Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Do's & Don'ts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do's & Don'ts

This Thread is for anyone who has sugesstions on what you think should and shouldn't be put on Lancers. Since Blacksheepdj's callout: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=237670. I think this is a good way to start helping out each other. Also plz don't dog anyone because of there suggesstions, simply put why you disagree. Debate about it. Lists anything you can think of: performance, paint, interior mods. exterior mods, sound systems, lighting, add-ons, etc. Have Fun!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

DO HAVE NEONS .. sorry

do whatever you want to your car that makes you happy -- it is YOUR car afterall

Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Don't put (IMO):

Flames
Neons
Stickers
Painted Hubcaps
Evo Spoilers IMO if you dont have side skirts
Front lip or rear lip w/o side skirts
Lancers dont come in type R so dont even bother looking for the stickers or embelems
RALLIART Badge if you have a regular lancer.
EVO EMBELEM
Type R ebay seats
pained interior
and list just goes on for any mods that are considered as ricer mods......

Ok to put will be

Rims
Lower the car using Springs or coilovers...coilovers will be the best choice
Black housing headlights
Front lip if you have side skirts to go along
Eyelids
CF Hood, trunk, spoiler, etc..
Window tint
Window visors if they flow with the car.
Black out taillights and so on.

Any performance part that will help the car but just dont go and brag about it if you only have an intake or other basic mods.....Oh yeah body kit will be ricer if you leave it unpainted of if you have no rims on your car.

Last edited by 04lancerEsGuy; Dec 2, 2006 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Dec 2, 2006, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heres a couple things that get asked about and done a lot..

Don't put

springs to drop the car - you WILL blow shocks/struts. Just face it. To do it right with the lancer you have to go coilovers.

Do put

Turbo - You wont make much power N/A so if your looking for power go FI.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Seen one to many lancers with evo wing starting to make me look like a lancer
Old Dec 2, 2006, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh boy. This should turn into a fun one.

Do: what you like.
Don't: what you don't.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clutchdc5
Seen one to many lancers with evo wing starting to make me look like a lancer

sentence doesnt even make sense. Anyway.....

blacksheep is right. Theres just some things like putting springs on a econobox with stock struts that really gets me.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsuozboi
sentence doesnt even make sense. Anyway.....

blacksheep is right. Theres just some things like putting springs on a econobox with stock struts that really gets me.
He's saying that Lancers with Evo wings make his Evo feel bad. Or something weird like that...

I agree with ya, mitsuozboi. But at the same time, I say live and let live. I've been called a ricer many a time (**thinks back to when I had the Ralliart stripes on my OZ...**)
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with yah. But your ralliart stripes are more of a taste thing. when it comes to styling it is all about what you want.

When it comes to susp and engine its a different story I think. putting springs on actually starts costing lancer owners money in the long run (which you know). But if we can help more lancer drivers not learn that the hard way we would be making good progress. lol. Thats what im sayin.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

I have springs! :: goes into corner and cries::

Seriously though, I feel that if someone is just looking for a decent drop to match say their wheels, it's okay to get springs if they won't be doing any aggressive driving.

On the other hand, I do regret getting my springs and will be switching to coilovers when the money comes.

Do: Experiment and use some creativity.
Don't: Cut out vinyls and stick it on your car. Ex: There are two Integras in Vegas that have that done. One with Goku from DBZ and the other is Spiderman. Looks extremely tacky, like they bought their car from the swap meet.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

I really don't understand people that hate against people that badge "R" or "neons"... They used to just mean your car is modified.... Sure there are posers that do these things and pretend, (which i guess annoys you guys) but even still, why should you care?....

They're obviously too poor to mod properly, because if they had the money to drop 10k in something that'll lessen the resale of the car, then they would for sure do it.

In essence you guys are just laughing at poor people, and I find that sad. What's even worse is that a lot of you guys get annoyed that people think the guy who badged their car with "TYPE R" is getting the same street credit as you with your 5k RRM turbokit....
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

After a long time I have realized that if you like neons or stickers on your car then dont listen to what others say. Because who am I to judge your car? I used to have neons and 2 alpine stickers in my car. I am sure I was made fun of. I took them off and I like it better without all that green glow. Just do what you like, but dont do anything stupid like chrome wipers, lol.

On springs: I have Tein s techs. They are great for a while but now my shocks are blown. The stance of my car is still awesome but I need to save up for some coilovers. Its a quick fix for the stock ride height and pretty cheap too. If you cant afford coilovers at the moment I dont see why springs would be all that bad. Just go ahead and get springs until you can afford the coilovers, since they would replace your blown struts anyways.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:03 AM

I think underbody neon kits are too much, however i like when someone puts neons or L.E.D.s behind there grill or inside there car under the dash and seats.

Also subwoofers with rattling trunks sounds bad, lol. I love bass, but cant stand hearing metal rattling in the background.

When ppl just buy mufflers (round carbon fiber lookin centers) to make there car have that crouch rocket sound.

Decals aren't bad if they have a purpose. Like sponsers or car clubs. Having Goku on your car is alittle too far, lol.

EVO parts, I think are fine on Lancers, as long as the don't try to convert there whole car. For example, I just got into a fender bender and I have to replace my hood and bumper (Hit a SUV). So i bought a CF hood and a replacement EVO 9 bumper (matches the car, no side skirts needed).

But do what pleases you, so what if someone calls you a ricer. Half the time those ppl are jealous, dont have a car, or there car's inferior to yours. They have no room to speak. Its all about the passion.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

I dont get the whole "Dont put Ralliart badges on your car cause its not a Ralliart" thing.

Ralliart is a "company" you could say, like NISMO to Nissan or TRD to Toyota, SRT to Dodge, SVT to FORD.

It's their performance division, and when you buy parts for "performance" its Ralliart based.

Its perfectly fine to put a ralliart badge on your regular lancer, if you actually have ralliart parts imo
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

I don't give a crap about what any one thinks is a do or a don't. I think that most people that are concerned with what other people do are idiots themselves. If a person wants to put on neons and have a loud system then who the hell cares?

There are some things that you should never do to this engine, like nitros or those cheap ECU chips or electric blowers. As for most everything else it's cool, just so long as it's what you want to do.

By the way I have a Ralliart badge on front JDM Ralliart Grill. I still like it better then the stock thong or any aftermarket grill. No fitment issues and it's color matched. Go ahead and call me a ricer if you want I could care less cause if you judge a person like that you're a tool anyway.

Fox

Quick Reply: Do's & Don'ts