Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Yonaka Ronin Cloth Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yonaka Ronin Cloth Seats

Has anyone owned or even sat in these seats? I am thinking about them as a future mod, but I would like to know how the quality is first. I have searched and there are some results for the synthetic leather seats, but not for the cloth ones. Please let me know. Oh and I know that these aren't Recaro's or Bride's, but I can't afford 'real' seats right now, so I was looking at these. I can get them for $299/set from streetimports.com. Let me know! Thanks! -Brad
Old Jan 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
If you can't afford "real" seats, don't buy seats, it's that simple. At 299$ a set I doubt these are safe, at least safe enough that I would want to be in them in an accident. Save up and buy seats made by a trusted manufacturer like Recaro, Sparo, Bride, etc..
Old Jan 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

yonaka's from what i've heard are actually really good seats. i've sat in them, and they're NOTHING like the cheap junk you find on ebay. I considered a set for a while, but never pulled the trigger. there's a shop by my house that does drift cars, and he sells these seats all day long.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:55 AM

ambystom, these would be a temporary fix until I can afford the nrg carbon fiber seats that I really want. I will be buying the NRG seats when I graduate in December, but until then I want something that will hold me better than the stock seats do.

blacklancerr, were the ones you sat in the Ronin style seats or one of the other ones? How were they as far as: do you think that you could sit in these seats for a couple hour drive? Also, did you notice the stitching or materials? Were these seats put together well?

Thanks for the replies and please keep them coming! -Brad
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

It was stated above that you heard they were good seats and that they are comfortable. Is there any information available regarding the safety or crash testing on these seats? I'm going to have to agree with ambystom01 on this one. I worked at Sparco for three years and we saw quite a few of those "off-brand" seats that were made for comfort and looks and I would not want to get in an accident sitting in one of them. There's a reason why off-brand seats are less expensive- because in most cases little or no safety features or safety testing is included in the design/manufactuing aspect of these seats. Brands like Recaro, Sparco, Cobra, Corbeau, Bride, and Momo go through stringent safety testing and are designed with safety in mind.

I would hate to see a story posted on here about how your seats failed during an accident and IMO you should just wait and get some quaility seats when you're done with school.

Just my .02
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah if you are going to spend the money on expensive seats anyways just wait and save the money.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by pennjones
ambystom, these would be a temporary fix until I can afford the nrg carbon fiber seats that I really want. I will be buying the NRG seats when I graduate in December, but until then I want something that will hold me better than the stock seats do.

blacklancerr, were the ones you sat in the Ronin style seats or one of the other ones? How were they as far as: do you think that you could sit in these seats for a couple hour drive? Also, did you notice the stitching or materials? Were these seats put together well?

Thanks for the replies and please keep them coming! -Brad
Why spend money on a part 1. you know will be replaced in the future and 2. could potentially kill you in a crash? If you want to stick in your seat better buy a CG lock. Also you can't judge the safety of a seat by how good the stiches are, what makes a good seat is the construction. This is why Sparco seats are 700$ a pop, they don't look fancy but they'll save your *** in a crash.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:25 AM

Alright I appreciate all the advice about the safety issues. I probably will just wait to get good seats after I graduate because of this advice. I do agree that stitching and materials won't save you in a crash, the only reason I was asking about those features was to see if the seats looked good or like crap. If I did decide to get the seats (which is why I started this thread), I would have wanted seats that were put together decent. But as I already said, I will almost definetly be passing these up now. Thanks all! -Brad