Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Do's & Don'ts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try to have balance and your own style. don't buy rims, because this guys car looks good with them. try and be diffrent and stand out from the rest. if money is an issue, don't even bother modding a lancer to be fast unless your going all out. know what you own and what its capable of and appreciate it for what it is.

don't let a piece of metal take over your life. enjoy what you have at the time, because nobody will probably even care about any of these cars in 10-20 years. people grow out of the lifestyle of modding all the time. keep it a hobby and leave it at that. i'm enjoying my time RIGHT NOW trying to mod a lancer, but will i outgrow it? most likely and that's just being honest
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I've seen the word "RICER" posted all over this forum as in "dont do that that's ricer" but seriously what is a Lancer? It's a RICER. No matter what you do to it you can't change the fact that it is a RICER unless there is a different meaning Im missing. All in all it was born a RICER (and unless you strap a V8 under the hood have some hugh a** pipes comming out of the side or back and convert it to a RWD) it is going to die a RICER. But I can be totally wrong on the def of a RICER seeing as how it means so many diff things to diff people. So I say someone please post at the beginning of this thread the definition of RICER so we all know what we're referencing to.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well there is ricer in the sense of how rednecks see any import car.

and then there is ricer in the sense of douchebag honda civics with massive wings. Thats the type of thing we mean when we say something is ricey, or ricer or whatever. hideous decals, scaffolding wings, neons galore, NOS stickers everywhere, thats ricey.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:18 AM
Account Disabled

A car itself if not RICE, but it can be made rice.
Try these OT threads for a little more "depth"
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=236719
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=rice
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31906
A vid (I hate the song)
:http://youtube.com/watch?v=waefAjjkNQU

-Grey_Fox

Last edited by Grey_Fox; Dec 7, 2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SnapDragun
I've seen the word "RICER" posted all over this forum as in "dont do that that's ricer" but seriously what is a Lancer? It's a RICER. No matter what you do to it you can't change the fact that it is a RICER unless there is a different meaning Im missing. All in all it was born a RICER (and unless you strap a V8 under the hood have some hugh a** pipes comming out of the side or back and convert it to a RWD) it is going to die a RICER. But I can be totally wrong on the def of a RICER seeing as how it means so many diff things to diff people. So I say someone please post at the beginning of this thread the definition of RICER so we all know what we're referencing to.
Please watch this video kindly made by Johnny the Ricer for a brief explanation of what a ricer is

Video from Streetfire

if you found that funny watch this one too
Video
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

to make it simple

all a ricer is .....is a person with horrible taste
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

yes, a car = rice
ricer = person that does stupid mods to their cars (big metal wings that dont flow with the rest of the car)
Old Dec 7, 2006, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wanna watch this thread!

ROAD/RACE
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Do: search, research and read as much on evom about a modification or part BEFORE buying anything.
Don't: ask me what looks better on your car. You have eyes and an imagination, use them.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:11 PM

DO: Put anything you like in your car. Dont let others dictate what you put in to your ride. Dont fall for the bandwagon. Go with your instincts and what you like. ITS YOUR CAR.

If you going to flame, keep it to yourself. PERIOD! I do not want to hear your rant. If you a have a beef with someone, use PM's. PLEASE!

DONT: Ask a question without searching first. Its annoying to read same post that was covered yesterday or last month. Chances are you will not get the answer.

I'm a regular reader, not a poster. I like this forum. It is very organized and clean. It is one of the most organized forums i've ever been. Lets keep it this way.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Dont: Quote A Post With Many Many Many Many Pictures.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dont: bump major old threads like this that werent all that exciting to begin with.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

i hate people who dis other peoples car. if u want to put something on ur car then do it. if you want to put a flaming type r sticker that covers you whole hood then do it. i wont like it but im not going to say anything because there is probably something to my car that people don't like,but i dont care. jus let people do what they want and if they ask a question and u dont like it jus tell themwhat u know and keep your oponion out of it