Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer owners - I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now, this is what I mean. Go to the Features section of the site.

Nice article, recently done - https://www.evolutionm.net/features/article/evomtech/77

Product review from two months ago - https://www.evolutionm.net/features/...vomfeatures/74

=========================================

Now, let's check the Lancer area.

US Lancer section - Two articles. Most recent is 11/21/2002.

RRM Corner - Six articles, but nothing since 2003.

What does that show me? That the Lancer folks aren't trying.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool.. I never even look at the features section. Mabey I need to start. I love doing product reviews and install how- to's Lotta fun actually.

Thats crazy really. nothing for more then 3 years. Ive read those but didnt know I could submit stuff. Have members allways been able to write articles? How do you go about doing that..
Old Dec 2, 2006, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor

ROAD/RACE corner has been coverd over so bad. I thought to add to it bu I could barely find it.You are right we need to add to it but maybe if it is made a sticky or something. Otherwise, we even link to it from our site to get some info out and bring folks to EVOM. Anyway my commnet wasn't a dig at EVOM. Was is taken that way? Cause if it was then it is on! Point is that all involved forget we are helpers and therefore make money from this too. We still answer questions in posts about general stuff(nothing to do with our products). I see other vendors post to a problem threads making no attempt to help. To them it is jus an interesting titled thread to post up their SIG. For a while I was too busy to do it as much as I liked to. But 2 major back surgerys in 9 months has got me down. Guess I am not the help I used to be. I can't sit at the computer and write 500 essays like I used to. Still in the Lancer area, I am 100% sure we have done more, helped more, than all of our competitiors combined. We will still try to do more but don't bury the Lancer features!

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ROCK
ROAD/RACE corner has been coverd over so bad. I thought to add to it bu I could barely find it.You are right we need to add to it but maybe if it is made a sticky or something. Otherwise, we even link to it from our site to get some info out and bring folks to EVOM. Anyway my commnet wasn't a dig at EVOM. Was is taken that way? Cause if it was then it is on! Point is that all involved forget we are helpers and therefore make money from this too. We still answer questions in posts about general stuff(nothing to do with our products). I see other vendors post to a problem threads making no attempt to help. To them it is jus an interesting titled thread to post up their SIG. For a while I was too busy to do it as much as I liked to. But 2 major back surgerys in 9 months has got me down. Guess I am not the help I used to be. I can't sit at the computer and write 500 essays like I used to. Still in the Lancer area, I am 100% sure we have done more, helped more, than all of our competitiors combined. We will still try to do more but don't bury the Lancer features!

ROAD/RACE
You could have a link in your signature. I'm not sure about stickying feature articles. I think the new ones show on the website and the rest just go in their little sections. I will say that if you do some nice essays and talk to Ali, the RRM corner could probably get moved out of "Special Features" and maybe into a better spot.

No, I didn't take it as a dig. I just felt like you were saying that the members will be doing more articles and I wanted to remind you that we'd love to have tech articles from RRM too. And as we all know, I don't really do "subtle."

I know you don't always have time to hammer out article after article. But even if you popped out one every six months, it'd be a nice thing for the community. Hell, get an employee to do it. Or the wife. Or get a "friend of RRM" to do it and put your name on it! I just want to see some articles like you used to do, even if you only do them every once in a while.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 04:42 PM
Former Sponsor

You are mostly right. I can do it or at least get someone to bang one out that we can fine tune and document. But if it is buried then........ I honestly had trouble finding ROAD/RACE Corner after while. Just make the feature section better linked or promote it. That way people can find all the deature stuff better.

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I will suggest it to Ali now.

But you gotta give us some material to work with. It's hard for me to go "hey, can we make the 3-year-old articles more of a showpiece of the feature section?"

It's a bit of give-and-take, as I'm sure you know.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:34 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm working on a new and more in-depth "upgrade path", and no it will not be vendor biased... for those who think that I will make it such.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 10:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Chicken or the egg? Chicken or the egg?

I have something on our website that I will modify and send in for addition the RR Corner. Deal?

ROAD/RACE
Old Dec 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ROCK
Chicken or the egg? Chicken or the egg?

I have something on our website that I will modify and send in for addition the RR Corner. Deal?

ROAD/RACE
Sounds good to me. I already contacted Ali about giving you a better location.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im certainly down for meaningful discussion. the reason i spend most of my Evom time in OT is because there is so little discussion about the meat of the cars and how to improve or customize them in any way. all people do is flame and bash and leghump the vendors. . . sounds great to me
Old Dec 4, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I completely forgot about the features section and don't even remember where it is, or that members could submit stuff or I'd be all over it.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
EvoM Guru

it might be off topic, but what about a product review forum or feature? i thought there was one that was in limbo, but i'd love to see it working. reviews people can get to, i think, are a great help for buyers.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It's been about 3 weeks. Any news? Anyone got anything for me?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rhyzin
it might be off topic, but what about a product review forum or feature? i thought there was one that was in limbo, but i'd love to see it working. reviews people can get to, i think, are a great help for buyers.
i like that idea, instead of searching threw cluttered threads for reviews and answers have a nice clean one on products
Old Dec 18, 2006, 03:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

We used to have them. Had problems wth bickering and content. I'm not opposed to having them again personally, but it seems they were widely underutilized and abused.

Quick Reply: Lancer owners - I'm calling you out