Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

02-03 Lancer OZ vs 08 Lancer DE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blacklancerr
i think he was referring to your comment "I would take a stock 2008 over that riced out 02-03 OZ"
And if you would actually read any of my replies you would notice that I am comparing only the looks, I am not mentioning performance because I don't think it's fair as the new Lancers have been out how long, 7-10 days? I am a patient man, I am more than sure that when all said and done a 2008 Lancer will not only look better but it will offer better performance.

Besides, if you wanna compare performance/looks , compare a stock 02-03 OZ vs stock 2008 GTS. The original post compares a tricked out OZ vs a basic DE (not even ES). And to clarify it all, which one looks better, I say 2008 DE hands down, which one performs better, I would say the OZ as it's heavily modified.

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Apr 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Rugged??? It looks boxy and squared, like something you would drive in the early 1990s. But yeah, different strokes for different folks, it's just that some people actually have a sense of aesthetics and style and some don't
i'm a professional graphic designer mate. I definitly have a sense of aesthetics and style. Don't get cocky

Yes i think the 02-03's look much more rugged. Put it this way, which looks more likely to survive an off road rally???
In my opinion the 03's look like they can take more of a beating, and have a greater rally style. The 08's pretty much look like a lexus, something that could maybe be street raced
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
And if you would actually read any of my replies you would notice that I am comparing only the looks, I am not mentioning performance because I don't think it's fair as the new Lancers have been out how long, 7-10 days? I am a patient man, I am more than sure that when all said and done a 2008 Lancer will not only look better but it will offer better performance.
i read your replies, i'm not the one who commented on the performance. i do think that you're narrow minded for thinking that anyone who would like an 02-03 over an 08 would have to be blind though.

i'm talking looks also. i think the 08 will probably look *****in with a full on bodykit, or even just a different front bumper. i personally would take a stock 02-03 over a stock 08 LOOKS wise because i hate the lines of the 08 and think the 02-03 is cleaner. but i'm sure you'll tell me i'm blind for thinking that.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys no need to get hostile. besides, aesthetics is a relative field!
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Performance is a bit of an issue stock vs. stock. While the new lancer has more power it's also heavier. I haven't driven one though so I can't say much.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crypto
i'm a professional graphic designer mate. I definitly have a sense of aesthetics and style. Don't get cocky

Yes i think the 02-03's look much more rugged. Put it this way, which looks more likely to survive an off road rally???
In my opinion the 03's look like they can take more of a beating, and have a greater rally style. The 08's pretty much look like a lexus, something that could maybe be street raced
Well let's see, a 2008 Lancer is higher off the ground than the last generation, has a stiffer chassis, and it's wider and a bit shorter. And again I would ask myself, which one would actually survive an offroad rally?

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Apr 3, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by crypto

The new Lancer is much stiffer than the old Lancer, so it is more likely to survive in harsh rally conditions. The new Lancer chassis if stiffer than the current Evo chassis.

Last edited by Vigo; Apr 3, 2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor

^^^ i know, re-read my post. Which one "looks" like it would survive.
while the 08 may actually be a tougher car, it certainly doesn't look it. Like i said, it just looks like every other lexus, mazda, acura on the road
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Performance is a bit of an issue stock vs. stock. While the new lancer has more power it's also heavier. I haven't driven one though so I can't say much.
My sister has a 2003 OZ and I test drove the 2008 ES and to me ES has a better acceleration than the OZ. Besides, Evolutionm.net did test the new Lancer ES and it had a 0-60 time of around 7.65 seconds (this is more like the last generation Ralliart territory), I don't think a stock 2002-2006 OZ can reach those numbers. Then again 0-60 time is not the only thing that measures performance, handling-wise the new ES also sticks better to the road than the OZ. But basically I am comparing two stock models.

Last edited by blitzkrieg79; Apr 3, 2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

To me the new Lancer is the toughest looking Lancer ever.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

ick. Some people like me actually like how cars used to be more boxy. Thats one thing I love about my 03. Cars are going all aerodynamic with crazy lines. looks like garbage. performance of cars are getting better.. technology is getting better but the designers need to be shot in the throat.

The new lancer.. is... gross. and someone made a good point. both cars are lowered.. look at ther height difference in the trunk and rear bumper.. new lancer is a dam suv.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I see a grandma car with a wing, and a performance sedan in the picture... You decide.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
I see a grandma car with a wing, and a performance sedan in the picture... You decide.
I will agree. a 02-06 lancer es with the hub caps.. no wing... truck like stance in sand or silver looks like a grandma car... Move to a OZ or a es with mods and it doesnt.. imho

I also dont see the lancer as a perfoemance sedan.... Its still a lancer.. just technology is getting better so cars will gain a tad more power and better handling over time....
Old Apr 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
02-03 smaller lighter and softer. New Lancer, bigger , more power and stiff chassis.

ROAD/RACE
Old Apr 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

2008 Gts

There is no way u can even compare the o2 to the 08 in performance or style u take those two cars and put the same amount of money into the motor and body kits and I would bet my last dollar on the 08 would kill that car. I have owned an 02 O.Z. a 04 Ralliart and im in the works on my GTS this week U can see the stock upgrades become bigger and better each time a new lancer is produced, the moter(DOHC) the interior(FRICKN SWEET) and the frame on the new car are better then any outdated model. I still loved every lancer i owned

Quick Reply: 02-03 Lancer OZ vs 08 Lancer DE