Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

More on my Accident... Would like some input

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude I am sorry to say this, but have you ever driven a pickup? Because if you are backing up and there is a small car trunk coming out of a drive way, you cant see it... When using the rearview mirror or a pick up truck its like a good 10 to 15 foot blind spot before you can see the road or at least a small *** car like ours. So if I were you I'd cut my loses and shut it because you just might lose and hav eto fix hers....
Old May 18, 2007, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Um from analysing the picture where the damage is to the lancer and seeing how no damage done to the truck I'd say she hit him which means he was in that spot 1st b4 they collided. The trucks bumper pressed into the side of the lancer and the bumper is not bent. If he had hit her then the damage would be on the rear of the trunk area and not the side. Its a hard one to say who is at fault still. When backing up and there are other vehicles around me I always try to look into the vehicles to see if there is a driver sitting behind the wheel even if its off so I can anticipate what to do if they were to move while Im moving.

QUOTE=ox663bender;4343942]Dude I am sorry to say this, but have you ever driven a pickup?

That doesnt matter if he drove one or not because she should have also been using her passenger side mirror the most to back up especially since she was paralleled parked right before someone's driveway because normally no one will block a drive way so she shouldnt have to worry about a car parked directly behind her she just needed to worry about a car comming out. But the lancer driver could have been more attentive as in he should have heard that loud *** truck fire up and looked round to see if it was the truck parked infront of a house.

Last edited by SnapDragun; May 18, 2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old May 18, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
50/50 is more than reasonable, unless you were already out in your spot and they just flat out slammed into you...
Old May 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

^Thank you SnapDragon and Evoryder... that's exactly what happened. I was ALREADY out.. thats what all of you who are saying 50/50 are missing out on. I was already out. All of a sudden she just fired into me, it's not as if I even had time to react or move forward either, she was only about 2 ft away. 2ft away at 3-5mph is like half a second.

Her truck had NO Damage. I figure that if I would have hit her AT THE SAME TIME like most of you are saying, the damage would have been in a different place, and not only just me, but her too. Her car had NO DAMAGE. But as of right now, I'm leaving it alone because her insurance gave me an estimate of about $1,000 more than what I recieved from my insurance, so I'm going to get $900 from her insurance, and go back to mine and just put in maybe atleast $50 to fix it up.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I think 50/50 is the best you're going to get. I'm kind of surprised they didn't blame you for 100% of it, simply because the truck was already in the road and you weren't, which places responsibility of yielding on you.
Old May 19, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

take the 50/50 and relax i still say