Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer owners - I'm calling you out

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2006, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lancer owners - I'm calling you out

Do you have a Lancer?
Do you have a camera?
Can you write well?

Then get on it.

After talking to Ali (the site owner, if you didn't know), he really wants to get things going in the Lancer section. For a lot of people, the Lancer section of Evolutionm.net is just a 2nd thought. We were here first. Lancers came in 2001 when fans were still drooling over JDM Evos. We started this **** when it was Lancerforums.com. So why are we the "little brothers" on the site?

In recent times, there's been a lot of rudeness and bad attitudes. We've lost some really key members who were/are doing some special stuff. This needs to stop.

We need to start showing that the Lancers are important too. We need some feature articles about Lancers. We need some good tech discussion. We need to have some serious community.

There's talk about starting a "Lancer Technical Discussion" forum like the Evo owners have. Can we make that work? Can you folks who are out there doing serious stuff start deep, thoughtful conversation about it? Can our vendors do some contributing through articles and discussion instead of only advertising?

If you do something cool with your car, take pictures and write up and article about it. We'll feature you on the Features section of the site. If you are (or are thinking about) trying something new and cool, post about it and get a discussion going.

Let's make something out of this section. Let's put Lancers back on the map.

Whaddya say?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see your point for example the most of the ads and publicity is for evos that sucks; so you see al that beautifull parts in the online stores but they are for evos, deam all is for evos!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds great
I say why not? We have many Lancer owners who would help contribute anyway possible.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

firstly, i dont even know who Ali is.. none the less did i know he owned this site..

secondly, i feel like the Lancer section of Evom is the best on the net.. the community is very helpful.. and there are tons of very insightful topics including numerous how-tos that i read just because someone took the time to write them up.. i believe that the lancer community has lessened because the fact that these cars are not as 'hot' as they were when they first came out.. and it doesnt help that everytime someone puts an evo related mod on their lancer.. someone tells them to go get an evo.. we need to respect each others taste.. another thing i HATE is when someone asks a 'noob' question and they get 'flamed'.. if some1 asks a question that has been asked before.. just tell them something along the lines of "be advised this question has been asked before but heres a link to a topic anyway".. the search function does get some getting used to.. and most of you guys can most likely find topics than someone brand new to the site.. i cant begin to count how many forums i has left over the last few years because i got tired of reading topics that were 90% 'flaming' and nobody just answers the question.. we need to help everybody as much as possible.. no matter how 'noob' their question is.. if everyone just put in some 411 we would have more new members.. and not just a few old members..

ooh yea and everyone need to go post their Lancers up in my "Post your Lancer topic"..

just my .02
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug, I like the idea of this, but it is has to be closely moderated. I hope it brings out and maybe brings back some of the people that really know what they are doing and have some original ideas.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by CadiLuva
firstly, i dont even know who Ali is.. none the less did i know he owned this site..

secondly, i feel like the Lancer section of Evom is the best on the net.. the community is very helpful.. and there are tons of very insightful topics including numerous how-tos that i read just because someone took the time to write them up.. i believe that the lancer community has lessened because the fact that these cars are not as 'hot' as they were when they first came out.. and it doesnt help that everytime someone puts an evo related mod on their lancer.. someone tells them to go get an evo.. we need to respect each others taste.. another thing i HATE is when someone asks a 'noob' question and they get 'flamed'.. if some1 asks a question that has been asked before.. just tell them something along the lines of "be advised this question has been asked before but heres a link to a topic anyway".. the search function does get some getting used to.. and most of you guys can most likely find topics than someone brand new to the site.. i cant begin to count how many forums i has left over the last few years because i got tired of reading topics that were 90% 'flaming' and nobody just answers the question.. we need to help everybody as much as possible.. no matter how 'noob' their question is.. if everyone just put in some 411 we would have more new members.. and not just a few old members..

ooh yea and everyone need to go post their Lancers up in my "Post your Lancer topic"..

just my .02
I know what you mean. We do have great forums with some great threads. But it'd be nice to get some more going.

I'd really like us to see a "Tech Discussion" forum with big, deep discussion.
I'd really like to see some feature articles on this site that are about Lancers and not just Evos.

Fact is, I don't have a Lancer right now. So I can't really do much (although next time I mod my friend's car, I'm doing an article, by golly). I'd like to see our community be a community and not just a bunch of people who post.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Kurt
Doug, I like the idea of this, but it is has to be closely moderated. I hope it brings out and maybe brings back some of the people that really know what they are doing and have some original ideas.
Totally agree 100%.

Between you, me and the other Lancer mods, we have a pretty good staff going now. I think we could handle it. We just need the content...
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by CadiLuva
another thing i HATE is when someone asks a 'noob' question and they get 'flamed'.. if some1 asks a question that has been asked before.. just tell them something along the lines of "be advised this question has been asked before but heres a link to a topic anyway".. the search function does get some getting used to.. and most of you guys can most likely find topics than someone brand new to the site.. i cant begin to count how many forums i has left over the last few years because i got tired of reading topics that were 90% 'flaming' and nobody just answers the question.. we need to help everybody as much as possible.. no matter how 'noob' their question is.. if everyone just put in some 411 we would have more new members.. and not just a few old members..
just my .02

Read rule #2 for me.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
So if we install something or get something installed, like say coilovers, we can write an article about it?
Old Nov 30, 2006, 11:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ambystom01
So if we install something or get something installed, like say coilovers, we can write an article about it?
Sure. Or you can go as far as doing a review on how they handle maybe after having them for a few months.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:08 PM
spt
Evolved Member

Hey guys,

The whole point of this is to make the site a better place for new and existing users. The direction I'm trying to take (with everyone's help) is to get more technical info out there for people to benefit from.

Lancers are the foundation of this site. I feel that in recent years that this section hasn't been getting the deserved attention it needs to become a stronger section. There are a ton of owners out there who are doing great things with their cars, but it's rarely seen on the site (in general). I want that to change. I know it won't be easy and I may be asking for too much, but I think it can be done.

One item I think we can start on is developing basic guides to help newbie's understand what they are dealing with when comes to the lancer (basic modification routes, do's and don'ts, etc). Also it would be alot easier to address repetitive questions by linking the new user to this guide.

Another item we can work on is what Blacksheepdj is suggesting. The attitude needs to change, not only on a user level, but on a vendor level. We constantly get new users on this forum and it would be nice to give them a reason to stay. The only way to do that is to have better discussions and less drama.

Keep mind these are only suggestions, so if anyone has more things to add to help the cause then please post it up.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DJ, if you need anything specific covered in writing, let me know. i'm still a writer

mark
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

I have two cameras, videos, and writing skills too. Check A2 designs pulley review and you will find it there. RRM's thread with high compression pistons....you have videos, pictures, even dyno graph. It's all there, it sux nobody had this idea earlier.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 12:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Mark and Greg - sounds great.

Take the info you have, slap it into something more manageable (PDF, Word document, etc) and get it to someone like me or Ali (spt). We'll get something going in the Features section. We need some new articles. Just a glance at the "Latest Features" section of the homepage shows one article that's NOT an Evo, and it's a Ralliart. So that means we haven't had a Lancer article in quite a while.

If you want a guideline, look at the feature articles on the site to get a rough idea how to set up your review, etc.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds awsome. as soon as i figure out how to post pics ill be on it. i have a few custom jobs ive done my self so ill post them asap

Quick Reply: Lancer owners - I'm calling you out