plenty of pics. And I will try and do the bodykit install by the spring.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds great! I'll help out also, I have a long road ahead of me as far as parts go.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to get my installation of my dual throttle bodies up when I actually do it.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

This is a perfect Idea. Finally, our "Lancer" Section is getting a well Deserved Tweak.

The thing w/ noobies is, they forget to use the "search" function. Also, alot have never really been on a forum so they still need to familiarize themselves with the functions. They'll go through the page tabs and only get about maybe stuff going as far back to 2005 if lucky.

Run a search option for anything you want pretaining to the lancer and you'll get stuff from way back in the day ( 2002 )... Reminisce OT's.

-david.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Deleted "repeat threads" is a bad idea, if you ask me. If the thread is a repeat, answer it politely and let it go. That way, the next guy that searches can find your answer. If you delete it, then what happens? People search, find 3-year-old threads, decide EvoM is crap, and they go away.

The whole idea of this message board is discussion. Yeah, maybe we've answered it before, but let's answer it again. Maybe someone has some new info they'd like to talk about.

You know?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

I understand about what your saying, but there is still a problem. We have to coninually visit that thread to delete flaming and what not, then it ends up going completely off topic, and usually the question never actually gets answered, so when searching for an answer, you don't get 4-5 threads with answers, you get 4-5 threads with off topic comments, peoples opinions, arguements, ending in an un-answered question. Maybe rather than deleting it, we could remove anything that doesn't help the thread at all, get the question answered correctly, then close it, that way the answer is available (however many times it is asked), but it avoids a lot of touch up every time someone wants to flame the noob.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Sometimes there won't be an answer to a question.

The useless stuff can just give you ideas as to what route you can take or shouldn't take.

Catch my drift?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Glad to see that regular Lancers guys will be more active on the forum for the good of the community. Help Lancer guys, help Lancer guys!

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

This is great! I definitely feel that the lancer community these days is neglected. There are many people who look at the lancer as a car of shame. That attitude should be changed around!

I am not extremely useful in tech discussion yet, but i'm getting there. any way I can contribute I will. i am a published author by the way
Old Dec 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

I'm in! Well, next time I do something important to my car I mean. I'd just like to say that this is a great idea.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 05:51 PM

i'm happy to hear this, as for me the reason i layed back on the forum was because everyone keeps comparing the lancer to the EVO or trying to make their lancer an EVO. I love my lancer to death, being a turner is not what car you drive or ow much you have. eing a true turner is being creative and making your ride represent you. The thruth BE PROUD YOU HAVE A LANCER, lancer modded rigt hold there own any day or time.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

amen to this. spread the word.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 to everything. lol
Old Dec 2, 2006, 07:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ROCK
Glad to see that regular Lancers guys will be more active on the forum for the good of the community. Help Lancer guys, help Lancer guys!

ROAD/RACE
We'd like to see the same from you, buddy. We haven't gotten many tech articles from our Lancer vendors (other than your Ralliart one) in quite a while. And that "Lancer Build-up Guide" is horribly out of date.

Quick Reply: Lancer owners - I'm calling you out