Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Odd Question from an Odd Little Boy I Met

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2003, 07:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd Question from an Odd Little Boy I Met

Ya so I'm parked at a mall and waiting for some friends when some little 17 yr old on a skateboard came by and said "whoa Nice Evo". Now I'm from Canada, so obviously I don't have an EVO....So I'm like "its not an evo its a Lancer OZ Rally". So he stops comes around the front of the car and says "oh ya".

He said he noticed the front end was different and asked if I could put the evo bumper, headlights, fenders and hood on the car.I said I don't know if thats even possible I've had the car for a day. He scoffed at me and left.

Anyways I was just wondering if this odd question from the kid is even possible. Obviously we have to totally different front ends in terms of hood, front bumper, headlights and front fenders. But if I were to buy all those parts would it work?

Just curious.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm. dunno
Old Jun 2, 2003, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too much stuff will have to be changed.

- Bend the frame to fit the peices of the new body style
- Move parts around the engine bay so that the new parts can fit in
- Drill new holes to mount the peices.
- Install new hinges to fit the hood on
- Install new pistons for the hood (that help u lift the hood)
- make sure alignment is perfect.
- Paint peices to colormatch the whole car
- Change wiring to support the HID of the Evo

That's all i can think of right now, im sure there will be a TON of other things to think about. Just too expensive a project, if not time consuming as well.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 08:12 PM
Account Disabled

Geez you'd think that Mitsubishi only added "cosmetical" differences to the lancer. Sounds nuts. Oh well maybe someday a kit company will make a hood without the grill attached and an EVO style bumper to fit ours.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Most Evo 7 kits require you to buy the whole lot of front pieces because the kit significantly changes how every other piece fits. You can't get just the vented hood, you have to get the front bumper and the projector lights as well. The best I've seen was a while back where you can get an adaptor of sorts for the stock headlights and not have to get the projectors (which saves you $700). That was a LONG time ago, though.

These days, your best bet is to contact some Australian companies whose names escape me at the moment. Run a search! From what I do recall, they've said their kits don't have any fitment issues with our stock headlights, and if you can get over the $1500 price tag, it's the best option for a 7 kit.

Old Jun 3, 2003, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

y cant canada hav evos?
Old Jun 3, 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

For some reason, EVos just haven't been released in Canada. Evo_Dan might have more info.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

The Stoooooopid government is **** here about 3-mph bumpers. i.e. The Evo doesnt' have safe enough front bumpers, so no EVO until they fix it........how stupid considering they let all these civics with NO bumpers drive around all the time.