Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Just about to finalize on an '07 OZ but now...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about to finalize on an '07 OZ but now...

Hey,

new here. This is a cool site btw, lots of info!
Anyways, im just about to go and finish and finalize the paper work for a new '06 lacer OZ. I got a sweet deal on this thing, so i didnt hesitate to buy it when i was shopping around, this was the nicest car with the most options that worked in my price range.

Now last night, i just saw the 2008 lancers are coming. Not sure when, but they look soooooo much nicer! So im wondering, should i wait if i can to buy an '08 if they are coming out like next month? i need a car ASAP, but if the '08's are coming out soon, like next month, id like to grab one...and plus they have more power out of the 2.0L.

Also the OZ has way better interior than the ES, so thats why i grabbed it and if the '08 ES is going to be grey cloth again, then im not going to consider it. I cant stand light colored interiors.

And im going to assume i wont be able to get an '08 OZ for the same price as i will be paying for my '06 OZ.

This is going to be my first BRAND NEW car. Ive owened 8 others car, but after spending tons of cash on them cause they keep breaking or i keep modding them, i ve had it! So its been like 3 weeks now since ive had no car, so ive been waiting for a new car, and i cant wait to get this one, but now i see the '08, im starting to not want the OZ as much just it doesnt look as nice and its a lot slower than '07...

What to do?!?! is worth waiting? ill be turboing this one in the future, so i wonder is its even worth it for the 150hp 2.0L...

Last edited by c900t16; Feb 2, 2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by c900t16
Hey,

new here. This is a cool site btw, lots of info!
Anyways, im just about to go and finish and finalize the paper work for a new '06 lacer OZ. I got a sweet deal on this thing, so i didnt hesitate to buy it when i was shopping around, this was the nicest car with the most options that worked in my price range.

Now last night, i just saw the 2008 lancers are coming. Not sure when, but they look soooooo much nicer! So im wondering, should i wait if i can to buy an '08 if they are coming out like next month? i need a car ASAP, but if the '08's are coming out soon, like next month, id like to grab one...and plus they have more power out of the 2.0L.

Also the OZ has way better interior than the ES, so thats why i grabbed it and if the '08 ES is going to be grey cloth again, then im not going to consider it. I cant stand light colored interiors.

And im going to assume i wont be able to get an '08 OZ for the same price as i will be paying for my '06 OZ.

This is going to be my first BRAND NEW car. Ive owened 8 others car, but after spending tons of cash on them cause they keep breaking or i keep modding them, i ve had it! So its been like 3 weeks now since ive had no car, so ive been waiting for a new car, and i cant wait to get this one, but now i see the '08, im starting to not want the OZ as much just it doesnt look as nice and its a lot slower than '07...

What to do?!?! is worth waiting? ill be turboing this one in the future, so i wonder is its even worth it for the 150hp 2.0L...
I say, wait for the next generation, or get a 1-year-used '06 OZ. First year depreciation is ABSOLUTELY HUGE for these cars, so you can get a great deal on a car that still has 4 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty, and have plenty of cash left for mods (compared to buying the brand new one). Or go for the more powerful '06 Ralliart. I don't think the 08 models will be out til the fall.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

the ralliart are still too much for me...basically im ballon financing, its an open lease but im financing... im paying 150$ bi weekly so 300$ a month but with zero down. I was supposed to get 0% financing but that made my payments monthly too high, so since i went with a freind whos mom is best friends with the owner, they gave me 3350$ off the MSRP of the car. It was like 21 XXX$ CAD. So i got 3350$ off that. Which is pretty sweet.

BUt do you honeslty think the extra power will be much different? I wonder if it will feel like the current ralliart? But if i get this one, ill turbo it after i break it in for a few months.

If the '08 comes out in fall, i cant do it, ive been pushing it for 3 or 4 weeks now with no car. I need to work now! haha
Old Feb 2, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

either way, whatever ya choose, welcome to the mitsubishi family!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 08:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the 08s will come out in February, no. I haven't heard anything about them coming out 6 months early.

Get a car now. And get something you can afford, dude. It really sounds like you're pushing your finances to afford a car. How are going to buy a turbo kit if you can't afford the car?

Not trying to be mean. I'm getting old, so I think of these things...
Old Feb 2, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

It won't be coming out that soon, so welcome! either way...
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can buy a lightly used 2005 Ralliart for about $12k in the US.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

congrats on any1 you get.. but i strongly dissagree with modding a car you make payments on.. you can buy a 02 or 03 OZ to play with..
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CadiLuva
congrats on any1 you get.. but i strongly dissagree with modding a car you make payments on.. you can buy a 02 or 03 OZ to play with..
Not everyone can have as much fun as we do on our sexy white 02-03 lancers cadi :P he wants a new car, i don't know when its coming out but the new lancers look hawt :P
Old Feb 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my 06 ES on my birthday 12/17/2005. It was about the same as your 06. I'm surprised it hasn't dropped in price. My payments are $435 a month. I'm trying to pay it off ASAP. LOL Enjoy your car! L8t3R
Old Feb 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

im not really pushign my finances, just tired of spendin upwards of 400-600$ a month on other broken cars that cost me more in the long run, so i decided ill just buy new!

and well deal is sealed, i pick it up monday...the '08's are out for a while and i need a car, i cant put it off any longer!

Glad to be a mitsubishi owner now!!
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

welcome to the club man.

glad to have u abord.

hope u like ur car i know the rest of us like our

have fun and happy moding
Old Feb 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

im looking forward to it, it will be a nice car. No more issues or problems for now is waht im happy about! i want to get rid of my other cars or just not drive them anymore...hha well just like once a week i guess

i think the lancer has some potential to be fast...
Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Options

I think you'll have more luck with mods in a '06 then a '08 plus you'll have more $$ for mods if u don't buy the '08. It's still ur decision.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

thats is true! but i already bought the car....picking it up monday! i cant wait!!

Quick Reply: Just about to finalize on an '07 OZ but now...