Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Next Gen Lancer Engine Bay Pic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Z_2_Evo8
hmmm this reminds me of the K-series for the new honda's
Yeah man, it looks like my old K20Z3:
Old Jan 6, 2007, 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dpetro64
Yeah man, it looks like my old K20Z3:
Damnit guys, what about the 07 Civic Si!! k20 bishs.... Si gets no love...

Last edited by 02OZR; Jan 20, 2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

yeah.....everyone is swapping the manifolds around now.....just like they swapped which side the serpentine belts were on....right to left.....it must be because of some sort of weight distribution thing or it could be purely cosmetic so you don't have to look at that rusty exhaust manifold when you open the hood....talk about plastic....have you ever seen the rx-8 engine bay....i mean you can't even see the engine...it's just one huge piece of plastic covering everything up

Last edited by kilgoja; Jan 6, 2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no need for the bling manifold on the new ones lol

can stick with a casted one now... theyre safer anyways lol
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
some more evo X engine info...

Next-Gen Power

The engine powering Prototype X and the next Lancer Evolution is a turbocharged version of the all-new aluminum 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC engine used in the 2008 Lancer sports sedan.

It will yield the highest power rating ever in a Lancer Evolution model. (Since development continues, final engine output figures will be revealed at a later date.) Significantly, the newest Lancer Evolution will have less differentiation from market to market than the previous generations.

The new models aluminum engine block is a significant 20 kg lighter than the iron-block 4G63 engine used in all previous models, which aids weight distribution. In addition, its orientation (exhaust located on bulkhead side) allows for improved placement that helps to lower the center of gravity.

Although the new Lancer Evolution engine block is lighter, it was designed from the outset for high-performance turbocharged applications. High inherent strength has been achieved partly through over-engineering of the open deck block, and the use of large water jackets and metal areas around each siamesed cylinder bore. The reciprocating assembly of the turbocharged 4B11 is capable of withstanding high levels of boost.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...rototype-X.htm
Old Jan 10, 2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by novem
Next-Gen Power

The engine powering Prototype X and the next Lancer Evolution is a turbocharged version of the all-new aluminum 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC engine used in the 2008 Lancer sports sedan.

It will yield the highest power rating ever in a Lancer Evolution model. (Since development continues, final engine output figures will be revealed at a later date.) Significantly, the newest Lancer Evolution will have less differentiation from market to market than the previous generations.

The new models aluminum engine block is a significant 20 kg lighter than the iron-block 4G63 engine used in all previous models, which aids weight distribution. In addition, its orientation (exhaust located on bulkhead side) allows for improved placement that helps to lower the center of gravity.

Although the new Lancer Evolution engine block is lighter, it was designed from the outset for high-performance turbocharged applications. High inherent strength has been achieved partly through over-engineering of the open deck block, and the use of large water jackets and metal areas around each siamesed cylinder bore. The reciprocating assembly of the turbocharged 4B11 is capable of withstanding high levels of boost.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/to...rototype-X.htm
Sounds good on paper but not too sure about it still.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

i wish you could see the engine exposed more instead of all these plastic covers over them
Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:46 PM

I think im attached to the 4G63. I dont want it to go. MITSU. WHAT ARE U DOING?!?!?! It will probably be better tho huh? Any thoughts? 4G63 or 4B11?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

i like the tunability of the 4G63 and the potential of the 4B11. depends if one is willing to risk the initial "dry" period of aftermarket products with a newly released engine?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by space
i like the tunability of the 4G63 and the potential of the 4B11. depends if one is willing to risk the initial "dry" period of aftermarket products with a newly released engine?
/Agree. But the big question is, who wants to be the guinea pig? Not me. Especially not w/ that $40k price tag.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
hmmmm.............(scratching his head)
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

SRT-4 copycat. it looks like an srt-4 and has a similar engine layout. i'll stick with my 4g63 evoIX thank you.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chino1
SRT-4 copycat. it looks like an srt-4 and has a similar engine layout. i'll stick with my 4g63 evoIX thank you.
Im goin Retro. Gonna get a 2003 Evo 8 or if i do move out of Cali. (I ****IN HATE IT HERE. DAMN Governor and stupid import car rules.) 2001 Evo VII RS-2 or GSR
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by krazirob
someone told me days ago about subaru coming out with a 3.5 litre or so turbo ap car??? anyone know how true this is. i cant see it being a rally car since that would be way over the restrictions
What about the 2.5L USDM STI? There are some JDM STIs that have more than two liters too. What about those? The homologations days ended with the Evo 6.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Vigo
What about the 2.5L USDM STI? There are some JDM STIs that have more than two liters too. What about those? The homologations days ended with the Evo 6.
Even the USDM STI now doesnt match rally specs. The engine HAS to be a 2 liter. 2.5 = NOPE. 3.5 = HELL NO. Only reason subaru even went w/ 2.5 in first place is so they could pass emissions here w/ that boxter engine.

Quick Reply: Next Gen Lancer Engine Bay Pic